• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True,
Ball can also ignore him and do as he pleases.
My opinion is James should have stayed silent and it would have already been old forgotten news.

You don't disrespect another person kids. Simple as that. Lebron had every right to say what he said.

Yeah it may have been forgotten old news to the rest of us. You think it would have been to LBJ when the guy was talking about his kids? No way in hell

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He actually trolled Shaq and Jordan too.

Ball had been talking about how his own underwhelming basketball career allowed him to “take the time to make my boys all that,” whereas the sons of NBA stars have had difficulty following in their fathers’ footsteps. Or as Ball put it last week on a podcast hosted by Chris Broussard of Fox Sports, “There’s been a lot of great players, and all of their sons are wack. … Kareem’s got sons, Jordan’s got sons, Shaq’s got sons.”

“You’ve got LeBron, it’s gonna be so hard for his kids,” Ball continued, “because going to look at them like, ‘You gotta be just like your dad.’ And after a while that pressure starts sitting on you, like, ‘Why do I gotta be like him, why can’t I just be me?’ And then they’re gonna be like, ‘Aww, you’re soft, you’re not that good.’ Because the expectation is very, very high.”

on the one hand i can see someone saying that if his kids DID follow in his footsteps there'd be some pressure to excel...

now him assuming they'd suck is a tad much...

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what exactly DID he say about his kids...?
He got Dell Curry and Kobe's dad too....lol

“The monsters in the NBA, their dads wasn’t that good,” Ball said. “They were OK, they was players, but the fact that the old [Dell] Curry wasn’t no All-Star, he wasn’t cold. He could shoot the ball, though. Kobe Bryant, his dad wasn’t all that, that’s why he’s such a monster.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on the one hand i can see someone saying that if his kids DID follow in his footsteps there'd be some pressure to excel...

now him assuming they'd suck is a tad much...

You still don't ever cross that line and speak about someone else children. He was out of line. Sorry but there is no defending him.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

“The monsters in the NBA, their dads wasn’t that good,” Ball said. “They were OK, they was players, but the fact that the old [Dell] Curry wasn’t no All-Star, he wasn’t cold. He could shoot the ball, though. Kobe Bryant, his dad wasn’t all that, that’s why he’s such a monster.
Someone's going to whoop his ass

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed the Heat game but saw Hassan needed 13 stitches. Really hope he does not miss anytime due to this. Glad we have a day off then 2 more after thursday.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically said LBJ kids can't and won't make it to the league. Way out of line

I'm certainly not making any LBJ kid predictions, but I could see it going either way.
If they inherit their dads drive and work ethic, they'll be fine.
If growing up with the giant silver spoon in their mouth negates that, they won't.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm certainly not making any LBJ kid predictions, but I could see it going either way.
If they inherit their dads drive and work ethic, they'll be fine.
If growing up with the giant silver spoon in their mouth negates that, they won't.

I mean I don't know if they'll make the league or not. I know the oldest one is likely heading to a top college from the videos I saw of him.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another shitty day for the Kings, the thought of getting 2 top 10 picks is pretty much gone.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That dope is such a douche, but he's not wrong about kids of ok players vs kids of superstars. Kind of applies to most sports.

Only examples I can think of where a really good player has a great son is Bobby/Barry Bonds, Ken Griffey (&Jr), Archie Manning & Peyton and Eli. Even then the kids are all better than the dads.

Meanwhile legends like Pete Rose and MJ and Rick Barry and so many others have kids that can play a little but don't do anything much.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still don't ever cross that line and speak about someone else children. He was out of line. Sorry but there is no defending him.
Piece of shit is still talking...

LeBron has never said that. He's always been measured when discussing his kids talent.

Naturally, Ball saw fit to respond to James’s comments, but unlike in his fiery retorts to Charles Barkley, he took a low-key approach. roblem with LeBron, they asked me a question about if I thought superstar players’ kids were good,” the 49-year-old said on Fox Sports Radio. “My opinion is I’ve never seen one that’s been really good. LeBron is going to make his kid one of the best players ever, according to him.”

“I’ve never seen one really live up to what their dad has done, so he could be the first,” Ball added. “It’s not about me having his kid’s name in my mouth, I’m not worried about his family. If somebody asks me a question, I’ll answer it the way I want to answer it.”

Reactions: TJL

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I don't know if they'll make the league or not. I know the oldest one is likely heading to a top college from the videos I saw of him.
Lol, he already started getting recruited by top colleges, LeBron told them to fuck off.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

his reasoning(if you wanna CALL it that) is a tad on the whacky side...

imo i think a lot of what he says is purely for shock value...

course his OWN son may have to bear the brunt of that when HE gets to the league...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, he already started getting recruited by top colleges, LeBron told them to fuck off.

Yeah he's pretty good. Who knows what happens in College though so not luck he makes the league

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't disrespect another person kids. Simple as that. Lebron had every right to say what he said.

Yeah it may have been forgotten old news to the rest of us. You think it would have been to LBJ when the guy was talking about his kids? No way in hell

Whatever. Sorry his feelings are hurt.
James does what he wants.
He played games making Riley fly to Vegas.
He went back to Gilbert after the 'letter'.
Disrespects fans who pay big dollars by resting.

Tough shit if he's having a bad day.

Status
Not open for further replies.