• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Los Angeles Lakers

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently YOU don't watch Kobe either, so maybe YOU should STFU.

Perhaps you missed the Shaq years, or the Finals loss when Kobe played hero ball and lost them the finals to Detroit.......

But yeah, Shaq was clearly not on his level. PLEASE. GTFOH

:10:

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently YOU don't watch Kobe either, so maybe YOU should STFU.

Perhaps you missed the Shaq years, or the Finals loss when Kobe played hero ball and lost them the finals to Detroit.......

But yeah, Shaq was clearly not on his level. PLEASE. GTFOH

You mean those Shaq years that produced 3 rings? Dude, you always make dumb statements.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean those Shaq years that produced 3 rings? Dude, you always make dumb statements.

LOL, reading comprehension fails you.

Tell us, WHAT was that post about? Rings, or Kobe playing hero ball? Always failing to grasp the point, as usual

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, reading comprehension fails you.

Tell us, WHAT was that post about? Rings, or Kobe playing hero ball? Always failing to grasp the point, as usual

The guy you replied to was showing kobe knows how to defer then you bring up shaq years like it was a failure. The 3 rings working with Shaq shows Kobe know wh hero ballen and not to play hero ball. Use your brain for once.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2004, the Lakers don't win the division if Kobe doesn't play "hero ball" and hits a buzzer beater in the last game of the regular season.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats another thing, people think "hero ball" is always a negative thing.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy you replied to was showing kobe knows how to defer then you bring up shaq years like it was a failure. The 3 rings working with Shaq shows Kobe know wh hero ballen and not to play hero ball. Use your brain for once.

Did you WATCH the Shaq years?

There was no deferring to Shaq. Shaq dominated for 3 quarters, then Kobe started taking ALL the shots. That was routine, and I'm pretty sure I can pull up game stats to prove my point. Shaq dominated the boards and bailed Kobe out more often than not.

Like I originally said.......maybe most of you didn't actually WATCH those games, but some of us did.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you WATCH the Shaq years?

There was no deferring to Shaq. Shaq dominated for 3 quarters, then Kobe started taking ALL the shots. That was routine, and I'm pretty sure I can pull up game stats to prove my point. Shaq dominated the boards and bailed Kobe out more often than not.

Like I originally said.......maybe most of you didn't actually WATCH those games, but some of us did.

I watched Shaq say Kobe was the best player in the league during the playoffs of their 2nd straight championship, the year where Kobe and Shaq started butting heads but they went 15-1 anyway. This has been argued to death bigd, if you aren't convinced Kobe was a huge part of those championships by now then you never will be lol.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have equal or greater ability, Kobe has no problem deferring to you. I think its safe to say none of you idiots in here watched the Olympics? You know, when Kobe focused on shutting down the best shooter on each team while guys like lebron did the scoring. I think it worked well and they all praised him. You don't know what Kobe would do with a player like LJ because it hasn't happened before. You guys state your raggedy ass opinions like they're golden and if we don't view them as facts, we are ignorant homers!? STFU

Youre just making shit up now. Kobe Bryant in 2012 was 6th on team USA in minutes.. and 4th in shots attempted. That's really not deferring. He also had the second lowest FG% on the team. he also finished tied for 7th in assist per game with Carmelo, and just behind andre iguodala.

But dont let the facts get in the way of your fantasy. Also, Lebron averaged about 7 1/2 minutes more per game than Kobe.. But lebron only finished with 3 more shot attempts for the whole olympics than Kobe. So there's that. But again, it's your fantasy.. have it anyway you want.

2012 United States men's Olympic basketball team - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Shaq say Kobe was the best player in the league during the playoffs of their 2nd straight championship, the year where Kobe and Shaq started butting heads but they went 15-1 anyway. This has been argued to death bigd, if you aren't convinced Kobe was a huge part of those championships by now then you never will be lol.

He was clearly a part of those titles......but that doesn't mean he DIDN'T routinely play hero ball and hog all the shot attempts in the 4th quarter of every game.

He has the two lowest FG% numbers for finals in NBA history, directly because all he did was shoot, shoot, and shoot some more.

I'm stating facts here.......Kobe didn't defer to anyone, at any time. He did what he wanted, and his teammates adjusted to him.

I'm just tired of Kobe fans that live in this fantasy world that he can do no wrong, or that he doesn't play nice with quality teammates.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Youre just making shit up now. Kobe Bryant in 2012 was 6th on team USA in minutes.. and 4th in shots attempted. That's really not deferring. He also had the second lowest FG% on the team. he also finished tied for 7th in assist per game with Carmelo, and just behind andre iguodala.

But dont let the facts get in the way of your fantasy. Also, Lebron averaged about 7 1/2 minutes more per game than Kobe.. But lebron only finished with 3 more shot attempts for the whole olympics than Kobe. So there's that. But again, it's your fantasy.. have it anyway you want.

2012 United States men's Olympic basketball team - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh boy Flauge, sman's going to have a bitch fit now. As soon as he removes Kobe's penis from his oral cesspool.

RedRum

You Cant Handle the Truth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch out Lakers fans if it happens.

