• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Top Prospects

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's more impressive is that Garcia is doing this in one of the worst hitting environment in minor league baseball, and his defense is leaps and bounds better than when he was drafted. Early in the season, when the hits weren't falling, he was still drawing walks and working ABs. Now, he's showing his promise.

He's the complete package with the bat, and he is showing the ability to stick at catcher. I'm a full-believer in this kid. He could see San Jose before the year is over, and should vault up the prospect charts. He could fetch a piece in a trade, or allow the Giants to dangle Susac :brick:
Susac would fetch a king's ransom in a trade. Not sure we can afford to trade him this year, though. He is to interwoven into the team makeup.

But in the off season or next year at the deadline, sure. Make it so!!

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Susac would fetch a king's ransom in a trade. Not sure we can afford to trade him this year, though. He is to interwoven into the team makeup.

But in the off season or next year at the deadline, sure. Make it so!!

Well, with all the young catchers coming along, move Posey to 3rd (right Mays-Fan?).

Or trade Posey for a king's ransom.

:behindsofa:

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, with all the young catchers coming along, move Posey to 3rd (right Mays-Fan?).

Or trade Posey for a king's ransom.

:behindsofa:

Hey, there's only room for one of us behind this couch. Go find your own.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keith Law likes Andrew Susac, but ranks the Giants' farm system 29th - McCovey Chronicles

Just remembering this from January 2015,

Keith Law is a buffoon. No mention of Heston, Duffy, Panik, Strick, Osich, etc.

Glad to be following the 29th best minor league system.
The thing that caught my attention...

2010 - 20th
2011 - 23rd
2012 - 26th
2013 - 26th
2014 - 25th
2015 - 29th

Since 2010, the Giants have graduated (for arguments sake, I will assume they counted Bum and Posey as graduated before doing the 2010 rankings, because no way a team with those two at the top of their lists (with Alderson and AnVil at the time) would rank #20)...

Crawford (all star)
Panik (all star)
Belt (upper-half 1B starter)
Duffy (rookie year, but batting #3 for the best offense in the NL)
Heston
Strickland
Wheeler
Otero
Susac
Culberson
Kickham

That is not counting Osich, Parker, Brown, Noonan, Hembree, or any of the other guys who got cuppos plus OR Sanchez, Peavy, Scutaro, Beltran, Pence etc who came to the org through farm-based trades.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A pox on all your houses, ya ingrates.

Hey, Stokes and I were trying to save your yiddische bruder.

Veritable Schindlers, we.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keith Law likes Andrew Susac, but ranks the Giants' farm system 29th - McCovey Chronicles

Just remembering this from January 2015,

Keith Law is a buffoon. No mention of Heston, Duffy, Panik, Strick, Osich, etc.

Glad to be following the 29th best minor league system.

No one could have predicted how Heston, Duffy, Panik would turn out like this and....Hetson and Duffy could still take a major step back in the second half, next season or they stay the same/improve. If they regress, maybe Law (and pretty much every draft guy out there) could be right, as of now they were wrong.

It's not like we were predicting/viewing Heston/Duffy/Panik as these big time contributors/All Stars either when they were prospects.

Credit to the Giants trainers/coaches for developing them but that is an aspect that for these draft writers/national guys, it's harder to predict as well, prospects are a crap shoot anyways. It's all worked out for the Giants. Credit to them and the ride has been great. Just not sure laughing at national guys makes sense when no one saw this type of production coming

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants lose Mella, but they have depth there. Last 2 first round picks were starting pitchers, still have Crick, Blackburn, Blach, Stratton, Santos etc....

Duvall was organizational depth. He was the Pill/Ishikawa/Neikro. Never had a chance. Real power though. If the Reds deal with him in LF, he could hit 30 homers.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants lose Mella, but they have depth there. Last 2 first round picks were starting pitchers, still have Crick, Blackburn, Blach, Stratton, Santos etc....

Duvall was organizational depth. He was the Pill/Ishikawa/Neikro. Never had a chance. Real power though. If the Reds deal with him in LF, he could hit 30 homers.

I was at the game in Sacramento last night, and he hit a monster HR to LF, I think it left the stadium. Of course, later in the game, so did Blackburn!

TheRedPlectrum

and you are?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the trade.

Duvall has power, but was destined for a DH role (funny, then, that he still went to a NL team).

Mella was ranked by some as our top pitching prospect, but is still a couple years away, and prospects are never a sure thing.

I think chances of re-signing Leake are high, and he won't break the bank. He can immediately become our #2 guy for the rest of the year (maybe #3, if you ask me, because I'm really high on Heston). His numbers don't jump off the page, but he's incredibly durable (only been on the DL once, started at least 20 games all 6 years of his career), and his walks and WHIP are very nice.

Objectively, a four-man playoff rotation of Bum, Leake, Heston, & Peavy sounds pretty great and better than we had last year. Realistically, there's no way they leave off Cain, unless he's injured, so it'll be a standard five-man scheme.

TheRedPlectrum

and you are?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as next year's rotation goes:

We have Bum, Cain, Heston, and Peavy locked in. As a realist, I'd like to think Lincecum, Hudson, and Vogelsong are all gone. I think all of our other minor leaguers are an additional year away. Which means we not only need a strong front-end guy, but have the money to do it. It could be Leake, but could also be someone more expensive, like Samardzija.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the trade.

Duvall has power, but was destined for a DH role (funny, then, that he still went to a NL team).

Mella was ranked by some as our top pitching prospect, but is still a couple years away, and prospects are never a sure thing.

I think chances of re-signing Leake are high, and he won't break the bank. He can immediately become our #2 guy for the rest of the year (maybe #3, if you ask me, because I'm really high on Heston). His numbers don't jump off the page, but he's incredibly durable (only been on the DL once, started at least 20 games all 6 years of his career), and his walks and WHIP are very nice.

Objectively, a four-man playoff rotation of Bum, Leake, Heston, & Peavy sounds pretty great and better than we had last year. Realistically, there's no way they leave off Cain, unless he's injured, so it'll be a standard five-man scheme.

If anything, Duvall is MORE blocked in Cincy. Unless they punt defense and place him in LF. Interesting that Cincy wanted him.

I too love this trade on paper.

Thanks for your input. You should post around here more often.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anything, Duvall is MORE blocked in Cincy. Unless they punt defense and place him in LF. Interesting that Cincy wanted him.

I too love this trade on paper.

In that band box of a ballpark, Duvall could be a holy terror, but a man without a position. He could be tried in the OF, I guess.

Leake's numbers are not great, but he will love pitching at ATT. I was very high on Hamels, as his numbers were very good, especially considering the ballpark he pitched half his games in. Still, Leake should thrive in SF.

TheRedPlectrum

and you are?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Welcome. I don't usually feel the need to post very much.

I was at Heston's game on Monday and continue to be impressed with the kid. Amazing to think with this veteran team we likely have 2 of the top 4 ROY candidates (Bryant, Heston, Pederson, & Duffy).