• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Suicide League Draft Recap by the Bandit

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yowza, Bandito.

And yeah... the Sawmill might be RB-heavy and pay for it at TE... internal discussions leaned toward 5 RBs rather than a backup TE, so that's how it went down. It was hard to pass up McKinnon in the 14th anyway, even if we only start 2 RBs. All kinds of crap happens to RBs.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall Assessment - I give the ever so slight edge to Lefty at quarterback with Brees over Newton. Cam was just so inconsistent last year and he didn't run near as often as in years past. At running back I give the advantage to Nos because as if getting Hyde and Forsett as late as he did wasn't enough, he also to Joique Bell in the 6th round. Just like the 4 that Nos got more than the 4 Lefty got, although if those four had been available to Lefty I'm sure he would have taken them also. Giving Lefty the edge at wide receiver because I like Brandon Marshall and Allen Robinson more than Torrey Smith and Kendall Wright at WR3. I also like Lefty's combination of Gates and Delanie Walker at tight end more than Witten for Nos. I give Nos the advantage at kicker because he drafted two so he won't have a bye week, but I give Lefty the advantage at defense with the Patriots over the Vikings. Overall I think Lefty takes this one 100-97.

Hindsight is almost always 20-20 and if I were to do it over, I'd probably go WR/RB in the first two rds. Should have kept in my mind we have RB hogs in this league and the WR/WR combo left me scrapping 23 picks later. My personal favorite picks were Brees (8th) and, believe it or not, Vereen (14th) since I think he plays a bigger part of the Giants offense than many expect. I was also glad to see Walker in the 11th to back up the aging Gates.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great job Bandit!!! I knew we let you stay around for a reason!!!

I mostly agree with you on your assessment of my team... I was a victim of getting players that I needed, but not wanted... TY Hilton, McFadden, Mason and Ivory, I had players I would rather have taken, but they were all taken before me, so I had to take the BEST available at the time(at least who I thought were best available)... Really for the first draft in my life I drafted the position I wanted in the round and I did not go away from it(I still drafted RB even when I did not like the options)... Might have bitten me in the ass...

I don't like that I really don't own many high potential RBs, and I just don't have any...

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Barilko and Smitty, I was kind of just copying and pasting these in and didn't double check my work, here's pick #3.

Pick #3

Barilko had the #3 pick in the A league and Smitty in the B league:

Barilko

QB – Matthew Stafford (9th), Jay Cutler (12th)
RB – Jamaal Charles (1st), Joique Bell (4th), Giovani Bernard (6th), Knile Davis (14th)
WR – T.Y. Hilton (2nd) Deandre Hopkins (3rd) Roddy White (5th) Breshad Perriman (7th) Davonte Adams (10th)
TE – Josh Hill (8th)
K – Adam Vinatieri (13th)
D/ST – Dolphins (11th)

Smitty

QB – Tony Romo (6th), Sam Bradford (12th)
RB – Eddie Lacy (1st), Frank Gore (4th), Ameer Abdullah (7th), Ryan Matthews (9th)
WR – Jordy Nelson (2nd) Jeremy Maclin (5th) Breshad Perriman (8th) Davante Parker (10th) Davante Adams (14th)
TE – Jimmy Graham (3rd)
K – Stephen Gostkowski (11th)
D/ST – Dolphins (13th)

Barilko went with 5 WR, 4 RB, and no backup tight end method and Smitty did the same. Both started with best running back available and best wide receiver available although Barilko has more confidence in T.Y. and the Indy passing game than A.J. Green who he let go by. In the 3rd round Smitty went with Jimmy Graham as the his only tight end but Barilko stuck with another WR. Barilko kept that trend going selecting 3 running backs and 4 wide receivers in his first 7 picks with Joique Bell in the 4th round and Gio Bernard in the 6th who should be back to the role he excelled in. Smitty nabbed Frank Gore who should be great in Indy and Jeremy Maclin in the 5th although going to a team that didn’t throw a touchdown to a wide receiver last year is going to hurt his value. Smitty went with Romo over Brees and Matt Ryan in the 6th round. Both went took their first chance on rookies in the 7th round with Barilko going with Breshad Perriman and Smitty going with Ameer Abdullah, then Smitty went right back to a rookie drafting Perriman in the 8th round. Barilko went with one tight end as well drafting Josh Hill in the 8th round. He waited on a quarterback like everybody in the A league (except Sam) and still got Matthew Stafford in the 9th round. Both are big on the Suh led Dolphins defense this year and both went with Davante Adams as their 5th wide receiver.