Turnip and Punchline will be fans of yours ;)

images

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was clearly a part of those titles......but that doesn't mean he DIDN'T routinely play hero ball and hog all the shot attempts in the 4th quarter of every game.

He has the two lowest FG% numbers for finals in NBA history, directly because all he did was shoot, shoot, and shoot some more.

I'm stating facts here.......Kobe didn't defer to anyone, at any time. He did what he wanted, and his teammates adjusted to him.

I'm just tired of Kobe fans that live in this fantasy world that he can do no wrong, or that he doesn't play nice with quality teammates.

It's true, Phil Jackson called him "uncoachable" after that year. They also reconciled and came back for 3 more Finals appearances together.

I thought USC made a good point about Kobe deferring to someone who was better. Dwight didn't seem to be able to match a fraction of Kobe's intensity. Wouldn't have been a problem with CP3 on the team though, that guy is every bit as intense as Kobe.

During their third championship run, Bryant averaged 26.8 points, 51.4% shooting, 5.8 rebounds, 5.3 assists per game, which included scoring a quarter of the teams points. He dominated those playoffs. Kobe might have let all the success get to his head, he was the youngest ever to win 3 championships and he was "Heir Jordan" before LeBron ever came along. It can be easily argued he's a different teammate now, Jamison alluded to that "trust" that he might not have had as a younger player. I don't remember any complaints from Phil his last time around. He did have to learn the hard way though.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh boy Flauge, sman's going to have a bitch fit now. As soon as he removes Kobe's penis from his oral cesspool.

the worse part about Kobe are his fans. i think the guy is great. 1st ballot hall of famer. but he has been to selfish at times in his career. he does force things. he won two titles as batman.. 3 as robin. he's amazing. people think it's a knock on the guy if you say he has one flaw.. i have never quite seen this with any player. kobe is not as good as jordan was. it's almost cult like the following for this guy.

i love DWade. My favorite player of all time. but his game has holes in it. his 3 point shot is non existant. there are times when he turns the ball over to much, and he needs to learn to quit trying to talk his way into calls with officials and get back on defense. i dont get insanely defensive when people bring this stuff up.. with Kobe, if you say he has a flaw, it's like walking into a mosque eating bacon.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question though, could we have beaten Detroit if Kobe was a perfect team player that year? That was that Detroit team's (which saw a couple ECFs) best year together. You add the Finals upset, r*pe case, Shaq slacking off and laughing, all together and it's hard to blame Kobe for blowing his top.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question though, could we have beaten Detroit if Kobe was a perfect team player that year? That was that Detroit team's (which saw a couple ECFs) best year together. You add the Finals upset, r*pe case, Shaq slacking off and laughing, all together and it's hard to blame Kobe for blowing his top.

yes.. you could have beaten detroit. and easily. Shaq was murdering ben wallace dow low. killing him. pull the stats. Kobe wouldnt pass the ball in. Had Kobe allowed Shaq to work ben he would be a 6 time champion.

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the worse part about Kobe are his fans. i think the guy is great. 1st ballot hall of famer. but he has been to selfish at times in his career. he does force things. he won two titles as batman.. 3 as robin. he's amazing. people think it's a knock on the guy if you say he has one flaw.. i have never quite seen this with any player. kobe is not as good as jordan was. it's almost cult like the following for this guy.

i love DWade. My favorite player of all time. but his game has holes in it. his 3 point shot is non existant. there are times when he turns the ball over to much, and he needs to learn to quit trying to talk his way into calls with officials and get back on defense. i dont get insanely defensive when people bring this stuff up.. with Kobe, if you say he has a flaw, it's like walking into a mosque eating bacon.

It must be frustrating for Heat fans when Wade and Lebron stay on the floor complaining for a foul, not getting back on D while the other team gets an easy fast break bucket. Hell if it wasn't for Lebrons and Ray Allens late game heroics, the complaining would have lost game 6 for the Heat.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It must be frustrating for Heat fans when Wade and Lebron stay on the floor complaining for a foul, not getting back on D while the other team gets an easy fast break bucket. Hell if it wasn't for Lebrons and Ray Allens late game heroics, the complaining would have lost game 6 for the Heat.

I get beyond pissed at them for that. I dont really care in the regular season.. because for elite teams the regular season doesnt mean a ton. but in the playoffs.. i hate it. i will just leave it at that. throw your hands up.. scream something.. but do it while running back on D. when they are sitting on the floor or walking back screaming at the official, i want to throw my remote through the tv.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, Kobe has flaws. Every player does. I think it's fair to say that Kobe haters really take their hate to irrational extremes. I've never seen haters attempt to marginalize a player's career and accomplishments as much as they do Kobe's.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes.. you could have beaten detroit. and easily. Shaq was murdering ben wallace dow low. killing him. pull the stats. Kobe wouldnt pass the ball in. Had Kobe allowed Shaq to work ben he would be a 6 time champion.

Shaq got around the same amount of shots as he did in the 2002 Finals. Kobe just wasn't as efficient. The Heat were given the chemistry excuse for their first year together. We added 2 hall-of-famers trying to piggy back their way to a ring, then they added to the problems when Karl Malone hits on Kobe's wife. That's blatant disrespect. At least he didn't sleep with Kobe's mom though :lol: