• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 NCAA Season / 2015 NFL Draft

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Clyde, Bingo & I have the first disagreement of the offseason w/ Stephon Diggs. He says he's the 2nd-best draft-eligible WR out there; I say he's overrated & a 2nd-round prospect.

What do you say to break the tie?

2nd best WR? No way. I've got Cooper and DGB at 1 and 2 right now. I'm also a fan of Ty Montgomery, so I don't see Diggs breaking my top 2 or even 3 at this point.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeVante Parker is kinda intriguing as well. He's a guy that I think can really gain some steam when the season starts.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Todd Gurley - RB - Bulldogs

Georgia junior RB Todd Gurley is the "best dual-threat (runner/receiver) running back in the nation," according to NFL.com.

The 6-foot-1, 232-pound junior had 53 catches for 558 yards and six touchdowns over the past two seasons despite missing time with injuries. "He can take a screen and go the distance, and he also has enough receiving ability to occasionally get down the seam and beat safeties," wrote staff writer Mike Huguenin. "He should become an even bigger part of the Bulldogs' offense this fall, and coordinator Mike Bobo should make it a priority to get Gurley at least four touches as a receiver per game." Gurley's multidimensional game has him being talked about as a candidate to become a rare first-round running back. It also makes him one of college fantasy football's most attractive assets.
Source: NFL.com

Jun 23 - 8:21 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Todd Gurley - RB - Bulldogs

Georgia junior RB Todd Gurley is the "best dual-threat (runner/receiver) running back in the nation," according to NFL.com.

The 6-foot-1, 232-pound junior had 53 catches for 558 yards and six touchdowns over the past two seasons despite missing time with injuries. "He can take a screen and go the distance, and he also has enough receiving ability to occasionally get down the seam and beat safeties," wrote staff writer Mike Huguenin. "He should become an even bigger part of the Bulldogs' offense this fall, and coordinator Mike Bobo should make it a priority to get Gurley at least four touches as a receiver per game." Gurley's multidimensional game has him being talked about as a candidate to become a rare first-round running back. It also makes him one of college fantasy football's most attractive assets.
Source: NFL.com

Jun 23 - 8:21 PM

:drool:

...With all the hype PJ Williams is getting this offseason, the forgotten man could be his teammate Ronald Darby. Darby had a sports hernia last year, but he was an all-freshman CB in 2012.

Williams has better length & is better at press coverage IMO, but Darby could be this year's Bradley Roby.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Yes but they are looking for a waiver aka loophole to get him to play this season.

So the buzz I'm hearing about future-49er DGB is that it's a long shot that he'll get to play this season. He doesn't see to have a very good case for a waiver. :D

Buy 'em low!

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the buzz I'm hearing about future-49er DGB is that it's a long shot that he'll get to play this season. He doesn't see to have a very good case for a waiver. :D

Buy 'em low!

You think he will come out next year even if he doesn't play this year? Now if he did we should draft him faster then.....well not sure of an analogy here but we should draft in with out 1st pick. Hell we should leak a story that he has been drinking with Aldon to make sure he is there with our pick and get Aldon signed for less money. Win win

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You think he will come out next year even if he doesn't play this year?

Yes I think so. Dez Bryant did. NFL rules say you have to play 3 seasons in the NFL before you can get your first non-rookie contract, and getting drafted really high hasn't been the huge pay day it was before 2011. The sooner he gets the clock rollin' on his 3 years the sooner he can get his millions.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Suddenly Bryon Jones is the 3rd ranked CB on nfldraftscout, not that I comply with their rankings, but I'm not imagining things, this guy is ELITE.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
According to Matt Miller (@nfldraftscout) Laquon Treadwell is now 6'3 230; up 15lbs from last year. Way better prospect than Donte Moncrief. Could come out next year.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
According to Matt Miller (@nfldraftscout) Laquon Treadwell is now 6'3 230; up 15lbs from last year. Way better prospect than Donte Moncrief. Could come out next year.

Treadwell isn't eligible until 2016.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
After two years playing in college he can't come out...what am I missing?

It doesn't matter how many years you play in college. It matters that you're 3 years removed from high school. Treadwell graduated from high school in 2013. That means he's not eligible for the NFL draft until 2016.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So are there any massive NT prospects out there anyone likes? Dorsey is a FA after this season (although I hope he stays), and Ian Williams is only under contract through 2015. NT could be a need in the not-so-distant future.

It was no secret I wanted the Niners to trade up for Poe in 2012. Is there anyone out there remotely similar to him? I'm not extremely enamoured of the 2015 DT class at this point.