• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 B league suicide

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't like my depth at RB/WR. Should have taken a RB or WR instead of Flacco
Mmmm QBs typically put up at least 21 points most weeks. Not having one in the lineup is like automatic losing that week. I think you made the right choice. Especially in a league with no trades, drops or adds.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmmm QBs typically put up at least 21 points most weeks. Not having one in the lineup is like automatic losing that week. I think you made the right choice. Especially in a league with no trades, drops or adds.

Yeah I guess. Just hoping I don't have a situation where I have multiple RBs/WRS hurt where I have to leave one of my injured players in the lineup

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bk, that happens in suicide, i was decimated last year
I'm worried about my Demarco Murray pick. Maybe I should pick up another RB and roll with missing a WR for one week. What do you all think?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm worried about my Demarco Murray pick. Maybe I should pick up another RB and roll with missing a WR for one week. What do you all think?

I'm usually not a proponent of handcuffing. But for the Suicide, I handcuffed both of my top RB this year just in case something happens. At least their is some comfort in knowing that someone will be carrying the ball no matter what happens.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm usually not a proponent of handcuffing. But for the Suicide, I handcuffed both of my top RB this year just in case something happens. At least their is some comfort in knowing that someone will be carrying the ball no matter what happens.
Too late for that.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bk, that happens in suicide, i was decimated last year

Trust me I know which is why I'm regretting taking Flacco. Should have trusted Peyton not to get hurt and dealt without having a QB for one week

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Theoretically you are 100% correct, but how often does the preseason handcuff become the actual handcuff?? In fact usually teams #2 RB is not the #1s handcuff because they play different roles...

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your argument seems logical, but the alternative is then to select other RB who may be used just as sparingly. And as tlance had mentioned, "when your starter goes down, you're pretty much screwed anyway."

And my previous attempts in Suicide have failed miserably. So this year's strategy was to handcuff.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your argument seems logical, but the alternative is then to select other RB who may be used just as sparingly. And as tlance had mentioned, "when your starter goes down, you're pretty much screwed anyway."

And my previous attempts in Suicide have failed miserably. So this year's strategy was to handcuff.

I feel like their is no GOOD strategy, with your bench... you just have to get lucky... Some owners will go with HIGH potential, others will go the safe route with who already has a job... Handcuffing, is no worse or better than any other strategy as long as you handcuffed with the right players...

And i disagree with Tlance about losing starters, at least for the most part, where i think it is the same argument as above... These suicides are won by the owner who HITS on the most players...

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can disagree with tlance, but all the guy does is win. I've tried doing Suicide my way. I've even tried it the way you're describing. Couldn't hurt to try something new.

Looking at the way both suicide drafts have gone, it seems to me that there are a lot of owners putting too much emphasis on rookies. It's like their swinging for the homerun instead of the player that will hit for percentages.

I guess that's what makes this hobby so much fun. We all think we're right in summer.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can disagree with tlance, but all the guy does is win. I've tried doing Suicide my way. I've even tried it the way you're describing. Couldn't hurt to try something new.

Looking at the way both suicide drafts have gone, it seems to me that there are a lot of owners putting too much emphasis on rookies. It's like their swinging for the homerun instead of the player that will hit for percentages.

I guess that's what makes this hobby so much fun. We all think we're right in summer.
Thanks for your input. I'm going to go with the WR pick rather then swinging on some rookie RB. The WR is at least a vet who should give me some points. Crossing my fingers on Murray, next year I'll try for a safer pick.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I don't trust rookies in a league like this. In a regular league it is always nice to have a few sleepers who you can drop by week 5 or trade if they don't pan out

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for your input. I'm going to go with the WR pick rather then swinging on some rookie RB. The WR is at least a vet who should give me some points. Crossing my fingers on Murray, next year I'll try for a safer pick.

Thanks. Now I know at least one of my RB targets should be there.