• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Rockets basically are trying to out-Warriors the Warriors. Can't do it, not as talented. Warriors own them.

The Ws struggle vs teams with different styles, and good big men: Memphis, Spurs, etc.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they didn't. Last year everyone was saying he will start to decline soon. This year, he looks like the decline may have started. He's playing the worst defense of his entire career.

That's how Lakers fans knew that Kobe's decline had started. He got worse on defense. It started with him being just a half step slow and went downhill from there.

Guys like Lebron and Kobe can always find ways to score that will have them looking, more or less, like the player they always were. But when guys start beating them off the dribble or on backdoor cuts, etc. that have no business doing so, you know the decline has started.

Can Lebron pick up his defensive play and, at times, look like the same guy he's always been? Absolutely. The question is, can he sustain it for the entire playoffs? Or is he at the point that Kobe got to before the injuries started where he has to be put on the opponents best player at key moments rather than all game long?

I know they said this last year but I think the real Finals are going to be the WCF, probably Warriors Spurs. Either team will smoke Cleveland.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting Deron Williams should be really important for the Cavs. First- the Cavs cant sit Kyrie and LeBron at the same time- no one is out there to bring up the ball besides like Shumpert or Felder- and thats not flying on a the defending champs

having Williams should let the Cavs rest Kyrie and LeBron with more consistency- being able to build lineups without those 2- especially when Love comes back.

I think thats really underated

I mean--- The minute Deron Williams steps on the court, is he the best "true point guard" LeBron has ever played with? Kyrie is a new school point guard obviously, and Mo Williams made an all star team but he was more of a combo guard.

Deron Williams, still averaging 14 and 7 coming to the Cavs- probably is the best true point guard Bron has ever played with.

I cant wait to see how Williams and LeBron and Love work together- especially Williams and Love- Williams has been amazing in the pick and roll- he should help only continue to make Love more efficient.

@Mecca , @gordontrue

Deron williams.

best pure point guard LeBron has ever played with?

well shit- there are gonna be nights Kyrie or LeBron is gonna sit out- and the other guy needs to rest.

that has been such a HUGE problem for hte cavs when LeBron has sat- who else helps initiate any offense? Kyrie goes to the bench- and who is running the point? Iman Shumpert?

plus- there are points where i think Lue wants to get rest Bron and or Kyrie but cant...even Delly wasnt great at getting into the offense until the last few months in Cleveland.

Deron Williams should be able to initiate offense- especially iwth Love and Jr are on the court in the pick and roll.

plus- i think Lue can experiment with some pretty killer lineups.

wouldnt you love to see a lineup with both LeBron and Kyrie off the ball, maybe with Kyle Korver sitting in the corner and daring any one to inch away from him with Deron Williams initiating? that sounds like a lot of fun to me. Williams should already have some chemistry with Bogut....

PG- Dwill
SG- Kyrie
SF- Korver
PF- Bron
C- Bogut

id love to see that lineup and what it could do...there are just a ton of lineups that Lue can experiment with now.

my point is its going to be intersting to see LeBron play with such an experienced, savy, smart point guard that is an expert at setting guys up.

Dwill isnt ancient- hes 32...hes def. passed his prime- but he still has game left. he wasnt avergaging 14 and 7 by accident.

I just think itll be interesting to see LeBron play with an experienced, smart, former all star, olympic point guard like Williams.

We have never seen it before- at least i dont think so. Part of the only reason its possible is becuase Williams is willing to swallow his ego and accept a backup role. LeBron has never had this guy- because you have never wanted a guy to constantly be dominating the ball when you have LeBron James- he should have the ball a lot.

Its just an interesting circumstance that they were able to land this guy.

I cant wait to see LeBron playing with a guy like that. He never has before in his career.

i do. I love watching these games and seeing what Lue is doing.... its been awesome to see a guy like Kyle Korver come here and just absolutely go beserk from 3.

you rememeber when you were "ON FIRE" in NBA Jam?

Kyle Korver is 63% from 3 this month!!!! lol...those are freaking VIDEO GAME numbers..if he tried a backflip dunk from the 3 pt line a huge jet of smoke would come out his ass and we would hear the "BOOM SHAKA LAKA" come from the announcer when he slammed it.

seeing a guy like Derrick Williams- a guy thats been humbled, has been on nothing but bad teams his entire career- get signed by the Cavs and all of a sudden become a guy running around the court like a madmen finishing crazy dunks.

this is freaking fun as hell man.

So now all of the sudden they need rest?
Hows that best ever PG he's ever played with combo working out?

James has played 15 games since Feb. 16
GMAFB

Reactions: TJL

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile, as the flat world spins, the Warriors just won their 8th in a row without Durant @ Rockets.
Good fucking luck beating them 4/7 when he's back.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile, as the flat world spins, the Warriors just won their 8th in a row without Durant @ Rockets.

i know i'll hear the "you were wrong last year" bs for this, but if the 2 teams meet again somehow the Dubs are taking them out in 6, maybe even 5...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone want to take bets the Cavs don't even make it out of the East?

I'm game!

@Shaqdaddy11 what the hell. I will....

Month long avy?

Lets go for it!

Deal. After the the end of the playoffs month long ago of the winners choice.

The bet:

The Cavs have to make the Finals. If they do, I win. If they don't, you win.

@WiggyRuss This is how bets are done. No conditions, no special circumstances or considerations, just make a bet and name the payoff for the winner.

And lol @your disappearing act. Shaqdaddy's a female and has twice the balls you do. That's some shameful shit.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they said this last year but I think the real Finals are going to be the WCF, probably Warriors Spurs. Either team will smoke Cleveland.

I don't remember anyone saying that Lebron's decline had begun last year. Just that it was coming. Based on his defense this year, it looks like it may have arrived.

Agree about the WCF. I think either the Warriors or Spurs will be heavy favorites and I wouldn't be surprised if the Rockets were favored if they make it.

Heck, if the Celtics hang on the the #1 seed, I wouldn't be completely shocked if they were favored.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBATV choosing to air WSH/LAL over DEN/POR which could decide who gets the 8th seed in the West, brilliant.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And lol @Lue (and of course, Wiggy) claiming that Lebron and the Cavs are "tired." All we've heard from Wiggy is how many fewer minutes Lebron has had to play and how much less is required of him in Cleveland than in Miami.

Now he's plum tuckered out and needs his blanky and binky. The poor guy.

#gettingtheexcusetrainwarmedup

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBATV choosing to air WSH/LAL over DEN/POR which could decide who gets the 8th seed in the West, brilliant.

That's because even when the Lakers suck...They Rule!!

Bow down beches!! :dhd:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers playing well. Were down 22-11 at one point. Now leading 58-55.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And lol @Lue (and of course, Wiggy) claiming that Lebron and the Cavs are "tired." All we've heard from Wiggy is how many fewer minutes Lebron has had to play and how much less is required of him in Cleveland than in Miami.

Now he's plum tuckered out and needs his blanky and binky. The poor guy.

#gettingtheexcusetrainwarmedup

15 games played since Feb. 16

Lue/James have to say SOMETHING to try to calm the situation.
Wiggy has to repeat it.

Thats an average of 1 game played every 3 days.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So.......
Warriors adjust to live without their best player and start to kick ass.

Cavs.....not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.