• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Draft picks.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Frankly, Im not 100% sold on most of their picks.

Barr has only been playing linebacker 2 years. From NFL scouting reports: Weaknesses
Developing instincts -- late to locate the ball and too easily fooled by play-action and misdirection. Motor runs hot and cold -- does not always apply himself. Can be locked down too easily when engaged -- unrefined hand use. Lacks variety of pass-rush moves and relies too much on natural speed. Average eyes, anticipation and awareness in coverage — marginal feel. Average base strength -- moved off the ball too easily by tight ends (plays tall). Needs more time in the weight room -- 15 bench-press reps were tied for the fewest among linebackers at the combine.

Bridgewater, I dont know that he can take the hits hes gonna get in the NFL.

That DE in the 3rd I didnt understand that pick. Yeah, I know Zim wants to rotate the D line, but a corner, safety, or OG would have been a better move there.

I like that RB, other than he doesnt have a lot of college experience catching balls.

The late rounders are late rounders. Never know what you are going to get there.

I guess this draft comes down to faith. And I DO have faith in Zimmer and Turner, so we will see what they can do with these kids...

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on getting Teddy.
Really thought you'd grab him @ 8 ( or where ever you're first pick was ).
Even posted it on the Bears board.
I still think he's the most ready for the NFL QB in this draft.
Just think he's a scam artist.
Well before the draft , he took out a $5 mil. insurance policy. Stating that if he falls out of the top 10 , because of health issues.
A lot players take this measure. But no one has collected on it till this day.
Then I see this.
Teddy Bridgewater says heart issue diagnosed at combine - NFL.com
Just wondering if he'll be the first to collect?
He didn't help his chances of going higher in his pro day. Working w/ out gloves he always wore. Big ? there.
Fuck I hope he wins it. I hate insurance COs.
Here's to having 4 good QBs in the NORTH. :suds:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Congrats on getting Teddy.
Really thought you'd grab him @ 8 ( or where ever you're first pick was ).
Even posted it on the Bears board.
I still think he's the most ready for the NFL QB in this draft.
Just think he's a scam artist.
Well before the draft , he took out a $5 mil. insurance policy. Stating that if he falls out of the top 10 , because of health issues.
A lot players take this measure. But no one has collected on it till this day.
Then I see this.
Teddy Bridgewater says heart issue diagnosed at combine - NFL.com
Just wondering if he'll be the first to collect?
He didn't help his chances of going higher in his pro day. Working w/ out gloves he always wore. Big ? there.
Fuck I hope he wins it. I hate insurance COs.
Here's to having 4 good QBs in the NORTH. :suds:

4? Who are they?

Stafford? Ummmm, no.

Cutler? Ummmm, no.

Radgers? The Leagues love boy? Wonder how he would do without the refs giving him the calls all the time...

Maybe 3 HIGHLY PAID QBs in the North. But "good"? Not really. The Vikings didnt get swept last year by any team in the division. And that was with the WORST defense in the league last year...

Just sayin...

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I would take all of those Qb's, if Bridgewater turns out like any of them, it'll be a successful pick imo.

Barr might be a project, but most guys had him up there with Mack as a top LB.
I like the Vikes draft, think they did very well....

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4? Who are they?

Stafford? Ummmm, no.

Cutler? Ummmm, no.

Radgers? The Leagues love boy? Wonder how he would do without the refs giving him the calls all the time...
You're a tough critic.
Maybe 3 HIGHLY PAID QBs in the North. But "good"? Not really. The Vikings didnt get swept last year by any team in the division. And that was with the WORST defense in the league last year...

Just sayin...

Dallas had the worst D, and my Bears were a close 2nd.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take all of those Qb's, if Bridgewater turns out like any of them, it'll be a successful pick imo.

Barr might be a project, but most guys had him up there with Mack as a top LB.
I like the Vikes draft, think they did very well....

Love Teddy's game . He was brought up in an advanced style of the West Coast @ Louiville, and thrived.
I believe Norv runs the West coast as well .
Hell he would've been a great pick @ 8. Just think you guys stole him @ 32.:suds:

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Dallas had the worst D, and my Bears were a close 2nd.

I'd say the Vikes have a pretty good argument for the worst defense last season.
32nd in points allowed per game
31st in passing yards allowed per game
31st in total yards allowed per game

It's a crying shame to see two teams known for their tough, Norse Division defense finish bottom of the league.
Here's to turning things around in 2014...:suds:

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say the Vikes have a pretty good argument for the worst defense last season.
32nd in points allowed per game
31st in passing yards allowed per game
31st in total yards allowed per game

It's a crying shame to see two teams known for their tough, Norse Division defense finish bottom of the league.
Here's to turning things around in 2014...:suds:

Amen.:suds:
Didn't realize your D was that bad.:doh:

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Amen.:suds:
Didn't realize your D was that bad.:doh:

Yeah, it's funny. When your teams defense plays like shit, you just assume they were the worst of the bunch...lol
Unfortunately for Vikes fans...we were right.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sad thing is, 2 of the 3 worst Viking defenses in their history occurred in the last 3 years...

And with Leslie being a defensive coach? In-excusable. I was a big fan of him. I saw where he was trying to go with this team. Just didnt have the stones to kick some coordinators asses. One of many that have tried head coaching, and are better off as coordinators.

Zimmer will be a GREAT head coach.

azred

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad thing is, 2 of the 3 worst Viking defenses in their history occurred in the last 3 years...

And with Leslie being a defensive coach? In-excusable. I was a big fan of him. I saw where he was trying to go with this team. Just didnt have the stones to kick some coordinators asses. One of many that have tried head coaching, and are better off as coordinators.

Hope your right on Zimmer. I think Turner, like Leslie is better off as a coordinator. Our Q/B position can't get any worse, and that' where Turners supposed strength is at, as a Q/B guru.
Just want this team to be able compete, from the kickoff, to the finale whistle.
Want to see a Q/B that can help the defense, by moving the ball and giving them some rest and not having them playing on a short field, most of the time.

GO Vikes!!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hope your right on Zimmer. I think Turner, like Leslie is better off as a coordinator. Our Q/B position can't get any worse, and that' where Turners supposed strength is at, as a Q/B guru.
Just want this team to be able compete, from the kickoff, to the finale whistle.
Want to see a Q/B that can help the defense, by moving the ball and giving them some rest and not having them playing on a short field, most of the time.

GO Vikes!!!!

Funny you should say that. Musgrave is actually one of the best QB coaches in the league. The difference between him and Turner is that Turner gets involved where as Muskrat didnt.

Zimmer reminds me a lot of Ronald Reagan. Charismatic, decisive, and smart enough to put quality people in positions to give you expertise in areas where you are not an expert. I was a member of "The Old Guard" 3rd U.S. Infantry Regiment (The Old Guard) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia for 6 years under Reagan and had great respect for him.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1

Completely agree...
And I completely agree about Zimmer as well. I think he has what it takes to keep his coaches fired up..

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fired up, or fired. I dont think Zim would hesitate to put someone out on the street. Like he did with Chris Cook after he tweeted about his and Zimmers meeting. Got cut so fast he didnt know what hit him.