• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lavar Ball sayz if Lonzo isn't the # 1 pick he will sue the NBA.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

you said LeBron would never come back to Cleveland

you said he would not sign anything more than a 1 year deal

Been over this.
Said he would never play for Gilbert. No way to predict Gilbert would lower himself to begging.

As far as the 1 year, who knew the upcoming cap jump/rules?
James did what he needed to do to keep the shortest contract making the most money.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exciting/Nervous day for Warriors fans. Today the Warriors officially update KD's status. He's been traveling with the team, seen taking shots off the dribble, full court sprints and some explosive moves. Seems to be moving well and I'm looking forward to hearing the news on him.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exciting/Nervous day for Warriors fans. Today the Warriors officially update KD's status. He's been traveling with the team, seen taking shots off the dribble, full court sprints and some explosive moves. Seems to be moving well and I'm looking forward to hearing the news on him.

As long as it's not this, it's good news.

kevin-ware.jpg

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get all pissy because I just pointed out your predictions about them in the past have been incorrect. And yes after the Cavs lost to the Warriors in the Finals you were saying he would opt out & leave. My memory is fine. Yours on the other hand is questionable.

NEVER happened.
I said as long as Gilbert didn't backtrack on his word he'd be fine for awhile.
How in the fuck could James go through all he did and leave after 1 season?
Kyrie and Love were injured in the Finals.
Its ridiculous.

I did say the Cavs Big 3 would be busted up after last year had they lost, but we'll never know.

Let's see how it goes after then are eliminated this year.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nervous about what?
He's ahead of schedule.
If Warriors win tonight (and even if they don't), they'll have 1 seed soon.
They can ease him back at any pace they want and be good for the playoff run.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEVER happened.
I said as long as Gilbert didn't backtrack on his word he'd be fine for awhile.
How in the fuck could James go through all he did and leave after 1 season?
Kyrie and Love were injured in the Finals.
Its ridiculous.

I did say the Cavs Big 3 would be busted up after last year had they lost, but we'll never know.

Let's see how it goes after then are eliminated this year.

I'm still laughing @ your # 23603 comment. "said he would never play for Gilbert again".

:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

You never said that though right?:D

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nervous about what?
He's ahead of schedule.
If Warriors win tonight (and even if they don't), they'll have 1 seed soon.
They can ease him back at any pace they want and be good for the playoff run.

Not nervous, but more anxious to hear the news. Everything is pointing in a positive direction at this point. I just hope they don't rush him and let him fully get his knee healthy. The way the Warriors were playing a few weeks ago, they were looking like an easy second round exit. As is, they could probably make their way to the Conference finals. But from there, they need KD.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to love that movie.

Never send your food back....lol

Yea, that scene is gross.

That and the movie Waiting, and the fact I worked in a meat department when I was a teen, made me always overtly respect anyone that touches my food.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still laughing @ your # 23603 comment. "said he would never play for Gilbert again".

:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

You never said that though right?:D

No.
I said that 100x.
I never anticipated Gilbert would agree to hand over daily operations to clown he scathed in his letter.
Need a reminder?

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER 'KING' WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert

Majority Owner

Cleveland Cavaliers

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER 'KING' WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

LOL

Instead he delivered to you the worst record in the NBA.:clap::clap:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Wamu

I mean, it's extremely plausible.

No doubt. He's said so much off the wall stuff that it could be true. But I do expect him to be in full blabbermouth mode leading up to the draft. I think thanks to his big mouth Lonzo could have a very rough rookie year.

Status
Not open for further replies.