• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs - Round 4 - Hawks vs Lightning

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TVR should have some of the rust shaken off for game play to make up that fourth guy, considering we are all expecting Runblad over Cumiskey tonight, but if Oduya cant go, you gotta think Timo will be back in the series.

Tampa is the best road team in the playoffs, only .500 at home, so yeah, there is a chance, but gotta think the hawks have to get this one and go back 2-2.

The disturbing stat is 81% of game 3 winners have won the cup, lets get that going in the other direction.

Toews, Hossa and Saad were a force in game one, really would like to see Teuvo on Kanes line for more than just a few shifts if Kane and Toews are gonna remain split up.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didnt really think CBS would have any scoops. I expected Timo, dont know if Bickell is the best to scratch since the lightning are getting more physical. Bickell needs to learn to play D to be that forward that can drop down when needed. Versteeg had plenty of jump in game 1, not so much in game 2 so I wasnt surprised he was scratched again.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, tampa really brought it, glad they waited to pull the goalie. Man tampa was fast.

Dont know how all the juggling really effected the game. Almost thought the forwards were juggled like the d men have been, but Teuvo back on that fourth line? I guess Shaw deserved to go up a line, but we never saw Kane and Toews. Maybe Q is holding that off til the elimination games.

Didnt think 2-1 was such a bad spot, but when you consider the hawks gotta win 3/4 it sounds tough. Now both teams gotta win 2/3.

Still no overtimes, but there were sure some questionable decisions with the lineup.

TVR chased on their goal, but that was a sweet pass and Crow was even looking the other way.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall though, I'm concerned. The D appears to be wearing out, as evidenced by the fact that the gap from the forwards back to the D on rushes seems to be growing by the game; they appear to be compensating for tired legs.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, I dont know if they are compensating or just purposely packing it in more. It concerned me too because that is kinda how Tampa looked game 1 when they were "protecting" the lead. I guess there was some sweet stick work on Stamkos for his open looks late

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall though, I'm concerned. The D appears to be wearing out, as evidenced by the fact that the gap from the forwards back to the D on rushes seems to be growing by the game; they appear to be compensating for tired legs.

Heard on local radio that Q might lean toward dressing 7 defensemen. The way he juggles lines, its not like he needs 12 wingers. Not sure I'm worried yet (especially after a win).

Thought of AI ( @anotheridiot ) today as Waddle & Silvy were discussing Rozsival (about 1 hour 48 minutes into the show on the podcast link). They likened Rosie to girl that (on a cute scale) was a "6." But now Rosie seems much "cuter" now since we have a bunch of defensemen that are 2's.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meant to add that Kaner needs to do something. He's invisible. The other stars are creatig chances, doing the dirty work - win or lose. Kane seems to be cherry picking, and Tampa doesn't seem to be the kind of team that Kane can cherry-pick against.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard on local radio that Q might lean toward dressing 7 defensemen. The way he juggles lines, its not like he needs 12 wingers. Not sure I'm worried yet (especially after a win).

Thought of AI ( @anotheridiot ) today as Waddle & Silvy were discussing Rozsival (about 1 hour 48 minutes into the show on the podcast link). They likened Rosie to girl that (on a cute scale) was a "6." But now Rosie seems much "cuter" now since we have a bunch of defensemen that are 2's.

I always thought Rosie played too much during the regular season. He was a guy that shared time with Brookbank during the year to stay fresh for the playoffs where he would play every game. If you think he could have saved some of his hockey karma used up during the season who knows. that was a freak injury. I really dont know how he can dress 7 d men since none of these really moved up to forward at all, probably Cumiskey has the offensive skill to at least maybe win some board battles, but I have a hard time Q can even wanting to look at three of his guys sitting in front of him when it doesnt seem like he can stand looking at two of them.

We can only hope TVR gets better again, he has missed alot of hockey and its surprising he is doing this well, but it really shows how bad the others are playing.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Rotoworld, Bickell is a scratch & Versteeg is in for game 5.

They also posted this interesting stat: "Since 2008 when Joel Quenneville took over as coach of the Hawks, Chicago has a 30-30 record in games 1-3 of playoff series'. However, in games 4-7, the Hawks are an amazing 41-14."

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
awesome game, gift goal to score first. still could not find a way to get a second up on them. Every time crow left the net I was worried. Just stay home. Hawks experience definitely getting them an edge, even if its the 20 year old Teuvo forcing Bishop to freeze with time running out.

Chance to win the cup on home ice, they say first time since 1937. I guess that would be awesome, but not as awesome as a 5 goal cushion.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa has been unbelievable. Has arguably outplayed the Hawks during the series.
Versteeg showed a lot of hustle in game 5. At least when it counted.
I have unbreakable plans on Wednesday, so I really hope they win on Monday.
Sure hope the Hawks play like they did in game 7 vs the Ducks - decisively dominant.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This series is still far from over. It just seems to depend on which team gets the extra lucky bounce each game...

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa has been unbelievable. Has arguably outplayed the Hawks during the series.
Versteeg showed a lot of hustle in game 5. At least when it counted.
I have unbreakable plans on Wednesday, so I really hope they win on Monday.
Sure hope the Hawks play like they did in game 7 vs the Ducks - decisively dominant.

hope you dont have breakable plans for Monday #keepitclassyhawkfans Of course we cant control the stragglers looking for an excuse to loot.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, that's all she wrote. The Cup is back where it belongs...