• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2015 Stanley Cup Final - Lightning vs. Blackhawks

Who Will Win The Stanley Cup?

• Tampa Bay Lightning

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Chicago Blackhawks

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a rookie coach, he'll learn

If the coach is going to get blamed, the players should too - they took their feet off the gas pedal too, they didn't stay energized and that's on them too
I thought they looked shell shocked after the first Chicago goal. There were a couple times leading up to the second goal where they didn't seem to know what they were supposed to do. That's a good way to turn one mistake into two and cost yourself a game.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they looked shell shocked after the first Chicago goal. There were a couple times leading up to the second goal where they didn't seem to know what they were supposed to do. That's a good way to turn one mistake into two and cost yourself a game.

Yeah that was odd, it just seemed like they knew they screwed theirselves by sitting back and they couldn't stop the bleeding

Also, I'm not sure why Ben Bishop is getting a lot of heat for not "working hard" to make the stops on those two goals - I'm sure maybe he'd like to have at least one of them back but they seem a little too harsh on him tonight - on the Teuvo goal, his defenseman + Marcus Kruger had screened him which doesn't help at all

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that was odd, it just seemed like they knew they screwed theirselves by sitting back and they couldn't stop the bleeding

Also, I'm not sure why Ben Bishop is getting a lot of heat for not "working hard" to make the stops on those two goals - I'm sure maybe he'd like to have at least one of them back but they seem a little too harsh on him tonight - on the Teuvo goal, his defenseman + Marcus Kruger had screened him which doesn't help at all

Unless you are named Gretzky, it is practically impossible to turn on the "go" switch whenever you feel like it. A big part of why sitting on a lead never works. But it does seem to happen to hockey teams that wear blue and white. A lot.

I agree re Bishop and the second goal. That was a classic "I heard it but never saw it" situation. I am impressed that CHI was able to screen a goalie who is about 18 feet tall though (at least thats what you would think listening to the US announcers. Yes, I know, TB has some tall players.)

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, 5 minutes after I pass out Chicago turns the game on its head.

It's pretty sad that my #1 reasoning at this point to move out west is to be able to watch sports at a reasonable hour.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My NBC station just cut away to tell me about a storm in bum fuck Kansas. I might have to kill a weatherman before the night is over :gaah:

That happened here a few times last year. NBCSPORTS.com streams the games. No ideal, but an alternative.

Like I give a shit about a possible tornado in Toledo. Psh.

I have to wonder if Cooper got caught out by the subtle lineup mixing that Quenneville was doing. It almost looked to me like Chicago was saying "Okay, Bolts - we'll give you two periods to see what you can do". Then they (God, help me) kicked it into gear for about 12 minutes and took the game away.

Also, do Tampa fans even know why they are booing? I heard boos when Richards was rushing up ice and thought, "meh, okay". Then a few minutes later they booed Keith. Then Oduya, then Seabrook. All when breaking out of the zone and coming through center.

Maybe that's their level of understanding. "BOO, the puck has to stay down there for us to score!". Just thought it was odd.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That happened here a few times last year. NBCSPORTS.com streams the games. No ideal, but an alternative.

Like I give a shit about a possible tornado in Toledo. Psh.
Yeah I had it pulled up. The problem was that the online stream is delayed so I would just be catching up to where it left off when the TV broadcast would come back.
I have to wonder if Cooper got caught out by the subtle lineup mixing that Quenneville was doing. It almost looked to me like Chicago was saying "Okay, Bolts - we'll give you two periods to see what you can do". Then they (God, help me) kicked it into gear for about 12 minutes and took the game away.
I said after that first goal that they looked like they were just planning on winning 1-0 and didn't know how to react. I wonder if that is evidence of inexperience both on the coaching staff and with the team. One of the biggest challenges when you get this late in the playoffs is dealing with adversity and being able to keep going no matter what happens.
Also, do Tampa fans even know why they are booing? I heard boos when Richards was rushing up ice and thought, "meh, okay". Then a few minutes later they booed Keith. Then Oduya, then Seabrook. All when breaking out of the zone and coming through center.

Maybe that's their level of understanding. "BOO, the puck has to stay down there for us to score!". Just thought it was odd.
I noticed that too. I thought they confused Hossa for Richards one time but they were really booing everybody. Odd.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Booing Richards actually made zero sense to me. The guy won the Conn Smythe in helping to win your team's only championship. Then he was traded. The memory from back then is a bit hazy, but I don't remember him being a bitch about demanding a trade (like a certain other Lightning player who will remain unnamed). And he didn't jump ship for some huge UFA contract elsewhere.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^

It's tough to tell as Shaw certainly Burrows his way into that scrum...

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its pretty great that Shaw bites (maybe) Hedman in the scrum and the sportsnet crew goes into the intermission talking about that fun time that Kyprios bit someone in the AHL ... HAHAHAHAHA those were great times!!!!

but when Burrows did it he was infecting the planet with HIV :noidea:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i see the kids are calling Callahan "Yzermans Sbisa" lol

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Booing Richards actually made zero sense to me. The guy won the Conn Smythe in helping to win your team's only championship. Then he was traded. The memory from back then is a bit hazy, but I don't remember him being a bitch about demanding a trade (like a certain other Lightning player who will remain unnamed). And he didn't jump ship for some huge UFA contract elsewhere.

TOR fans get this phenomenon.

See Carter, Vincent for Exhibit A.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, some fans boo any former player regardless of circumstance, so even though I thought it was stupid I kind of figured that's why. Then they laid into others, and I came to realize they just hate breakouts.

"He's skating with the rubber thing! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

I don't remember pronounced boos for Marty St Louis either which makes booing Richards that much crazier.

St Louis is a straight up P.O.S. for what he pulled. Brad just got traded.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I heard last night that the last time a visiting team won game 1 of the SCF trailing going into the 3rd period was the Devils against Dallas in 2000.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I heard last night that the last time a visiting team won game 1 of the SCF trailing going into the 3rd period was the Devils against Dallas in 2000.
They made sure to point out about a half dozen times that Tampa was 8-0 so far in the POs this year when leading after 2. About the third time they brought it up I said to my wife that they were going to lose now.

I blame NBC.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They made sure to point out about a half dozen times that Tampa was 8-0 so far in the POs this year when leading after 2. About the third time they brought it up I said to my wife that they were going to lose now.

I blame NBC.

Did you know the Rangers have never lost a game 7 at home? Well, hadn't.