• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 NCAA Season / 2015 NFL Draft

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
NFL to restrict evaluations of underclassmen - ESPN

:scratch: WTC???

They're trying to limit the number of underclassmen who declare for the draft? Because 37 underclassmen weren't drafted? Who gives a crap? Let 'em try to hack it as an UDFA. Or go get a real job. Or get some student loans & finish your last year of college.

Stupid.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NFL to restrict evaluations of underclassmen - ESPN

:scratch: WTC???

They're trying to limit the number of underclassmen who declare for the draft? Because 37 underclassmen weren't drafted? Who gives a crap? Let 'em try to hack it as an UDFA. Or go get a real job. Or get some student loans & finish your last year of college.

Stupid.

a tough call?

the NFL SHOULD encourage them to stay in school, even if not 100% for the scholastic part. school is better for them vice 'roaming around' in limbo. at that point they're not close to a degree and not likely to get a good job? at that point they're not quality football prospects, so won't get paid well in the CFL?

by staying in school, at least they get an OPPORTUNITY towards football preparation, and a degree. maybe they won't maximize this opportunity, but still think its better than being in 'limbo'?

maybe it should be either 1st round grade or stay in school? or go back to no underclassmen can enter the draft? keep the exceptions of course.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
the NFL SHOULD encourage them to stay in school

Why?

even if not 100% for the scholastic part. school is better for them vice 'roaming around' in limbo.

They're still allowed to go back to school and finish their BS degrees in communications or Political Science or women's studies (or pretty much anything that ends in the word "Studies"). They're just not allowed to play on the football team.

at that point they're not close to a degree and not likely to get a good job?

Why not? It's not the plane from Malaysian flight 370 they'd be looking for; it's a job. Look hard enough and you'll find one.

...Or finish their degrees. Whatever. They're grown men. It's their lives; not the NFL's problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why?

They're still allowed to go back to school and finish their BS degrees in communications or Political Science or women's studies (or pretty much anything that ends in the word "Studies"). They're just not allowed to play on the football team.

Why not? It's not the plane from Malaysian flight 370 they'd be looking for; it's a job. Look hard enough and you'll find one.

...Or finish their degrees. Whatever. They're grown men. It's their lives; not the NFL's problem.

yeah, said its a tough call because of the "its their lives" part.

you first mock them for getting lame degrees, then expect them to get good jobs? yeah, they can work at McDonalds or Walmart, but can they support themselves doing it? if they can't find a decent job, what do you think they'll turn to?

yes it isn't the NFL's problem these guys in the 'gray area', fall into limbo. but is the NFL causing the problem? if you don't allow any underclassmen in, then you don't have this problem.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
you first mock them for getting lame degrees, then expect them to get good jobs? yeah, they can work at McDonalds or Walmart, but can they support themselves doing it?

if they can't find a decent job, what do you think they'll turn to?

Don't know & don't care. Nor should the NFL. Lots of people support themselves without a college degree or even with a BS college degree. And you don't need a degree to make a decent living; there are plenty of jobs that don't require one. But like I said, they can go back to school if they want to. They can change majors. They can go into business for themselves. They can go into sales or construction or anything else they want to pursue. Like I said: they're grown men. The 37 underclassmen who declared for the NFL draft & didn't get drafted are in a MUCH more advantageous position than most 21 year old men are in this country.

I'm not saying this is a huge deal, but it just goes to show that the NFL is continuing to treat these men like they're children (like Universities do). To quote Jerry Seinfeld, "That's not good for anyone."

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Stefon Diggs - WR - Terrapins

Ohio State HC Urban Meyer believes Maryland junior OW Stefon Diggs is "one of the best players in the country."

"I'm 110 percent," Diggs said when asked about the major leg injury he suffered last year. "They say when you break your leg you get a little taller and a little faster, and I got both, I think." Diggs will be labeled as one of the nation's best playmakers. We loved his long speed, but feel Diggs was a bit straight-linish in his play style.
Source: The Baltimore Sun

Jul 29 - 12:00 PM

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Stefon Diggs - WR - Terrapins

Ohio State HC Urban Meyer believes Maryland junior OW Stefon Diggs is "one of the best players in the country."

"I'm 110 percent," Diggs said when asked about the major leg injury he suffered last year. "They say when you break your leg you get a little taller and a little faster, and I got both, I think." Diggs will be labeled as one of the nation's best playmakers. We loved his long speed, but feel Diggs was a bit straight-linish in his play style.
Source: The Baltimore Sun

Jul 29 - 12:00 PM

Can't believe Urbs didn't land him.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
No more sticky for the draft thread huh?

Looks like people are being a little more realistic about Michael Bennett & Mario Edwards (2 of my preseason "overrateds."

Sammie Coates is picking up some steam, but I'm not as sold as others are.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No more sticky for the draft thread huh?

Looks like people are being a little more realistic about Michael Bennett & Mario Edwards (2 of my preseason "overrateds."

Sammie Coates is picking up some steam, but I'm not as sold as others are.

Coates had some nice catches vs LSU. But I really want a RB in the 1st round of next years draft if Gore leaves. Gurley will be a top 10 pick but maybe Gordon will slide down or we can trade up to get him. Gordon reminds me a lot of Jamaal Charles. He doesnt catch a lot of passes out of the backfield but its something he has been working on and can get better. If Crabtree leaves and say Boldin decides to retire we are gonna need help at WR too. Also we are hurting for a solid CB. We still need to find a replacement for Justin Smith cuz he will be gone in the next 2 years.

I would say our draft needs are CB, RB, WR, DE