• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Mock Draft

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't disagree with this...no question teams will pile-drive him into the turf when presented the opportunity, kinda like the philly rookie LB from Texas did last year. I'd still like a QB this draft and I understand there are only so many opportunities at a top selection for one....but, I still shy away from one at 4....guess I'm kinda like jerry if it's 4 or bust

maybe it's the grand look off and jerry will tell us it was QB all along after he drafts Wentz.

Well we know from history whoever Jerry picks he's the guy he wanted all along. He could draft Donald Duck, and he'd say he was the highest player on their board.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't disagree with this...no question teams will pile-drive him into the turf when presented the opportunity, kinda like the philly rookie LB from Texas did last year. I'd still like a QB this draft and I understand there are only so many opportunities at a top selection for one....but, I still shy away from one at 4....guess I'm kinda like jerry if it's 4 or bust

maybe it's the grand look off and jerry will tell us it was QB all along after he drafts Wentz.

Well with Jerry you never really know what's going on...... but you can be confident that 20 pots are about to boil over in the back kitchen every single day. Thus is Jerry Jones.

Pday you saw Wentz in person in Frisco and I still want the Boys to pick him but I think he is going to Cleveland.

This team needs help all over the field except OL now if Cody Whitehair was on the board in the 3rd that would be like tempting a kid with a ice cream cone just not right. Don't think he will make out of the 1st

I am not sure what to think the Cowboys will do but we should come out of this draft with at least 3 solid players and maybe more depending on how the draft falls.

I just want Jerry to listen to the scouts and pick the player they believe in the most. I just hope they get it right!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Five-round mock 5.0: Cowboys pluck Myles Jack, Derrick Henry

Theoretically, how would you feel about a haul of:
1: Myles Jack LB UCLA
2: Derrick Henry RB Alabama
3: Christian Hackenberg QB Penn State
4: Bronson Kaufusi DE BYU
4A: Charone Peake WR Clemson

I do like Jack, not a fan of Bama backs, Hackenberg has a lot to work on. Wouldn't completely hate it but not thrilled either.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do like Jack, not a fan of Bama backs, Hackenberg has a lot to work on. Wouldn't completely hate it but not thrilled either.
Jack and Henry would provide instant impact. I'm not a big Hackenberg fan, if I were gonna take a flier on a big developmental guy, I might go all the way and pick Cardale Jones

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what to think. We have added a RB and some DLine help. We tried to get a CB. OL is solid, although if Tunsill falls it would be tough to pass. We resigned MCClain. That leaves S, WR, and Qb that we really haven't done much. I think we have a solid 4 WRs with Butler ready to emerge if given the chance. I have to believe that Jones will be a FS next yr, since it seems we aren't doing much there. CB or QB for me.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd be OK, with that, Myles injury scares the crap out of me but if he's healthy he's worth it. Hackenberg is probably right about the coaching staff to be blamed for his fall off, I just wish he never said it. I keep thinking Ryan Leaf now, the guy doesn't want to own his garbage.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jack and Henry would provide instant impact. I'm not a big Hackenberg fan, if I were gonna take a flier on a big developmental guy, I might go all the way and pick Cardale Jones
I say no to Cardone Jones.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say no to Cardone Jones.
It would depend on where we got him to me. I don't think Prescott or Cook will be there in round 3. If he's there in the 4th or 5th, I'd use a pick on him, and plan on him not seeing the field till year 3 at least. He has all the tools

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we know from history whoever Jerry picks he's the guy he wanted all along. He could draft Donald Duck, and he'd say he was the highest player on their board.
You had to bring that up! I was so pissed when we missed out on Duck!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Romo however he is 1 nasty sack away from Retirement IMHO break his collarbone again and he is TOAST.
Jerry for all his bluster has to see this or he is the stupid GM /Owner that he is portrayed as. Being an old oil Wildcatter Jerry will let it ride on hitting a Super Bowl or coming up bust he has done it before and recovered but this time he wont recover to win the SB with himself in charge if he is wrong.

I love the confidence but cant buy in to the sales pitch. Cowboys are at a pivotal Draft good or bad.
I am praying that Jerry sees the light or gets lucky if not the Dark days are around the corner again.

JMHO
So true, but it won't require a "nasty hit" and it doesn't even have to be retirement. He is a hit away from going out for the year on every play which ends our season as we sit here today. Every NFL player and certainly QB could go down at any time, but Romo is just so fragile right now. His body is just unable to take the pounding that pretty much every other QB can.

