• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Offseason Summary

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
2015 NFL Mock Draft: Leonard Williams goes No. 2 to Titans - NFL - SI.com

1. Trae Waynes
2. Dorial Green-Beckham

don't know if DGB is solid value or not, but do like the CB-WR (or WR-CB) combination high up. I already read about DGB's measurable, so referring to his other areas affecting "solid value".

Getting DGB in the second would be very good value. A lot of people have talked about him going in the mid-first. I wouldn't be a fan of that at all. He's too much of a risk for that. But his physical ability makes it work the risk in the second. Don't have a strong feeling on Waynes right now, but we have done well with later-round CBs, and CBs who have gone high recently have largely disappointed. I might look at DL first if we lose Justin Smith, and if the value is there.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
San Francisco 49ers NFL Football Front Page

Unless his injuries were much worse than let on publically, not a hard decision to cut him. He is no longer that speed demon that defenses have to scheme against. Without that rare speed, he isn't well rounded enough as a receiver.

Since McDonald supposedly did well as a blocker, we won't lose much there.

Even though we don't have an obvious replacement as starting TE, the first step is addressing Davis' value.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
crabtree wants 10 mil. lol

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
crabtree wants 10 mil. lol

10 millipedes? Meh. I guess, but that's kinda steep.

10 grains milled? Okay. I'll bite.

10 millitias? No chance.

Are you posting that he wants 10 million dollars? If so, for how many years? I'd give him 10 million dollars if he could play at his prime for the next 40 years. And even then I'd say we got took.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 millipedes? Meh. I guess, but that's kinda steep.

10 grains milled? Okay. I'll bite.

10 millitias? No chance.

Are you posting that he wants 10 million dollars? If so, for how many years? I'd give him 10 million dollars if he could play at his prime for the next 40 years. And even then I'd say we got took.

Bahaa...yeaaa...he's got dreams of sugarcane Irving's dancing in his head (with rattlesnake boots and hookers).

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
San Francisco 49ers currently over expected salary cap - ESPN

Phil Dawson's cap number seems HIGH for a PK?. As good as he is, he could also become a cap casualty.

Lots of moves they can make. Brooks will be gone, J. Smith may retire. A. Smith may be given a longterm contract which would probably reduce his cap hit for this season. Dawson could be gone (I've wanted us to use one of our multitude of mid-to-late round picks on a PK for awhile now, though it doesn't seem like a position that has had clear talent lately).

We're not going to be way under, but we should be okay to make some moves. The Hawks look to be in great shape right now, but that's because they're one year behind us in signing their QB. That'll have an impact this season. They're also likely going to pay Lynch more - assuming he returns. They'll probably extend Wagner, too.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of moves they can make. Brooks will be gone, J. Smith may retire. A. Smith may be given a longterm contract which would probably reduce his cap hit for this season. Dawson could be gone (I've wanted us to use one of our multitude of mid-to-late round picks on a PK for awhile now, though it doesn't seem like a position that has had clear talent lately).

We're not going to be way under, but we should be okay to make some moves. The Hawks look to be in great shape right now, but that's because they're one year behind us in signing their QB. That'll have an impact this season. They're also likely going to pay Lynch more - assuming he returns. They'll probably extend Wagner, too.

I think the salary cap will be okay. Almost all of the younger core of players will be left intact. It is just a matter of releasing some older and underperforming players. I just don't see adding any significant free agents and the team will try and replace players from the draft

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15: R1P15
DT DANNY SHELTON
WASHINGTON
46: R2P14
WR DORIAL GREEN-BECKHAM
MISSOURI
79: R3P15
TE DEVIN FUNCHESS
MICHIGAN
123: R4P27
WR JAMISON CROWDER
DUKE
143: R5P15
RB JEREMY LANGFORD
MICHIGAN STATE
174: R6P14
CB QUANDRE DIGGS
TEXAS
221: R7P29
QB TAYLOR KELLY
ARIZONA STATE

Just killed this draft. I would love if this could happen but I dont see Funchess falling into the 3rd. I kept passing on drafting a CB cuz I found players I liked more.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anybody interested in bringing RB CK2000 Chris Johnson for backing up Gore?, Hyde, Hunter! At about 3 year deal? Who is the best CB in the draft Ifo Ekpre-Olumu should we be looking at him if he drops to 15..?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody interested in bringing RB CK2000 Chris Johnson for backing up Gore?, Hyde, Hunter! At about 3 year deal? Who is the best CB in the draft Ifo Ekpre-Olumu should we be looking at him if he drops to 15..?

No

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Since he is coming off injury he is more of a 2nd or 3rd round pick. I would be fine bring in CJ on a very small salary incentive base.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No to CJ~ This year is going to be the shotgun type of season! The whole team needs step up this year or we could be headed for trouble!! Go 49ers!!

No to CJ. Just didn't like his complaining. I don't think he fits what the 49ers are supposed to be trying to do. It would have to be a very small contract. Any FA money the team has this year will be small unless the team is planning restructuring some of the larger contracts or letting go of some pricey vets that we aren't expecting. I think there are bigger needs on the team elsewhere if there is any FA money to spend

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

rather they look ahead in lieu of bringing in a vet like CJ. granted we won't draft a RB high, but even 4th or 5th round will bring in a young guy who'll be around 4 years. He may not be starter quality (every down back), but quality depth behind Hyde.