• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 NBA Draft

cjets2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Sorry I haven't been around as much so I don't know how much this has been talked about. Looking at the Jazz I feel being healthy we might not get a top 3 pick and it wouldn't surprise me to see us around the 3-7 range. With that being said what do you think the Jazz best option is if they are drafting outside the top the and assuming (Wiggins, Parker, and Randle) are gone? Burke has looked great his last few games, but do you draft Smart or Exum and look to trade him? Maybe take a change on Aaron Gordan or the Kansas big man? Harrison twins? I fell you have 3 can't miss and many more potential all stars in this draft, but what do the Jazz do if it comes down to a 4th, 5th, 6th pick?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we were 1-14, I was going to start a thread called, "I'm calling it now" saying that if we got the worst record this year, we'd end up with the 4th pick or lower. Somehow felt we could not get that 1st overall draft pick.

But now that Trey Burke is here, I feel we won't be in the running any more. No, I'm NOT predicting playoffs, but someone WILL beat us to the best odds at the lottery. Now, we'll finish with the Xth worst record and get the Zth pick, but oh well. This does not take into account trades or other teams' picks.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that this is why the Trey injury was a blessing in disguise. It put us in a pretty deep hole. Yeah, it looks like with him back, we will win a few games.

I also think that it was also a blessing, because it took a ton of pressure off of him. Coming out of summer league and preseason, it was getting pretty deflating. But, he got to sit and watch the team look like complete crap. We would have been blaming him for the L's if he was in, just because we had decent expectations out of Favors and Hayward and Kanter. Now, we just know that that core is pretty so-so.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is anyone on here watching the college game much to give us a Jazz perspective on who to target? I know lady luck has something to do with where we draft at. Just wondering what we do if Exum and Smart are on the board when we draft? Do we pass, thinking Trey is legit? Also, we have that Neto kid too.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is anyone on here watching the college game much to give us a Jazz perspective on who to target? I know lady luck has something to do with where we draft at. Just wondering what we do if Exum and Smart are on the board when we draft? Do we pass, thinking Trey is legit? Also, we have that Neto kid too.

No, I'm not into college as much. I'll start reading profiles and watching YouTubes though after the NBA Finals.

Maybe I'll catch these players during March Madness too.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is anyone on here watching the college game much to give us a Jazz perspective on who to target? I know the NBA officials has something to do with where we draft at. Just wondering what we do if Exum and Smart are on the board when we draft? Do we pass, thinking Trey is legit? Also, we have that Neto kid too.

Fixed it for you. Just kidding... or am I? :tinfoil3:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was bad luck for Wiggins. In the first game I've seem of him, I started late, only to see his only missed free throw, a bad three point attempt, a bad pass, a no defense play, and a 15 point swing in the wrong direction. Let's hope he drops and we get to choose whether to pick him or not.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was bad luck for Wiggins. In the first game I've seem of him, I started late, only to see his only missed free throw, a bad three point attempt, a bad pass, a no defense play, and a 15 point swing in the wrong direction. Let's hope he drops and we get to choose whether to pick him or not.

LOL.

When the schedules for March Madness come out, keep highlighting games of interest, and the time/channel they will be on.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three. Walt Perrin on Marcus Smart not having worked out for the Jazz, June 5:

If we like him at [the fifth pick], and he doesn’t come in, we’ll still take him.

Marcus Smart on June 15 (tweet since deleted):

Off-season Odds and Ends | jazzfanatical

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah Jazz coach, GM on same page: take best player available :: The Salt Lake Tribune

Utah Jazz MUST Trade Up On Draft Night

Why the Jazz should trade Favors for the No. 1 pick | KSL.com - I hate the Mormon angle. Selling tickets is NOT a positive factor. Never has and NEVER will be. Winning sells, not religion, and if religion does, it's not a reason to draft a guy - not even a reason amongst better reasons. Collateral irrelevant consequences that the Jazz should not spend one second thinking about or factoring AT ALL. Not even as a "bonus." Just draft who makes your team better and convert him after he dies (a joke* but possibility).

* Not saying it would happen or is probable.