• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers made this a game again. Just can't let the Dubs run off a huge run in the final 1:22

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil had nothing to do with this. Average basketball team missing their 3rd best player/PG and oh yeah this was the 2nd night of a B2B.

You're seriously bragging about a win over an avg basketball team? Wow

Wiggy gonna Wiggy.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers down 13. Worth staying up for the 2nd half...for now

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy gonna Wiggy.
hey sorry not sorry. I rather enjoy watching the Cavs beat hte Knicks down in their own building and imagine Phil watching his team get gutted by the King from his suite. if you cant enjoy a 32 point win in another teams building why even watch?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey sorry not sorry. I rather enjoy watching the Cavs beat hte Knicks down in their own building and imagine Phil watching his team get gutted by the King from his suite. if you cant enjoy a 32 point win in another teams building why even watch?

Who gives a fuck what you rather enjoy? Maybe when your balls finally drop, you'll stop acting like a 12 year old when they win and disappearing when they lose.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its exactly what I expected. Cleveland doing well also. Exactly why Stephen A said KD going to GSW killed the regular season for him. There's really nothing that intrigue me about this regular season other than Russ and Harden put up crazy numbers and watching the Heat young players grow.

True the Finals look preordained but so did a Warriors win last year. Spurs can still beat them in a series perhaps.

Injuries may happen.

And finally, there's a lot of great performances happening beyond Harden and RW. Giannis, A Davis, KAT, Butler, Kawhi, Porzingis, Lillard, etc. You never know when you'll see one of those guys go off.

Again, was it no fun in the regular season in the 90s when it was always the Bulls in the Finals? Or the 80s with the Lakers and Celtics?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True the Finals look preordained but so did a Warriors win last year. Spurs can still beat them in a series perhaps.

Injuries may happen.

And finally, there's a lot of great performances happening beyond Harden and RW. Giannis, A Davis, KAT, Butler, Kawhi, Porzingis, Lillard, etc. You never know when you'll see one of those guys go off.

Again, was it no fun in the regular season in the 90s when it was always the Bulls in the Finals? Or the 80s with the Lakers and Celtics?

Actually...the 90s weren't a lot of fun. Especially the mid to late 90s. Some truly horrid ball. But yeah, I agree. There's still plenty to watch every night

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much for the Clippers being a legit contender (although it is just one game). Still, I can't see how they beat GS 4 out of 7.

The Dec 25 game GS at Cleveland will be very telling, if the Warriors handle that one it's hard to say they will not win the title (barring injury)

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although to be fair the Spurs can still beat them perhaps. So it's a 3 team race (not 4).

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much for the Clippers being a legit contender (although it is just one game). Still, I can't see how they beat GS 4 out of 7.

The Dec 25 game GS at Cleveland will be very telling, if the Warriors handle that one it's hard to say they will not win the title (barring injury)

Lmao im sorry but they could win by 50. It would tell me nothing about a possible finals rematch. There will still 50 plus games lot. Also didn't they go to Cleveland and win by 40 or 50 points last year? How did that help in June

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His only post after losing to the Bucks that night.

If you're going to be a dick on here bragging about wins over teams you're expected to beat. How about you stop with these one line post anytime the Cavs lose.

I see a trend with Wiggy. Do you guys?

When the Cavs win, we get a paragraph and several additional post. In losses, we get one post and one line. Don't hear from him until the following day lol

I made the exact same type of point after the 3 game losing streak.

#itiswhatitis
#whatwoudyoureallyexpectatthispoint

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You prob also can't wait for games like Buckeyes vs Akron in CFB.

For the Heat, with all their issues, its just another opportunity to collect more lotto balls.
nah.....i actually kinda like Akron as a team---- i feel like its almost more like Michigan under one of the bumbling idiots they have had in their lately like Rodriquez--- when they are down beat the shit out of them and laugh the whole time.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Injuries may happen.

I was probably too harsh but my point was that the finals is basically already determined unless the Spurs do something. I don't remember the last time where you basically knew both teams who would be playing in the finals since July. Yeah there's a lot of great individual talent to watch but we basically all know how the playoffs will turn out. Get me to late May or early June already

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before these two teams took the court, Lue chided the Cavs as being "offensive minded" because "it comes easy for those guys and when it comes easy we tend to get caught up in the just back and forth instead of getting stops and taking on that tough grind-it-out game.

"I mean, when you got guys like Kyrie, Bron and Kevin who can score so easy, sometimes that just (becomes), 'Oh, you scored, but we know we can score the basketball.' So now we got to get back to playing Cavaliers basketball on the defensive end."

I totally agree with Lue and the quotes above-t he Cavs were slipping into being too "offensive minded". Defense is what won it for them last year and its what will win it for them this year if they are fortunate enough to stay healthy and reach their goal again. Individually the Cavs arent a great defensive team- but as a team- they played their best defense in the playoffs last year and are a good defense when they play as a team- everyone is athletic, they can switch a lot--- they proved last year that they are a tough team to beat when they play great defense.

I am just glad Lue recognizes that and is focusing on it. These is the type of stuff that IS important during the regular season- using it to progress, get better, and get ready for the playoffs.

AND it was the 8th straight win against the Bricks- so you gotta love that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yah just like last year....lol.

to be honest- i am thankful for Golden State-

with the perception taht they have- its just another great item for LeBron's eventual post-career where he lands on the greatest of all-time resume.....if the Cavs won a couple titles against the Clips or Thunder- who would care- just gonna help him keep climbing that all time ladder...beating a 72 win team and this team....they give him a chance at the ultimate crown.

Last edited:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao im sorry but they could win by 50. It would tell me nothing about a possible finals rematch. There will still 50 plus games lot. Also didn't they go to Cleveland and win by 40 or 50 points last year? How did that help in June

I agree to a certain extent. If the Dubs/Cavs win the game by a blow out, it really doesn't mean much to me. It's how these teams adjust to one another and exploit the mismatches involved here. If one team can't ever adjust, then it carries over once they meet in June. But agree with an outcome of a game in December meaning anything down the road.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should we just give GS the title now and cancel the rest of the season. I just dont see any team even coming close to beating this team in a best of 7. I called this when they signed KD. its almost like a pointless season. This team is scary good.

Status
Not open for further replies.