We have yet to come out of FA with a playable backup. If we play the draft the same way it pretty much tells you how we run a team...I still think a post draft trade could be an option

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a big Hackenberg fan, if I were gonna take a flier on a big developmental guy, I might go all the way and pick Cardale Jones
hackenberg's mental make-up seems weak from years of being coddled....least to me
Jones late 4 early 5 seems okay to me too

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My son in law is a huge Penn St fan and he thinks Hackenberg will be very good in a year or two of NFL experience.
I on the other hand have no idea. :noidea:

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just me, but I wouldn't like this draft very much. Don't want to draft an injured player in the top 5, not when there are a number of other suitable options who may be just as good or better. Don't trust Bama RBs - Henry was abused in college being given a MONSTER workload. Hackenberg, nope. Don't rightfully know anything about the two 4th rounders.

Ideally, while trying to remain objective about where some of these guys will be available in the draft, I would look to target these guys.

1) Jalen Ramsey, Vernon Hargreaves
2) Kevin Dodd, Emmanuel Ogbah, Andrew Billings, A'shawn Robinson, Paxton Lynch (anyone of these)
3) Dac Prescott, Kenneth Dixon, Darian Thompson, Carl Nassib, Vernon Butler, Jaylon Smith(*if he falls due to injury, and the team thinks he can get back to 100% eventually)
4) BPA (with an eye towards RB and LB)

No matter what, if I am Dallas I am getting my secondary help at #4. And possibly look at secondary again in the 3rd and 4th if the right value is there. Definitely look to grab a QB in either rounds 2 or 3. I really want a pass rusher at #34, but would think long and hard about Lynch if he is there.

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Columnist Rick Gosselin recently held a chat to talk all things D-FW sports. Here are some highlights:

Question: How have the Cowboys done in the later rounds of the past few drafts in your opinion? I can't really pick out any good finds that they've snatched up. Dwayne Harris would get my vote for best pick but he's gone...

Gosselin: Past few? Try the past several drafts. This is where the Cowboys have fumbled the ball. When this franchise was competing for Super Bowls, Jimmy Johnson was finding gems in the later rounds -- a Leon Lett and a Brock Marion in the seventh, a Ron Stone in the fourth, Larry Brown in the 12th -- starter caliber players, in many cases Pro Bowl caliber players. But those contributing players from the later rounds have been absent for too long, which is why this team has been struggling. Every NFL team can have a good draft in the first three rounds of the draft, the premium rounds. Those players are by and large known commodities. But it's how well you fare in rounds four through seven that can make a good draft great.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So true, but it won't require a "nasty hit" and it doesn't even have to be retirement. He is a hit away from going out for the year on every play which ends our season as we sit here today. Every NFL player and certainly QB could go down at any time, but Romo is just so fragile right now. His body is just unable to take the pounding that pretty much every other QB can.

We have yet to come out of FA with a playable backup. If we play the draft the same way it pretty much tells you how we run a team...I still think a post draft trade could be an option
Next year's #2 for Mike Glennon? I would do that

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just me, but I wouldn't like this draft very much. Don't want to draft an injured player in the top 5, not when there are a number of other suitable options who may be just as good or better. Don't trust Bama RBs - Henry was abused in college being given a MONSTER workload. Hackenberg, nope. Don't rightfully know anything about the two 4th rounders.

Ideally, while trying to remain objective about where some of these guys will be available in the draft, I would look to target these guys.

2) Kevin Dodd, Emmanuel Ogbah, Andrew Billings, A'shawn Robinson, Paxton Lynch (anyone of these)
3) Dac Prescott, Kenneth Dixon, Darian Thompson, Carl Nassib, Vernon Butler, Jaylon Smith(*if he falls due to injury, and the team thinks he can get back to 100% eventually)

No matter what, if I am Dallas I am getting my secondary help at #4. And possibly look at secondary again in the 3rd and 4th if the right value is there. Definitely look to grab a QB in either rounds 2 or 3. I really want a pass rusher at #34, but would think long and hard about Lynch if he is there.
I'd have no problem with Hargreaves at #4. I do think all the 2nd rounders you listed will be gone in the 1at round, but who knows, maybe someone slips

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have no problem with Hargreaves at #4. I do think all the 2nd rounders you listed will be gone in the 1at round, but who knows, maybe someone slips

I said I was trying to remain objective, sheesh.

You may be right. But if those guys are gone then maybe guys like Sheldon Rankins, Reggie Ragland, Darron Lee, Jarran Reed fall? This draft has depth in the places Dallas is looking for it.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

of the 5, the only one i feel positive about is Henry.

like both options at #4 (either would be good). Ogbah with our 2nd & prescott with our 3rd sounds good

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said I was trying to remain objective, sheesh.

You may be right. But if those guys are gone then maybe guys like Sheldon Rankins, Reggie Ragland, Darron Lee, Jarran Reed fall? This draft has depth in the places Dallas is looking for it.
They may all be there, guys fall every year.. .but it always seems as though when s guy falls that would be a perfect fit, we never take them. Past round 2, we've sucked eggs. I'm not saying we should go by other teams/experts rankings, but it seems like anytime we are on the clock at pick 70-100, we take guys that no one else has listed as even draftable