• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Lions Schedule

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know year to year things change but based on this year, that schedule looks brutal.

It wouldn't look so brutal if Stafford was in a Contract year, IMO(with the Suh X-Factor, of course).

suh.jpg

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those stats aren't correct.

Staff only attempted less that 30 passes in one game this year. And never had a Y/A in any game. (Highest was Week 1@ 10.81)

Oops, nice save... took the Passes Completed stats instead of passes attempted for 2014.

604 Pass Attempted .... 6.7 Yards per Attempt. Now, everything went down except Sacks.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops, nice save... took the Passes Completed stats instead of passes attempted for 2014.

604 Pass Attempted .... 6.7 Yards per Attempt. Now, everything went down except Sacks.

I was going to say that would not make Stafford turnovers look better per attempts...:L

Now it does...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know year to year things change but based on this year, that schedule looks brutal.

Very much agree.

I will say playing the NFC west looks brutal. At least now, I also thought playing NFC South this year was going to be brutal. Things change all the time though.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very much agree.

I will say playing the NFC west looks brutal. At least now, I also thought playing NFC South this year was going to be brutal. Things change all the time though.

Having a Top 3 Defense made a Huge difference. The days of trying to out score our own defense was really brutal.

2011 our Defense had the injury bug
2014 our Offense had the injury bug

Getting our Offense and Defense to show up in the same season and we'll go places.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Lions fan and engrained after 45 shit years to be unhappy. Duh!!

Aren't you just happy something has been reported? That was your biggest complaint. ;) :yahoo::suds:

No. Who is it being reported by? LewAAnd? There's a trustworthy source.

The second Wonder Twin has used his power once before to take the form of a silent but deadly fart when he told us last year that he expected a deal with Suh to be done on the verge of FA just like they had with CJ. Nope, didn't happen.

Now LewanDUI, taking the shape of a bottle of Jack Daniels tells us its very likely the Lions will get something done in the next few weeks. Pour me several shots of that once the ink is on the paper. Until then I'll consider the source from where it came and give him the credibility he deserves, none.

I am not getting any hopes up and optimistic this year until after I see who is back, who we add in FA, and who we draft. I am still bitter as hell about Error Ewrong when Zack Martin was sitting right there. Until the WonderDipShit Twins do something right and commendable I'll keep my expectations low so I'm not disappointed, AGAIN.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell isn't the problem, the line is. It's too early to predict wins, will wait and see draft and if suh resigns.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gvs,

Are you confident that Bell would even start for at least half of the other teams?

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
W Suh: 11-5, 12-4 if they can beat Green Bay on the road.

W/out Suh: 5-11, 6-10 if they can sweep Chicago.

Hmm. You really think the Lions would fall apart without Suh. I don't think so, but we will see what happens in September.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sure theres a plan if Suh doesn't return.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gvs,

Are you confident that Bell would even start for at least half of the other teams?

I think so. Including for the team that just won the Super Bowl.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gvs,

No. I'm just saying he isn't the problem, the oline is. Until the lions upgrade their line, there's no reason to upgrade their rb. Any RB you replace bell with will have relatively similar results behind that oline. It doesn't matter how good they are if they are getting stuffed immediately because the line can't run block. Get a good line, then upgrade your rb, or do both...but don't just upgrade the RB. Difference between bell and a talented RB is the talented RB can make moves in space. If there is no space, it doesn't matter who they have.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incorrect.

No. It's correct. If you really think bell is the reason the entire offense struggled then I don't know what to say. Do your remember the TE production? Multiple offensive linemen being used as turnstiles? Open receivers dropping balls? Conservative schemes to prevent turnovers? Stafford overthrowing receivers? Receivers not getting separation? Offensive line not creating space? Bell fumbling and being an ok RB with an awful oline? Because that last one seems to be the one that you and stop think.is.the reason the offense struggled. Only Sanders could produce behind that line and as far as I know, he won't be available.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell is not good laker. He's just not. It's nobodies fault he isn't good. He'd still be not good elsewhere.

But an improved line would be nice. For the guy that's better and starts over Bell next year.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I'm just saying he isn't the problem, the oline is. Until the lions upgrade their line, there's no reason to upgrade their rb. Any RB you replace bell with will have relatively similar results behind that oline. It doesn't matter how good they are if they are getting stuffed immediately because the line can't run block. Get a good line, then upgrade your rb, or do both...but don't just upgrade the RB. Difference between bell and a talented RB is the talented RB can make moves in space. If there is no space, it doesn't matter who they have.

Exactly. Bell isn't a top-tier RB, but he's not bad. He's made for a committee approach, sort of a 1B to someone else's 1-A. He's got fair power and good vision, and runs with exceptional balance.

If I had to give a grade, I'd say he's a "B" running back. We need an "A" RB to pair him with, imo.

As far as starting? I think there's a fair amount of teams he'd start for, but fewer and fewer teams have a "starting" RB any more, so what does that really mean.

I think the more important question to ask is "Is Bell an asset to the offense?" The answer is definitely yes. RB is a position where you can have multiple assets, so it's more a case of adding to Bell than it is upgrading him.

Like GVSU said, though, the o-line is more critical to a successful running game than a good RB is...

Last edited by a moderator: