• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When your ownership are millionaires, and not billionaires; making TWC is very important.

The minority ownership has billionaires. TWC was a boon for the Buss family though. I think there is some financial tie in with the value of the contract and the TV ratings.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When your ownership are millionaires, and not billionaires; making TWC is very important.

You are going to send Wiggy into a rant of biblical proportions on the topic of the Buss family being Rich Folk poor.

What were you thinking?

darylgoodlord.gif

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are going to send Wiggy into a rant of biblical proportions on the topic of the Buss family being Rich Folk poor.

What were you thinking?

View attachment 132995

Well, this is completely irrelevant from his endless dribble. The Lakers are in the same category given that they have the most lucrative TV deal amongst ALL franchises. The Buss families are millionaires, not billionaires. That's why I always found the "deepest pockets" remarks to be downright stupid - because you still operate in the confines of the salary cap. You need to spend into the luxury in order to win a title - it's fact. If the Lakers continue in this trend, when that TV deal comes time to be renewed, do you think TWC re-ups for the same price figure?

It's important to stay high in the ratings if you're the Lakers. Particularly since a majority of your money comes from the TV deal, and not the family.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling that the Heat won't offer Whiteside the max which will lead him to go to Dallas. If that's the case, I say the Heat spend the money on Batum and hopefully bring in Deng on the cheap ($6 mil per hopefully *wishful thinking*).

I think he's gone.
The fact he's elimated all the other teams says he's ready to make a decision, now.
It's going to do down like this.

Whiteside 'Pat, I just got offered a max from Dallas, are you prepared to offer me a max right now?'

Riley. No

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this guy is a albatross on Defense.

But, maybe the Lakers should consider trading for Kanter?

Or, better yet, Monroe?

I know you don't want to stunt Randle's growth.

But, trading for Kanter and signing Biyombo would even out both those guys shortcomings.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this is completely irrelevant from his endless dribble. The Lakers are in the same category given that they have the most lucrative TV deal amongst ALL franchises. The Buss families are millionaires, not billionaires. That's why I always found the "deepest pockets" remarks to be downright stupid - because you still operate in the confines of the salary cap. You need to spend into the luxury in order to win a title - it's fact. If the Lakers continue in this trend, when that TV deal comes time to be renewed, do you think TWC re-ups for the same price figure?

It's important to stay high in the ratings if you're the Lakers. Particularly since a majority of your money comes from the TV deal, and not the family.

You are absolutely correct.

I think they have a clause after 5 years to extend, cancel or renegotiate the deal.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Portland is still in the mix.

I think they will get a few guys this Summer.

Either signing Whiteside or Biyombo or a trade for Monroe or Kanter.

I would assume they will Target Parsons, Anderson too.

Maybe even Darrell Authur and Terrance Jones.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only part in the current Lakers line up, assuming Ingram slots in at SF, that needs addressing is the Center position. There are a couple of teams willing to trade their big men (Sixers, Kings) in order to get Russell. If Mike Conley is signed, i'm pretty sure Russell will be traded for one of those bigs.

After that they only really need to upgrade the bench - Parsons, Batum etc.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horford just started following Durant on twitter. OKC is going to be tough.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers have strong interest in Jon Leuer. This summer might not be so bad. :smash:

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a coincidence he started following Durant not long before free agency begins I guess.

Could be. We'll know within the next few days. Didn't think OKC could afford Horford if Durant signs though

Status
Not open for further replies.