• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Recruiting Class

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't keep getting stomped like this or we will start losing recruits. I honestly think we will lose the Vandy game but beat Kentucky. This team is awful!

Please cancel the Oklahoma series NOW! We have to schedule a beatable team so we can get to a bowl.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't keep getting stomped like this or we will start losing recruits. I honestly think we will lose the Vandy game but beat Kentucky. This team is awful!

Please cancel the Oklahoma series NOW! We have to schedule a beatable team so we can get to a bowl.

Butch built the class to withstand that stuff. Everyone had their eyes wide open as to the lack talent on the team and how tough this season would be. Anyone who de-commits wouldn't have helped us rebuild anyway.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
andy-samberg-leave-me-alone.gif

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Malone and his visit:

John Brice
VolQuest.com

Josh Malone has been to the University of Tennessee campus enough that there are not really any tours needed.

But when Malone made his official visit to see the Vols last month, the top uncommitted player in Tennessee and one of the nation's most sought-after wide receivers was hosted by a Tennessee freshman named Joshua Dobbs.

Back then, Dobbs was down the Vols' depth chart. Now he's the rookie starting quarterback, and Malone wanted to see the Dobbs-led offense firsthand. That's why the rangy wideout with the knack for attacking the ball at its highest point made a somewhat unexpected trip back to Neyland Stadium for the Vols' game against Auburn.

"I really just wanted to see Dobbs play in person and see the offense with him so that if I do go to Tennessee, I can see who's going to be leading the offense and who's going to be throwing to me.

"I felt like Dobbs did pretty good. He did a good job moving them up and down the field. Led them to some scores early on and then it just kind of got away from them at the end. I thought offensively they showed some promise."

Malone, who said he and Dobbs "got along well" on the official visit and occasionally still communicate, also spent time with first-year Tennessee head coach Butch Jones.

"I talked to Butch and he told me how much he's going to dedicate himself to me and how much he wants to work with me and develop my skill set. He let me know he wants to keep trying to get me back up there on campus and that I'm a big part of their plan and how much he really wants to coach me."

That component, Malone said, definitely stood out.

"It means a lot; it shows they have a plan and want me to be a big part of their plan for the future," he said.

Malone will choose a school Dec. 4 and be a mid-year enrollee. He has an official visit left to Clemson and did not rule out another impromptu trip to Rock Top.

"I might just because it's close by," Malone said. "It just matters how the rest of my schedule sets up and if I have time."

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JUCO DT Owen Williams (3 star) committs as well as well as LB Jakob Johnson (2 star). Great job staff!!!

The only 2 left on the board that we will probably pick up are WR Josh Malone (4 star) and DL Charles Mosely (3 star). That will leave us with 35 recruits. We will have to grey shirt at least 3 at this point.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JUCO DT Owen Williams (3 star) committs as well as well as LB Jakob Johnson (2 star). Great job staff!!!

The only 2 left on the board that we will probably pick up are WR Josh Malone (4 star) and DL Charles Mosely (3 star). That will leave us with 35 recruits. We will have to grey shirt at least 3 at this point.

It's strange how Johnson is a 2* on Rivals but a 4* on 247...guess I'll just trust the staff.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Butch is a beast.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dobbs or Fergie will have no excuses next season. North, Pearson and Malone. Damn this is exciting. WRU continues.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dobbs or Fergie will have no excuses next season. North, Pearson and Malone. Damn this is exciting. WRU continues.

North and Malone will be eating it up all day. Pearson in the slot and Helm at TE.....impressive.

Lets close out with Mosley and Brandon Powell and call it a day. Speed + Strength = 2014 Vols....Go get em Butch!

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5* WR Malone will be choosing tomorrow between Tennessee & Clemson
Josh Malone - Yahoo! Sports

And 3* OG/DT Charles Mosley will be choosing between Tennessee & Alabama on Friday.
Charles Mosley - Yahoo! Sports

Mosley made some very pro-Vol comments in his last interview. We need this guy at DT badly! With one 1 slot open, we have to take a RB to address the lack of depth. We really will only have Lane and Hurd.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've read, we've got 1 spot left and that's for RB.