• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Playoff Fantasy League... ala Milk

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As requested:

Anyone here interested in a playoff league- I have an interesting playoff league idea I want to try out!!!

If anyone is interested can you start a thread for me??

I need 6-8 owners...

This was from the Random FF Thoughts thread from Milk:

I want to start a Playoff League- with milkspiller rules

max of 8 teams

Roster QB,RB,WR,WR,TE,Flex, FLex, Defense/ST, Kicker and 1 bench spot

the first 2 rounds of the playoffs count as the first round in this league...

top 4 teams make it to the 2nd round(conference finals of real playoffs)
top 2 teams face eachother in the Super Bowl

Its a regular snake draft for the first week of the playoffs,
after each week you can drop as many players as you want and players are added by overall points.

scoring- Rushing- 1 point per 10 yards, 1 point per 3 carries
receiving- 1 point per 10 yards, 1 pont per reception
Passing- 1 point per 25 yards, 1 point per completion,-1 point per incompletion
Kicking- 3 points per FG, 1 point per XP, -1 point for missed FG or XP
Defense/ST- as standard as possible
Miscellaneous- -2 points per interception, -2 points per fumble

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Joe, I appreciate the bump onto its own thread...

There are some slight updates...

There is only one flex

QB scoring- 1 point per 30 yards, Completion% * Pass attempts( I am trying out a new QB Statistic, want to see how it works)

The bench spot disappears after the first round of the real playoffs

It is a snake draft with 3rd round reversal

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell, I'm in.

I need at least one flag this year. ;)

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completion% * Pass attempts( I am trying out a new QB Statistic, want to see how it works)

:scratch:

Completions?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch:

Completions?

Just testing out a new scoring. One complaint about QBs is that fantasy doesn't measure garbage time and a qb could have terrible numbers and then at the end of the day have a good fantasy day. Just looking for a simple way to mrasure that. And if we are doing ppr and points per carry then why not points per completion( or at least a version of it).

But I feel like it could be a very interesting way to get points out of the QB.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we have 3 owners so far.

Chef, steelers and me.

Not sure if joe or will are in but they sure could be if they want!!!m

If anyone has questions about how the league is to be run i can answer it. This should be a different type of playoff league anyone is used to!!!

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So some version of completion % * completions? (completion % * attempts is the same as straight completions)

Or just, say, .25 per completion?

I'm actually more curious about how the rosters work. If a team has more than 9 players still "in it" after Week 1 do they have to drop guys, who are then picked up by waiver?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My keeper league has .25 points per completion and -.25 points per incompletion. Also .5 per rush (by anyone) and full point PPR. There's also bonus points for game milestones. 300 points is a good week (also IDP). I like the idea of PPC, but can't say for sure how it effects the outcome without the surrounding numbers.

I'll go in, unless someone who really wants in gets left out. So I guess I'm your fall back option.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So some version of completion % * completions? (completion % * attempts is the same as straight completions)

Or just, say, .25 per completion?

I'm actually more curious about how the rosters work. If a team has more than 9 players still "in it" after Week 1 do they have to drop guys, who are then picked up by waiver?

My bad( and I majored in Math in college)... It will be 1 point per completion, -.5 per incompletion... I think that would be the best way to do it...

As for the roster, this is where I think this format is very interesting...

the roster is QB,RB,WR,WR,TE, Flex(WR/TE/RB), K, D/ST and one Bench(bench disappears after the first week).

Because of the disappearing of the bench you must drop at least one player no matter what...

But here is the awesomeness of that one bench spot, it could be used for whatever you want, you could draft a Bye week player, or you could draft a non Bye week player and force another team to roster a 0 at that position...

For example, if I draft Andrew luck and Ben Roethlisberger, there will be one owner who does not have a QB in the first round...

Or I can draft Tom brady and use him on my bench, and stash him until he plays...

and you can always also stash players in starting positions, for an example, you can stash CJ Anderson as your flex...

This brings a whole new dimension into how to draft...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My keeper league has .25 points per completion and -.25 points per incompletion. Also .5 per rush (by anyone) and full point PPR. There's also bonus points for game milestones. 300 points is a good week (also IDP). I like the idea of PPC, but can't say for sure how it effects the outcome without the surrounding numbers.

I'll go in, unless someone who really wants in gets left out. So I guess I'm your fall back option.

I doubt that that will be a problem... for now I will just count you in...

Now we have 4 owners... This is looking good... and if Wil and Joe want in then we have 6...

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading?

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Becuz that could make a BIG difference in how you approach the draft.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Becuz that could make a BIG difference in how you approach the draft.

I can only see trades to make this more fun, so they should be allowed...

But just wondering Wil, what do you think of this format??

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly? In a short term league like this, I'm not sure how I feel about trading.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me get my mental simulator running... assuming 8 people.

Draft:
80 players will be taken, mostly out of the first 8 playoff teams. QBs will be at a premium, because they will score even higher than usual, and there is no wiggle room in the supply. (Raises the questions of defensive scoring, as that's another limited supply.) And obviously it's possible to lack a position entirely - does that make an illegal roster, or are empty slots okay?

After the first week:
Half the players will be done.
4 teams will be 1-0, 4 will be 0-1. Presumably the 0-1 teams will get first crack at the waiver, but that's only one player at a time, so not a huge advantage considering essentially everybody will have to revamp their rosters.

After the second week:
Very likely that there will be more than one 1-1 team; what are the tiebreakers?
Everybody but 3rd/4th WRs, 2nd TEs and backup QBs will be accounted for, so it will be a game of attrition. There will be lots of zeroes starting Week 3, and even more in Week 4. Those with a SB QB are probably the only ones who can win (unless both of those teams have been eliminated). The last week or two could easily be foregone conclusions before anybody takes the field.

Scoring is really important, so work that out early and let everyone know.

And sure, count me in. It will be my fantasy swan song. (Although Fantasy Swan Song sounds like something for five-year-old girls at a princess party.)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me get my mental simulator running... assuming 8 people.

Draft:
80 players will be taken, mostly out of the first 8 playoff teams. QBs will be at a premium, because they will score even higher than usual, and there is no wiggle room in the supply. (Raises the questions of defensive scoring, as that's another limited supply.) And obviously it's possible to lack a position entirely - does that make an illegal roster, or are empty slots okay?

After the first week:
Half the players will be done.
4 teams will be 1-0, 4 will be 0-1. Presumably the 0-1 teams will get first crack at the waiver, but that's only one player at a time, so not a huge advantage considering essentially everybody will have to revamp their rosters.

After the second week:
Very likely that there will be more than one 1-1 team; what are the tiebreakers?
Everybody but 3rd/4th WRs, 2nd TEs and backup QBs will be accounted for, so it will be a game of attrition. There will be lots of zeroes starting Week 3, and even more in Week 4. Those with a SB QB are probably the only ones who can win (unless both of those teams have been eliminated). The last week or two could easily be foregone conclusions before anybody takes the field.

Scoring is really important, so work that out early and let everyone know.

And sure, count me in. It will be my fantasy swan song. (Although Fantasy Swan Song sounds like something for five-year-old girls at a princess party.)

It's not H2H. It is only points. And for the conference finals there will only be 4 teams left, just like in real football. Once you are eliminated your players are dropped. So after the first week all teams should always be full with active roster.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, hell...trade or no trade...I don't care, let's do it! :yahoo:

You in too, Joe?

Last edited by a moderator: