• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that earlier, and posted that if I were Horford, I would of signed a 1 and 1 with OKC

I'm not sure. For a guy like Horford ... signing for >$100M will make him crazy rich the rest of his life ... and no concerns about injuries, new CBA, etc. I think a bunch of these guys decided to set themselves up for life with these contracts. Given the opportunity now -- makes sense to me. Who know what a new CBA could bring? Get the $$$ now.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After they won the championship, a lot of folks (like me) thought the Mavs were setup great to bring in FAs. They had great facilities and an owner that a lot of players liked ... and a great coach. Somehow, Cuban & crew have not been able to deliver since then -- they are really in bad situation. The Harrison Barnes offer is a desperate move since they are striking out with others. (and probably will with HB -- Ws will probably match)

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure. For a guy like Horford ... signing for >$100M will make him crazy rich the rest of his life ... and no concerns about injuries, new CBA, etc. I think a bunch of these guys decided to set themselves up for life with these contracts. Given the opportunity now -- makes sense to me. Who know what a new CBA could bring? Get the $$$ now.
Good points, and I certainly don't begrudge him for taking the opportunity at hand. There would of definitely been risk with the 1 and 1, but I guess the reward would be that they would of been either THE(or at worst 2nd to 3rd) favorite to win the title

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After they won the championship, a lot of folks (like me) thought the Mavs were setup great to bring in FAs. They had great facilities and an owner that a lot of players liked ... and a great coach. Somehow, Cuban & crew have not been able to deliver since then -- they are really in bad situation. The Harrison Barnes offer is a desperate move since they are striking out with others. (and probably will with HB -- Ws will probably match)
Cuban pushed all his chips to the table when he broke up that title team to chase Deron Williams, and Dwight Howard. Once he came up short, he's been star hungry ever since. I mean Dallas had a good team some years ago, but they went and made a mid-season trade for Rondo, and it totally wrecked the chemistry of the entire team. They have HB for the moment, but with GS likely to not get Durant, they'll most certainly match that

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love Crawford to the Warriors.

J Crossover has been a stand up Dude for years and has to feel like Doc shit on him for his kid and Wesley Fucking Johnson.

Johnson is on a good contract.

But, not at the expense of Crawford.

Dude deserves better.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our top 7 guys if this all happened curry,klay,iguodala, kD, green, crawford, livingston. Thats an insane top 7 lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our top 7 guys if this all happened curry,klay,iguodala, kD, green, crawford, livingston. Thats an insane top 7 lol

You cant get Crawford if you get KD. Correct?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cant get Crawford if you get KD. Correct?

Depends on what the Crawford contract is for. Given his age and lack of jewelry, he might not be singing for that much. He would provide much needed bench scoring, especially if Iggy has to move to the starting 5.

Regardless of what Crawford signs for, they could certainly still get KD, it would just mean moving a contract or two.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,921.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to claim I for sure know what KD is going to do but I'm all but certain he is not going to the Warriors, it's not happening.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to claim I for sure know what KD is going to do but I'm all but certain he is not going to the Warriors, it's not happening.

I am not saying that he is going, but all this hype is starting to remind me of the LeBron decision. Media keeps reporting that he is almost definitely staying, yet he is intrigued by other opportunities. The media was certain that LeBron was staying too, even though LeBron refused to comment on free agent destinations every time he was asked, much like KD has done. The media built up expectations for Cleveland fans, and I feel that the same thing is happening here.

When a star player keeps his feelings close to the vest as KD has done, the reality is that nobody knows. He might stay, he might go, but I seriously doubt that the Thunder truly are 90% favorites as the media has reported.

Just remember OKC fans, KD has handled his free agency extremely well. It is not his fault that the media speculates on him 24/7. If he decides to leave, it is more than fair to be disappointed, but let's not villify him the way LeBron has been.

Status
Not open for further replies.