Overall Assessment – I give Smitty the advantage at QB with Romo and Bradford over Stafford and Cutler, running backs are a push both with great RB1 and really good RB2’s although I do like Bernard more than Abdullah or Matthews as a RB3. Wide receivers I have to give the edge to Barilko with 3 strong wideouts. Smitty needs Maclin to be good this year for major run first Chiefs team to justify taking him in the 5th round. Smitty has the advantage at tight end with Jimmy Graham and it’s a push in the kicker and defense department. I think Smitty wins this one in a tight matchup on a late field goal by Gostkowski 96-95.

Best Picks – Getting Sam Bradford with the 142nd pick was a steal for Smitty and Perriman with the 94th pick was great also. Gore could also be a steal even in the 4th round with that high powered Indy offense. Love Barilko getting Gio Bernard with the 70th pick and even though I’m not high on Stafford this year it’s hard to argue with the value of getting him with the 99th pick.

Not so Best Picks – Love Smitty’s first four picks, but Maclin with the 51st pick in a run first offense that threw no touchdowns to a wide receiver last year might have been stretching it a little. I’m fine with Romo over Brees and Abdullah could be good this year, but I’m not sold on what Ryan Matthews’s role is going to be with Demarco Murray and Sproles there. I also think it’s a better idea to go with a backup tight end over a 5th wide receiver, but to each his own on that. Barilko drafting Josh Hill as his only tight end might end up being a mistake as we aren’t sure what he’s going to be and it would be nice to have a fallback in case he doesn’t perform. I love his first 3 running backs, but using his 4th running back on Knile Davis essentially means he only has 3 running backs, so he will be very thin there, but as long as everybody stays healthy it won’t matter.

Overall Grades – Barilko (B) Smitty (B)

Predicted Records – Barilko (7-6) Smitty (7-6)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just one little thing I'd like to argue. I picked Ben to early according to to OP, but the OP picked a QB 5 picks later. Yeah it was the next round, but we are talking 5 picks. OK that is all.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just one little thing I'd like to argue. I picked Ben to early according to to OP, but the OP picked a QB 5 picks later. Yeah it was the next round, but we are talking 5 picks. OK that is all.
I don't know where you drafted Ben, nor who he took five picks later. ..but I think Ben has a monster season, so whenever it was, I'm with ya :)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya have to figure he was stunned by the skillset and just couldnt put it into words..
That's what I was figuring too.

Bandit, that was some impressive work. More than impressive really. Hats off to you sir for the hard work and a job well done.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely understand people being hesitant with Maclin moving to KC. But I'll admit, I think this is Alex Smiths year to shine as a game manager, with an actual #1 receiver. The no TDs to a WR is crazy, no doubt. It's hard to even believe it happened. But I don't thinkbthe streak makes it to week 2. Hahaha. Or maybe I just hope it doesn't.

Here's some of what comes into play on my positive stance on JM with the Chiefs.

Maclin was born in Missouri. He was raised in Missouri. He went to college, in Missouri. And he was drafted by Andy Reid in Philly. And now Andy Reid has brought him home. His life has to be at an all time level of awesome right now.

The other guy I was considering in the 5th...... Tony Romo. I prolly could have got Maclin in the 6th, but I wasn't sure. And there were a lot of QBs still on the board.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maclin was our next pick. Monkey sniped him. I hate picking near the ends.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome Awesome Awesome work Bandit!

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best picks – Monkey getting Russell Wilson in the 7th was a good pick and Dorial Green-Beckham could turn out to be a great pick.

Top notch write ups Bandit, of course.

Only part I disagree with you is on my RB3 and RB4.
If a college QB can post good RB stats behind JAX OL, Yeldon will easily pump out RB2 numbers in a 12 team fantasy league, imo. I just feel like Kahn/the front office is going about this the right way - that defense didn't give up 300yds of total offense to anyone after their bye week last year. Just seems like some right pieces are falling into place. Really hoping I get more of the sophomore Yeldon than the junior year guy from last season.

I actually tabbed Mason in the 10th round as my best value pick, but Wilson/DGB where they went could also be a huge win for me.
1) Fisher has what appears to be a trend going here of benching his rookie RBs until about week 6 or so. He's also publicly stated that he won't be rushing Gurley to the starting lineup just cause he's a 1st round pick.
2) I truly think Gurley starts the year out on the PUP list - - - have heard nothing locally yet that pushes my opinion the other direction, at this early stage in the game.
3) I really just needed an every down back to carry me through Bell's suspension, and to find that guy in round 10 was a steal and a half, imo.

I pretty much stuck to my plan going into the draft, regardless if my targeted player(s) were taken before me.
I wanted to mix in some young guys with breakout potential with some proven vets, and I feel like I accomplished that.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's that I see up there? A bird? A plane? ...oh, it's Ladarius Green's ADP.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

More importantly for me - Keenan Allen RZ targets are also going up for the first 4 weeks!

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was one our dynasty steals. .... hopefully he learned from the big guy - but not the drug part.