• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs - Round 4 - Hawks vs Lightning

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks and Lightning split the regular season series 1-1.

Lightning lit up the Hawks in Tampa on Feb 27th 4-0. Darling took the loss.
Hawks won the shoot out to beat the Bolts in Chicago Nov 11th 3-2. Crawford got the win.

Series starts Wednesday June 3. Go Hawks.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really dont know enough about Tampa, other than they can play physical and score.

Dont know what the situation with Bickell is, first I thought he was in the dog house, but I guess he took another shift in the second and could not go. Krueger also got lit up and bent wrong at the Anaheim bench and was not on the ice much after it. His PK is necessary, but if Nordstrom gets to D up on the fourth line he is easier to replace than what Bickell could be.

Biggest worry is Versteeg is back figure skating when we need a banger to replace Bickells physical play, but with only 3 forwards over 200 pounds, its probably a better matchup if Versteeg has to play, although Boyle is a monster and their d is pretty big.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really dont know enough about Tampa, other than they can play physical and score.

I think the physical play is overrated. The Hawks have shown time and again that it doesn't matter how big or how physical the other team is. Flyers in 2010. Bruins in 2013. And now the Ducks in 2015.

And to paraphrase Edzo from late in the regular season, 'the stat on hits is exaggerated because if your team doesn't have the puck, then you're hitting.' I'd much rather be the team that has the puck instead of the hits.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the physical play is overrated. The Hawks have shown time and again that it doesn't matter how big or how physical the other team is. Flyers in 2010. Bruins in 2013. And now the Ducks in 2015.

And to paraphrase Edzo from late in the regular season, 'the stat on hits is exaggerated because if your team doesn't have the puck, then you're hitting.' I'd much rather be the team that has the puck instead of the hits.
I think what I meant is Tampa are surprisingly not big for the physical style of play.

I think the physical play finished Anaheim. As far as Enzo goes, he complained enough during the season almost calling the hawks soft for not stepping up and hitting for stretches. But he was the "talent" and other guys were the ones retaliating for him getting hit. I just want someone on this team making a point of hitting their "talent" when ours are bouncing off the glass.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Tampa, Ryan Kesler has a message for you, "No Human can withstand that many hits", I think you need to try something else.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expert picks:

Rotoworld's Ryan Dadoun = Hawks in 6
CBS' Adam Gretz = Hawks in 7
CBS' Chris Peters = Hawks in 6
ESPN's Buccigross= Tampa in 7
ESPN's Burnside = Tampa in 7
ESPN's Custance = Hawks in 6
ESPN's Goldstein = Hawks in 7
ESPN's Grant = Hawks in 6
ESPN's Kavanagh = Hawks in 6
ESPN's LeBrun = Hawks in 7
ESPN's Levy = Hawks in 6
ESPN's McDonald = Hawks in 6
ESPN's Melrose = Hawks in 6
ESPN's Powers = Hawks in 7
ESPN's Strang = Tampa in 7
TSN's Craig Button = Hawks

(ESPN sure has a lot of NHL analysts for a network that doesn't televise or even discuss the NHL.)

While I was looking up "expert" picks I stumbled across this comment on TSN by a guy called a7x:
The Hawks took out three of the strongest teams in the league...St Louis, Minnesota, and Anaheim. Tampa struggled with two teams that wouldn't even have been close to making the playoffs if they were in the much stronger western conference (Wings and Habs). I would not be surprised to see the Hawks sweep the final. At most, the Lightning slip in a win and go down in 5.

Kudos to a7x.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expert picks:

Rotoworld's Ryan Dadoun = Hawks in 6
CBS' Adam Gretz = Hawks in 7
CBS' Chris Peters = Hawks in 6
ESPN's Buccigross= Tampa in 7
ESPN's Burnside = Tampa in 7
ESPN's Custance = Hawks in 6
ESPN's Goldstein = Hawks in 7
ESPN's Grant = Hawks in 6
ESPN's Kavanagh = Hawks in 6
ESPN's LeBrun = Hawks in 7
ESPN's Levy = Hawks in 6
ESPN's McDonald = Hawks in 6
ESPN's Melrose = Hawks in 6
ESPN's Powers = Hawks in 7
ESPN's Strang = Tampa in 7
TSN's Craig Button = Hawks

(ESPN sure has a lot of NHL analysts for a network that doesn't televise or even discuss the NHL.)

While I was looking up "expert" picks I stumbled across this comment on TSN by a guy called a7x:

Kudos to a7x.
Not to nit pick a7x's post, but the Hawks beat Nashville, not St. Louis.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope all the hawk fans just wear their sweaters and dont put on any lightning apparel during the game. Everyone topless is a real hawks fan. Maybe someone will have the balls enough to body paint a sweater on.

You pay for tickets, you should be allowed to watch.

As far as the hawks side, none of the color of the shirts of the fans have lost any series yet. Its just funny that the ownership really think it makes a difference.

It would be awesome before they start the anthem for games 3 and 4, the pa announcer says, we want to welcome any tampa bay lightning fans to the united center, allow a moment for the 21,000 hawks fan to heckle them, and invite them to join in the singing of the anthem.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kudos to a7x.

Not to nit pick a7x's post, but the Hawks beat Nashville, not St. Louis.

I will nitpick a7x's analysis...
  • The Habs finished the season with more points than EVERY team in the West this year.
  • The Habs had a winning record against the West this year.
  • The Wings hit the century mark - easily in the playoffs.
  • The Wings went 19-5-4 against the West this year - best record vs. the West out of all 16 East teams.
  • The Wings went 12-0-2 against the Central Division; 2-0 vs. the Blackhawks.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW, Coach Q says TVR wont go today, but he is really close, and there is a chance he might play in this series.

Any stumble by Runblad, Cumiskey or if he is playing Timo could be huge for this team. I think the idea is, he could be the best option.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW, Coach Q says TVR wont go today, but he is really close, and there is a chance he might play in this series.

Any stumble by Runblad, Cumiskey or if he is playing Timo could be huge for this team. I think the idea is, he could be the best option.

I can't imagine throwing a rookie who hasn't played much in months into the fire in the Cup finals...

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well Versteeg had plenty of jump, tough call when he gets tripped into the net. Nice that the two guys that should have never been scratched got the goals, Teuvo on both of them.

Q said Bickell was an upper body injury, day to day, but this case, they shouldnt change the lineup after a win unless Versteeg has a concussion. I really did not understand how he was not forced to the dressing room with his head bleeding.

Tampa just thought they would hold a one goal lead after having so much jump to start the game. Ended up going as planned I think for the hawks.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine throwing a rookie who hasn't played much in months into the fire in the Cup finals...

I dont know, Runblad was pretty strong with the puck yesterday. There was one time he skated behind the net, went out one side, got cut off, but instead of forcing a pass, went back behind and tried the other side. I think he even back tracked after the change was made and got a clean pass to a fresh forward. But one mistake by either one will get them scratched. I would question if he had more faith in TVR with his speed and decision making over Timo, unless its a clinch game.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa just thought they would hold a one goal lead after having so much jump to start the game. Ended up going as planned I think for the hawks.

Yeah, that may have worked against the Rangers, but you can't do that against the Hawks. One down, although I think Tampa takes game 2.