• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Draft Grade:

What grade would you give the 49ers Draft?

• A+

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A-

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • B+

• B

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • B-

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • C+

• C

• C-

• D

• F

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was probably in the bottom half of draft grades which isn't good enough when you are picking that high, he should have done a better job. What I thought would happen is what happened.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I said before the draft they should have a good draft where they are picking but I didn't think they would because of Baalke, you said they would have a good draft because of where Baalke was picking. I'm afraid he let you down just a little.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great the team pastor is the one that met with Robinson not the GM or a coach.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He was probably in the bottom half of draft grades which isn't good enough when you are picking that high, he should have done a better job. What I thought would happen is what happened.

you posted like it would be HORRIBLE, as in "F". You did backpeddle with one post, but sorry, "What I thought would happen is what happened" doesn't fly now.

anyway, enough of this, i know what you wrote and what i first responded to. We both like the draft and thats good. neither are saying its great, and neither saying its bad. Now that the draft is done, the 'paper' grade doesn't matter.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Also I said before the draft they should have a good draft where they are picking but I didn't think they would because of Baalke, you said they would have a good draft because of where Baalke was picking. I'm afraid he let you down just a little.

he didn't let US down, because you gave him a 'B' grade yourself. No matter what school you attended, a B is good grade. :-)

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he didn't let US down, because you gave him a 'B' grade yourself. No matter what school you attended, a B is good grade. :-)

I expect to have a higher grade when picking early because you'll have the top pick of talent. However with Baalke I didn't expect him to get that higher grade than a B or a B-.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you posted like it would be HORRIBLE, as in "F". You did backpeddle with one post, but sorry, "What I thought would happen is what happened" doesn't fly now.

anyway, enough of this, i know what you wrote and what i first responded to. We both like the draft and thats good. neither are saying its great, and neither saying its bad. Now that the draft is done, the 'paper' grade doesn't matter.

And you thought he would have an A draft because he was picking high and he didn't so your view doesn't fly now either. My point always was that we should have a better draft than we will and that's what happened, as of right now Baalke let me down. I would have gone with a lower grade but he did get two starters.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little Side note: Buckner had the most hurries in college football this year. Something 49ers were missing last year.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little Side note: Buckner had the most hurries in college football this year. Something 49ers were missing last year.

Yeah he should help the pass rush especially with the other D-Lineman they have, they may be able to let him go after the QB more than they typically would a 3-4 DE.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He/Lynch/Armstead should give opposing lines plenty to think about.

I also think Blair and Harold will contribute significantly this season. Defense should be good and with good coaching and scheme, hopefully be a top 15 defense.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think Blair and Harold will contribute significantly this season. Defense should be good and with good coaching and scheme, hopefully be a top 15 defense.

The one issue could be corner play, they will be blitzing a lot more so the DB's might get burned a lot.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree I think D will be much improved. Just a little nervous about the LB Depth(Inside and outside). Offense will be better to just because of Chip. This team will be better then last year. I think the team gets better through out the year. Last year they got worse.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree I think D will be much improved. Just a little nervous about the LB Depth(Inside and outside). Offense will be better to just because of Chip. This team will be better then last year. I think the team gets better through out the year. Last year they got worse.

I'm very worried about the LB depth, how things change a little more than a year ago they had Bowman, Willis, Borland (Willis's replacement), Aldon Smith, Ahmad Brooks, Aaron Lynch and so on. Now they have Bowman, Brooks and Lynch it's a sad state to leave the LB corps in even if the new DC has less of a need for truly elite LB's.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very worried about the LB depth, how things change a little more than a year ago they had Bowman, Willis, Borland (Willis's replacement), Aldon Smith, Ahmad Brooks, Aaron Lynch and so on. Now they have Bowman, Brooks and Lynch it's a sad state to leave the LB corps in even if the new DC has less of a need for truly elite LB's.
and brooks is not rated as one of the worst OLB in the league. he has lost 2-3 steps. not good. We have to hope Harold can replace him this year and tank fits in his new role to help the depth out. I cant see us paying 7 mill a year for brooks(what ever he gets).

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And you thought he would have an A draft because he was picking high and he didn't so your view doesn't fly now either. My point always was that we should have a better draft than we will and that's what happened, as of right now Baalke let me down. I would have gone with a lower grade but he did get two starters.

i said he was going to have a GOOD draft, and he did. An 'A' or 'B' grade is a good draft.

you said he was going to get an 'F' no question, no doubt. But you gave him a 'B-'.

if getting two GOOD starters - at very least - is "letting you down", there is no more to be said. One is arguably the top player in the draft, the other is the Outland Trophy winner.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

thats what we need from him now, at every least disrupt the line and add pressure. the actual sack numbers should go to the edge guys.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

i won't so far as "significantly", but agree Harold will get more reps for sure. For Blair not going to get ahead of him. What i read about him is GOOD value, but we'll see against LARGE hogs?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The one issue could be corner play, they will be blitzing a lot more so the DB's might get burned a lot.

Yes, we could always use better CB play, but IMO we'll feel it more from lack of a pass rush. It'll be improved over last season, but still not to where we need it.