• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Lions Schedule

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bush is going to get cut. the only way he doesn't get cut IMO is if Suh walks and they need less money than anticipated in free agency or he takes a massive paycut. Bell is a solid back but he can't be your only option. Obviously the line has to be better but Bell will need Riddick or another versitile back to share carries even if he gets the bulk. I don't think that we can count on just Bell.

As far as the OP, I think there are only 4 really good teams on our schedule next year: Packers, Broncos, Cardinals and Seahawks. Depending how this offseason goes, we should be better than everyone on our schedule with these 4 being possible exceptions. And we play them all at home except the Seahawks and of course Green Bay. At the end of the day tough schedules prepare good teams for Superbowl runs. If the Lions take care of their business, live up to potential, there's no reason to fear this schedule.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon now! You guys are acting as if I havent said to fix the oline too. I think its obvious that a good oline is key to a RBs success but I'm talking about the things that make a difference when you have a "feature" RB vs a role type, 1B type guy that probably wont even start on half of the teams in the NFL. If Bell can get 3.9, imagine what a better RB can get.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon now! You guys are acting as if I havent said to fix the oline too. I think its obvious that a good oline is key to a RBs success but I'm talking about the things that make a difference when you have a "feature" RB vs a role type, 1B type guy that probably wont even start on half of the teams in the NFL. If Bell can get 3.9, imagine what a better RB can get.

I don't think anyone here has stated that Bell is a true #1 type RB. He's been a great compliment. Bell doesn't need to be a stud to be successful. He's successful in what he's asked to do. To state he isn't good is pure shit imo. There's no basis for it.

And I'm all for an upgrade to Reggie, and the so-line. But in no way would I want Bell gone. He isnt flashy(unless he's hopping over defenders or trucking them), but players don't have to be flashy to be an important part of the team. Not everyone needs great Madden stats to have an effective role on a team.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao. We're arguing for the sake of arguing here. All fans want studs on their teams. Bell is decent enough to have some success but I'm not going to sit here and act like he's doing anything special out there. I want him in Detroit though.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have to be pretty special to gain 4+ ypc without holes. I'd go with fixing the oline being far more important than getting better runners. Obviously both would be ideal!

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao. We're arguing for the sake of arguing here.

It helps to go against the flow once in awhile during the off-season. I don't know, maybe it's a dozen people seeing the same thing and telling a different story.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess that makes Bush special too because his average was higher than Bell's. Lol

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fix the o-line and Bell averages between 4.5-5.2 ypc. He always seems to fall forward once he can get moving forward.

When he is forced to have to sidestep around the fat asses of Sims, Raiola and Garrett Reynolds as they are being driven backwards no RB is going to be able to do anything. Bell isn't meant to bounce it outside. Of course his numbers look low, look at that sack of monkey shit interior line he had to run behind.

There isn't a RB in this draft that would average any better if the line he has blocking for him isn't a ton better than what we had this year.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm....although you guys are not wrong with this, I think there's much more to be said about how a "different" or "better" RB will effect numbers and such. If you give Bell a awesome o-line and his production automatically sky-rockets, wouldn't that mean a better RB would put up even better numbers?

The reason that I don't completely agree about fixing the o-line only, is because the RB still runs at his talent level and sees the field the same. He doesn't instantly become unstoppable.

Did you guys know that both Miami and Minnesota have two of the best run blocking lines in the league, yet both struggled to run the ball? Look it up if you don't believe me. Minnesota missed AP bad. Lamar Miller was supposed to have a breakout year but didn't.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, if the offensive line was the only thing that matters, Dallas, Seattle, NO, N.E and Baltimore wouldn't even need the guys they have and just roll with whoever. Why would Dallas even think about signing Murry back?

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar Miller was supposed to have a breakout year but didn't.

Didn't Lamar Miller average 5.1 ypc? If I remember that correctly then its more a matter of not getting him the ball enough. How many times did we hand it to Bell? Multiply his carries by 5.1 and see what he would have produced at that average.

On what you basing that Minnesota has a good o-line?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Video has surfaced of what Reggie's ankles actually look like:

1298051684_model-catwalk-fail.gif

About made me put the car in the ditch.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Lamar Miller average 5.1 ypc? If I remember that correctly then its more a matter of not getting him the ball enough. How many times did we hand it to Bell? Multiply his carries by 5.1 and see what he would have produced at that average.

On what you basing that Minnesota has a good o-line?

I found it on one of the sites that have all 32 teams ranked. In run blocking, Minnesota was 13th overall.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar Miller had more yards than Bell with less carries. Now, some people will say that its definitely due to the difference in the offensive line, which might be true but is there not a possibility that Miller is the better runner?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a possibility. Its an it's what it is.

You'll get nowhere with this Yao. Ya hater.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to gauge a schedule this far out is an effort in futility.

Going into 2014 I thought the Lions schedule was brutal. The fact the Saints and Falcons were down helped and that the Bears regressed gave Detroit 3 victories more than I had planned.

I am thinking Sn Fran and San Diego are not going to be world beaters and Detroit actually plays the Chiefs in London I believe.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found it on one of the sites that have all 32 teams ranked. In run blocking, Minnesota was 13th overall.

You stated they were one of the best? Like the 13th best?

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm....although you guys are not wrong with this, I think there's much more to be said about how a "different" or "better" RB will effect numbers and such. If you give Bell a awesome o-line and his production automatically sky-rockets, wouldn't that mean a better RB would put up even better numbers?

The reason that I don't completely agree about fixing the o-line only, is because the RB still runs at his talent level and sees the field the same. He doesn't instantly become unstoppable.

Did you guys know that both Miami and Minnesota have two of the best run blocking lines in the league, yet both struggled to run the ball? Look it up if you don't believe me. Minnesota missed AP bad. Lamar Miller was supposed to have a breakout year but didn't.

I don't think anyone is arguing that we shouldn't upgrade the RB position. Hell upgrade any position you can. The point is the line is a bigger issue than the RBs. They are an issue for the rushing and passing games. It's a higher priority.