• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Lions Schedule

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. It's correct. If you really think bell is the reason the entire offense struggled then I don't know what to say. Do your remember the TE production? Multiple offensive linemen being used as turnstiles? Open receivers dropping balls? Conservative schemes to prevent turnovers? Stafford overthrowing receivers? Receivers not getting separation? Offensive line not creating space? Bell fumbling and being an ok RB with an awful oline? Because that last one seems to be the one that you and stop think.is.the reason the offense struggled. Only Sanders could produce behind that line and as far as I know, he won't be available.

Agreed. Fumbles are apparently a death knell for RBs as far as the public opinion on this board goes. Nobody likes them, but just like every QB will throw some INTs over the course of a season, RBs will have some fumbles, it's just the way it goes. Some people will pitch a fit about it and act like I'm trying to give Bell a free pass, but I'm just dealing in reality. Those who expect zero fumbles out of a RB aren't dealing in reality.

Bell is a fine RB, but that doesn't mean we can't upgrade and still get good usage out of him. It always strikes me as pretty odd when posters go on personal crusades against perfectly good players whom they perceive to be overrated...

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nfl has its favorites....and the Lions aint one of em. If Dean Blandino can hang out in Vegas with Stephen Jones on the Cowboy whore bus....who knows what favors the schedule makers receive. Some of this shit is way to convenient.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell is room temperature leftover Applebee's.

Look in the fridge, you'll find something better.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
prefer them cold ?

mePGveKZqp0JrAQ54EtjcKw.jpg

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Bell isn't terrible but he isn't a bonafide starter, imo.

Good RBs produce with mediocre Olines all the time. A RB's vision is very important to his success, plus the ability to make quick decisions as soon as he gets the ball. Bell has good vision but lacks that initial burst. He does have great power and thatsactually the one area that makes him have some success. Bell doesnt scare anyone and teams dont have to worry much about him doing a whole lot on the ground. Thats just my opinion though.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good RBs produce with mediocre Olines all the time. A RB's vision is very important to his success, plus the ability to make quick decisions as soon as he gets the ball. Bell has good vision but lacks that initial burst. He does have great power and thatsactually the one area that makes him have some success. Bell doesnt scare anyone and teams dont have to worry much about him doing a whole lot on the ground. Thats just my opinion though.
He averaged the same amount per carry this year(behind a worse oline?) as he did last year(behind a better oline?), almost 4yds a carry(3.9).

Matt Forte, who many would put as a top 5 back in the league, averaged the same as Bell. And although he caught many more receptions than Bell, Bell did more per catch with fewer receptions.

Bell is a good solid back. We can't always have the best at every position. Bell does what he's asked, when he's asked. And he also stays out of trouble and gives back a ton to his hometown and the Detroit area. I think he's the type of player all Lions fans should enjoy having on the team.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you like Bell Micro and he is decent but I've never been that impressed with the guy. I just know the team must fix the run game and it isn't all about the oline. No team respects the Lions run game and they never will unless they change it.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He averaged the same amount per carry this year(behind a worse oline?) as he did last year(behind a better oline?), almost 4yds a carry(3.9).

Matt Forte, who many would put as a top 5 back in the league, averaged the same as Bell. And although he caught many more receptions than Bell, Bell did more per catch with fewer receptions.

Bell is a good solid back. We can't always have the best at every position. Bell does what he's asked, when he's asked. And he also stays out of trouble and gives back a ton to his hometown and the Detroit area. I think he's the type of player all Lions fans should enjoy having on the team.

I like Bell twice an much as Bush and a new Lombardi Scheme with O-Line injuries is how I'm writing it off. I believe some Lions fans will never be happy with any RB because it isn't Barry Sanders. Just sayin'

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not that Im not happy, I'm just giving my honest opinion. We cant always agree. He's average to me. I still think Bush is better even though he hasn't done much. I'd even argue that if we had a great oline, Bush would be the one to do the most.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not that Im not happy, I'm just giving my honest opinion. We cant always agree. He's average to me. I still think Bush is better even though he hasn't done much. I'd even argue that if we had a great oline, Bush would be the one to do the most.

Video has surfaced of what Reggie's ankles actually look like:

1298051684_model-catwalk-fail.gif

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like what Reggie can bring to the table, speed wise. But he's entering his 10th season(just thinking about that is insane). He's played all 16 games only twice in his career, and none of those two have been with us.

What I liked about both Bell and Bush is they complimented each other well. But at this point in his career, I'd much rather see a younger speed-type back with good hands take over Bush's role than keep Bush who more than likely won't finish a complete season.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell averaged 4 yds per carry with half of the defenders draped all over him. We only had 3 guys that could legitimately run block and 1 of them is a WR. The few times he did get decent blocking he made defenders look silly.

Bush is done. 5 years ago he might have been a little better than what Bell is now. Not any more. Occasionally he makes a big play, but he is just a change of pace back with suspect hands. Cant get him out of here fast enough for me.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thoughtful post overall, but I don't agree with the bold part at all.

I'm certainly far from an expert, but in my opinion you're grossly minimizing the importance of having a good o-line. It all starts up front, unless you have a Hall of Fame RB who can make guys miss in the backfield, power through traffic, and then hit the jets when he gets to the open field. But for the other 99% of RBs, a good o-line is crucial to their success.

I really feel that a team with an average RB and great o-line will have more success rushing the ball than a team with a great RB and average o-line will...

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How dont you agree with that TP when Bell was able to gain 3.9 per carry behind a mediocre oline?