• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SAN ANTONIO -- Cavs coach Tyronn Lue hinted he was considering sacrificing not only the first seed in the East playoffs, but maybe even the second and third slots in favor of resting his key players for the postseason

But Lue is basing his own plan off of something he apparently mis-remembered, citing a move by his former boss Doc Rivers to rest the Celtics' Big 3 down the stretch in 2010, only to recover and reach the Finals.

The problem is, Rivers didn't rest Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, or Ray Allen in most of those games, and barely cut their minutes. Garnett sat two of the last three games and all three missed the final game of the regular season, which is not at all out of the ordinary.

Here's what Lue said about it before Monday's game:

"I know the situation in Boston we had where we was back and forth between the first and second seed and Doc decided to rest KG, Ray and Paul the last seven games. We was the four seed and still went to the Finals. He picked health over seed and that was important to us knowing if he had a healthy team we'd be OK. I kind of feel the same way."

Again, that's not what happened. The Cavs won 66 games in 2009-10. The Celtics were not going to catch them, and were in fact 10 wins behind Cleveland before losing seven out of 10 to end the season.

Tyronn Lue may punt on Cavaliers getting first, second, third seeds in playoffs

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SAN ANTONIO -- Cavs coach Tyronn Lue hinted he was considering sacrificing not only the first seed in the East playoffs, but maybe even the second and third slots in favor of resting his key players for the postseason

But Lue is basing his own plan off of something he apparently mis-remembered, citing a move by his former boss Doc Rivers to rest the Celtics' Big 3 down the stretch in 2010, only to recover and reach the Finals.

The problem is, Rivers didn't rest Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, or Ray Allen in most of those games, and barely cut their minutes. Garnett sat two of the last three games and all three missed the final game of the regular season, which is not at all out of the ordinary.

"I know the situation in Boston we had where we was back and forth between the first and second seed and Doc decided to rest KG, Ray and Paul the last seven games. We was the four seed and still went to the Finals. He picked health over seed and that was important to us knowing if he had a healthy team we'd be OK. I kind of feel the same way."

Again, that's not what happened. The Cavs won 66 games in 2009-10. The Celtics were not going to catch them, and were in fact 10 wins behind Cleveland before losing seven out of 10 to end the season.

So they need to play better, but they're not going to play?

It's so ridiculous.

Cavs are 30TH is the league in team D in the month of March.
8-10 since the All Star break.
Worst they've looked in the entire 3 seasons.

Players added(Korver, Williams, Williams) all have 1 thing in common
TERRIBLE DEFENDERS

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they need to play better, but they're not going to play?

It's so ridiculous.

Cavs are 30TH is the league in team D in the month of March.
8-10 since the All Star break.
Worst they've looked in the entire 3 seasons.

Players added(Korver, Williams, Williams) all have 1 thing in common
TERRIBLE DEFENDERS

His comparison to that Boston team is so hilarious. Vardon made great points about why the two situations are much difference. Also that Boston team was one of the best defensive teams in basketball. Top 5 in DEF EFF, OPP PPG, & OPP 3 PT %. Top 10 in OPP FG%. The Cavs are not top 15 in any of those statistics and are out of the top 20 in all of those statistics except OPP FG% where they are rank 16th.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with LeBron

LeBron James on the Cavaliers slipping to second in the East behind the Celtics: "How much does it matter to me? It matters more that we're playing better basketball than where we're at, and if that results in us getting the number one seed, getting the number two seed, three or whatever the hell it is, I want us to be playing better basketball. That's what it comes down to. I'm not worried about anything. I feel like when we're playing Cavaliers basketball, when we're playing the type of basketball that we know we're capable of playing, when we're at full strength, we can start off on the road. We've done it before."

if anyone wants to bet me the Cavs dont come out of the East- let me know.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he kinda did, sure. It's a game, he trolls you, you troll back, etc. But there's nothing new to say until the playoffs ya know?
exactly.

my only disappointment will be is if the Cavs arent the ones to face and eliminate the Heat in the first round- if the Heat even make the playoffs.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with LeBron

LeBron James on the Cavaliers slipping to second in the East behind the Celtics: "How much does it matter to me? It matters more that we're playing better basketball than where we're at, and if that results in us getting the number one seed, getting the number two seed, three or whatever the hell it is, I want us to be playing better basketball. That's what it comes down to. I'm not worried about anything. I feel like when we're playing Cavaliers basketball, when we're playing the type of basketball that we know we're capable of playing, when we're at full strength, we can start off on the road. We've done it before."

if anyone wants to bet me the Cavs dont come out of the East- let me know.

Cavs are bigger favorites to win the East, then any team is to win the West.

So how about this, I'll bet you they don't win the East if you make the same bet that they'll win the Finals if they make it.

As far as what James said, he's probably correct, but they are playing worse.
If they rest, they how can they possibly play better.

If they fall to 3 or below, they are in for a LOOONNNGGG road to the Finals (if they make it).

You really think Lue has some new defense brewing?
#givemeafuckingbreak

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly.

my only disappointment will be is if the Cavs arent the ones to face and eliminate the Heat in the first round- if the Heat even make the playoffs.

Healthy Heat will be Cavs biggest 1st round nightmare.
Cavs might win, but they'll be in for 6-7 dog fights.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss
Tristan -26
L.A. +24
Gasol +23

Doesn't concern you??

Then for fun,
Love -19
James -13 (before tapping out)
Kyrie -26
J.R. -27

MVP Khawi +30

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly.

lmfao if LeClown comes up short of a ring you'll STILL have to eat the shit burger you made yourself...

#liedetector

Last edited:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So how about this, I'll bet you they don't win the East if you make the same bet that they'll win the Finals if they make it.

If they fall to 3 or below, they are in for a LOOONNNGGG road to the Finals (if they make it).

#givemeafuckingbreak

i'll go with this bet too...

as much shit as WiggityWack's been talking about LeClown and Kyrie World B. Flat being the greatest thing since fire this'd be the only one I'D accept...

#putuporSHUTup

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#givemeafuckingbreak
always a condition...lol.

its okay- i know pretty much anyone that knows anything about basketball wouldnt take a straight up bet about the Cavs winning the East.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like the cavs, I love Lebron, and I'm happy for Lue, but goddamn man, he's pissing me off with this rest shit. If the seedings don't matter then just sit em until the playoffs start. Enough with how tired ur big 3 is. You don't wanna rest one and have the 2 carry the load. Or rest 2 and have the 1 carry the load. Rest them and shut the fuck up. And I don't wanna hear shit from lue about why the cavs got knocked out in the 1st or 2nd rounds.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the cavs, I love Lebron, and I'm happy for Lue, but goddamn man, he's pissing me off with this rest shit. If the seedings don't matter then just sit em until the playoffs start. Enough with how tired ur big 3 is. You don't wanna rest one and have the 2 carry the load. Or rest 2 and have the 1 carry the load. Rest them and shut the fuck up. And I don't wanna hear shit from lue about why the cavs got knocked out in the 1st or 2nd rounds.

I never seen a coach make so many excuses out in the open after his team lose a game. It is an embarrassment. Like you said if your team is so damn tired then rest them for the next 2 weeks.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy Lue is hilarious lmao

It's concerning because we do have slow guys, but .. they're tired," Lue said.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

its okay- i know pretty much anyone that knows anything about basketball wouldnt take a straight up bet about the Cavs winning the East.

So let's get this straight.
You feel we should take Heat (minus Bosh) EVEN UP against the highest payroll in the league which includes IYO the BEST player, a TOP 3 LEAGUE PG, and LEAGUE TOP 15 player?

But you are scared to bet on your team against whoever wins the West?

Heat might have lost 2 Finals when our Big 3 was here, but NO Heat fan, EVER, didn't believe we would win EVERY series and were willing to bet on it.

#URworldsbiggestcunt

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anyone who talks as much shit as you (would) SHOULD bet their team against ANYONE.

Status
Not open for further replies.