• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,016.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're such a versatile bunch.....we can talk sports, movies, current events, etc.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If KD doesnt come to miami then riley had another terrible FA period. We lost half the team and possibly Wade so he could play the waiting game. Plus we had no draft this year which hurts even more.

We weren't doing shit with Deng and Joe Johnson anyway. Did you happen to watch the series against Toronto? If you didn't, I'll provide a tl;dr summary:

They didn't do shit and looked old.

We're not going to be able to do shit next season anyway. If Bosh retires, that's $25 mil in cap space that will just sit there. Let's calm down with the gloom and doom.

Also, I'm okay with how Riley handled the offseason. I'm certainly glad that we didn't offer average players long-term contracts averaging $16 mil per year.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 27,016.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MDX is probably busy with the 4th of July weekend festivities but I really wanna his feedback on the Burke acquisition.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should photo shop Delly and Mozgov out of the photo.

Guess they should have signed with Klutch?
losing 2 guys that didnt play in the Finals and got a ton of money is not going to hurt the Cavs as much as giving them that money and not being able to enter free agency next year.

look at those Heat though- losing Johnson, and Johnson and Deng...think you guys make the East playoffs this year?

oh - i forgot--- Riley is a genius and its gonna be just fine.

#godfather #Alzheimers

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kjj
We weren't doing shit with Deng and Joe Johnson anyway. Did you happen to watch the series against Toronto? If you didn't, I'll provide a tl;dr summary:

We're not going to be able to do shit next season anyway. If Bosh retires, that's $25 mil in cap space that will just sit there. Let's calm down with the gloom and doom.

Also, I'm okay with how Riley handled the offseason. I'm certainly glad that we didn't offer average players long-term contracts averaging $16 mil per year.

Agree. As long as he signs Wade and pick up some vets for cheap, I'm fine with it.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 27,016.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This. I seriously think the Nets will regret that Tyler Johnson contract in a season or 2......especially since they just added Lin.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 27,016.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ate lunch so old man DJ is taking a nap. Be back in about 90 minutes or so.

I hope I don't miss anything big!!!!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. I seriously think the Nets will regret that Tyler Johnson contract in a season or 2......especially since they just added Lin.

Not sure if they will regret it. Tyler is a good player who continues to get better

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup. Heat will have a roster that's comprised of some youth players like Weber, Richardson, and Winslow as well as some veteran players. We'll likely miss out on Durant and re-sign Wade, which I'm fine with.

I'm all for attempting to find another gem hopefully that can play the 4 quite honestly. Either way, whether my team's a contender for the title or rebuilding, I'm still a fan. I'm not going to jump ship like some others do around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.