• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Cowboys offseason thread

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course this worried me ever since training camp started. I have come to the conclusion that they are just being careful. If you watch JG and listen to his words, he will mention feedback from his players. This tells me its Romo saying he is sore or something, which is probably natural. If he was still hurt, I really dont think DRS would clear him. I think they really are just being careful. The other day his wife and kids showed up at practice. There are many pics of him carrying his son around- 30-40 pounds?? I know that doesnt sound like a lot but if I had that much money invested in a player - I would definitely have him under lock and key if something was still wrong. The true test will be when he gets hit. I have watched his facial expressions a lot so far- during his throws and what not. I havent seen him wince yet. Now when he did the interview with Irvin and Eisen, he did kind of grit his teeth when he got out of the chair. Yes- I watched closely. / Im still worried but we know he isnt scared of that needle and will do whatever it takes to play. Supposedly he has plenty of velocity and distance with his throws.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Romo were to play in PS game 1 how much would he play? A series maybe 2? To me I like the idea of getting Weeden and Hanie more snaps. If Romo doesn't play game 2 I'll start to worry.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Romo were to play in PS game 1 how much would he play? A series maybe 2? To me I like the idea of getting Weeden and Hanie more snaps. If Romo doesn't play game 2 I'll start to worry.

IMO, Him not playing isn't the problem. Him not being able to play after offseason back surgery is. Like I said, until he stops skipping practices, games, etc. I'll be very concerned about his ability to be ready for the start of the season. Hopefully it's nothing, but there seems to be a whole lot of double talk going on.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, Him not playing isn't the problem. Him not being able to play after offseason back surgery is. Like I said, until he stops skipping practices, games, etc. I'll be very concerned about his ability to be ready for the start of the season. Hopefully it's nothing, but there seems to be a whole lot of double talk going on.

there's been a lot of double talk going on for a while. Jerry, the coaches and the training staff are the only ones that really know the truth. Media keeps asking and wondering what's the deal but it's been the same lip service.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did a lot today. Threw on the run, threw a duck. In 2 minute drills he led the team to 2 touchdowns, but also had one of his picks that makes you wanna break something

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did a lot today. Threw on the run, threw a duck. In 2 minute drills he led the team to 2 touchdowns, but also had one of his picks that makes you wanna break something

Yeah, I was very happy with what I saw from Romo today. Looked like he moved OK. Big question is still if he can take a hit or not, but was good to see him looking good.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that about Washington. That Baldwin guy was a first rounder I think they got from the Chiefs. I hope he can stick. Somebody asked Broaddus about him - Broaddus said that he just had a rough time out there. Hopefully he will relax. The guy can play. I saw him about 5 times last yr torching SEC defenses. He is extremely raw I imagine and just needs coaching and a chance. He was the first guy I thought of when they talked about all of the Arena League and World league scouts there today

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought he had much of a chance to make the 53, but he seemed like a perfect guy for the practice squad. Oh well. The guy I like for the 6th WR spot (I think right or wrong the top 5 are almost in stone) is Boyd. Very interested to see him.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boyd actually caught that same type of screen pass that Street caught. It went for a big gain as well. He has made some big / tough catches so far. I think he will definitely make the PS.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry made a pretty nice return on his $150 million investment. Jerry wasn't a Billionaire when he bought the Cowboys. He may be a shit GM, but the guy can make a buck

it would be interesting to know how much he makes off non-Cowboys related events. They've held some big concerts there, an NBA All-Star game, Final Four, upcoming BCS Championship Game. Those are huge!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would be interesting to know how much he makes off non-Cowboys related events. They've held some big concerts there, an NBA All-Star game, Final Four, upcoming BCS Championship Game. Those are huge!

Dude is a straight genius. To bad he has an ego as big as his stadium. If he had stuck with Jimmy and Bill types his entire 25 years, the Cowboys might have more rings than fingers

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerrah and Snyder both know how to make a dime out of a nickel. Makes sense that they admire each other...which still seems sooooo wrong to me, Ha!

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerrah and Snyder both know how to make a dime out of a nickel. Makes sense that they admire each other...which still seems sooooo wrong to me, Ha!

Cali did you hear about the prank Snyders daughter played on Stephen Jones back in 08 ?

Jones spent the week at Snydrs house in Aspen and left his phone behind. Snyders daughter downloaded HTTR as his ring tone and the phone was returned to Stephen. The minute he got it back it was ringing with that horrible song :). Lot of good natured stuff between the 2 familys.

And I will leave you with this 1 true story.

Snyder and Jerry Jones were vacationing near St. Thomas one summer on the boat of Miami's Wayne Huizenga. Snyder and Jones, along with Houston's Bob McNair, had someone run them over to the island so they could get something to drink. Once there, the three men realized they didn't have any money.

"Jerry went to get the drinks," Snyder said. "He said, 'I'll try to sell the guy.' He is the master salesman."

Jones got the beer by convincing the man he would return to the boat and come back with the money. And what does this have to do with the Cowboys-Redskins rivalry?

"Well, I couldn't trust the other two, but I'm a Cowboys fan," the bartender told Jones. "I can trust you."

Score one for the Jones family in this rivalry.

It's almost enough to make up for the cellphone stunt.

:suds:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^. Awesome, :pound: hadn't heard either of these stories...:suds::10:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of these owners ended up with the good luck of timing. Be rich enough to buy a franchise for any price whatsoever over the last number of years and for the most part you made a fortune on paper no matter what you did or didn't do.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry made a pretty nice return on his $150 million investment. Jerry wasn't a Billionaire when he bought the Cowboys. He may be a shit GM, but the guy can make a buck
This is great for Jerry but not so great for Cowboys fans.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those two are getting richer but their fan base is getting more frustrated.