• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Recruiting Class

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert Gillespie was busy seeing what we believe have turned into Tennessee's top two running back targets here down the stretch as he saw Bryce Love on Wednesday and John Kelly on Thursday.

Love has set up a visit to Tennessee on Jan. 23, a week after he's expected to visit Stanford.
-Hubbs

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the top middle linebackers in the class, I'm sure he'll get a lot of playing time with A.J. Johnson leaving. Heck, wouldn't be surprised if he started.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“I wanted to but the way things are going now it is going to be really hard to do that,” Walker said.

This past weekend, the 4-Star DE from Langston Hughes took an unofficial visit to UGA after he took the ACT in the morning.

“It was a fun visit, they had a lot of people up there for their Gala thing which I couldn’t go to, but it was like another visit to Georgia for me.”

Walker says he understands the position he would play at Georgia and has met with UGA staff on it and did again this weekend.

“I can play defensive end at Georgia, the way they run their defense it is standing up, but he is still rushing the passer like Leonard Floyd, Lorenzo Carter and (Davin) Bellamy do.”

Tennessee is another school that is heavily in the mix for Walker and two weeks ago he was in Knoxville for an official visit.

“It was not so much different because I have been there so much, but what was different was what I got to see on how they could help in my training for broadcasting,” he said.”They have their own like ESPN type training facility for broadcasting.”

Tennessee is really trying to sell the Top247 prospect on their defensive scheme he says when they talk about his position should he chose the Vols.

“I can play defensive end there,” he said.”I mean it is important, but I want to learn other positions as well, but at the same time I want to come into college and do what I do best.”

Auburn is going through a defensive staff change over with Will Muschamp taken over this week. Walker says he made a call to their head coach last week on a question he had about their current staff.

“I have not heard from (Will) Muschamp, but I did call Coach Gus (Malzahn) and talk to him last week, “ he said.”Then they didn’t know who they were going to bring in at defensive coordinator and ask him if Rodney Garner was going to leave or not. He told me he was going to be at Auburn.”

Looks like two teams are lined up for official visits in January so far.

“I am supposed to go to Auburn on January 16th and Georgia and I haven’t decided on that date, but I know I am going there for official,” he said.”I know for a fact I am visiting Georgia just have to figure out the date.”

Walker says that right now he does not have team out front heading into 2015.

“Nobody is on top right now,” he said.”Even when I am alone I am thinking about teams and who is really being real with me. Who has my best interest?”

There will be a key factor in the end for Walker when makes the final decision he says.

“I want to come in a play and be in the rotation and not be third string somewhere,” he said.

There are a couple of people Walker talked about when asked who he would like to play with on the next level.

“I like the way Trent Thompson plays that is going to Georgia, I like Leonard Floyd at Georgia, not that I have played with him before, when I went down there I can say I can see myself playing with those guys,” he said. “ Me and Trent talk, I really know everybody at Georgia, That is the same thing at Tennessee, I mean I don’t know anybody that committed there I have played with but at the same time I like what I see out of them. “

If it goes the distant for his decision Walker says the schools would know at least a few days a head of time.

“I would tell the two coaches beforehand and just announce of the signing day,” he said.”I would like to have it down to two schools after the Army game.”

Making a decision late, Walker says he wishes he would handle the process better early on.

“When I look back on this I wish I would have taken things more serious at the beginning so I wouldn’t be having headaches everyday about it.”

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tMSnZlE.jpg

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As National Signing Day gets closer and closer it is looking more like Rocky Reid may not be playing for Tennessee next fall. The longtime Volunteer running back commit is looking at scheduling official visits to Georgia, Louisville and Georgia Tech. While none of those visits are planned yet, Georgia and Louisville look to be in good position to land an official visit. Reid's commitment status with Tennessee will depend on how well his official visits go.
-Rivals

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bussey's recruitment has been interesting as he originally committed to Nebraska in November of this year, but as his senior year went on the 5-foot-8, 198-pound running back gained a lot of notoriety for his strong season and Tennessee threw their hat in the ring for his services in late October.

As it turns out, the Vols had been a favorite of his since he was a youth and he visited Knoxville during a track meet.

After exploring several options Bussey seemed to shut down his recruitment in late November opting to stick with Nebraska but after Bo Pelini was fired Bussey decided to take a second look at Tennessee as well as Texas A&M.

Although Tennessee has been his favorite school growing up the reason Texas A&M is very much in this race as former Vol assistant coach Terry Joseph is recruiting him. Joseph and the Bussey family have been close for years and that's certainly a factor heading into the decision.

It's been hard to get a feel for this one this week as there seems to be some confidence from the Texas A&M side of things, but Bussey's announcement we believe is certainly worth watching Friday from Tennessee's standpoint.

Bussey's decision will be streamed on NOLA.com at 5:30 eastern.
-VQ