• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Cowboys Draft Thread

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JC Copeland in the 4th or 5th would instantly be murrays best friend

Also the Cowboys are sending Wade Wilson to Georgia to watch Aaron Murray Pro workout

Per 103.3 fitzsimmons and frito

Interesting stuff cant wait for the draft to get here

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can we actually put Carpenter on Jerry?
Wasnt this BP's pick? You know when he was suppose to be allowed to buy his own groceries.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
found an injured player, so I imagine we will draft him.

Clemson T/G Brandon Thomas underwent surgery to repair his torn ACL on Wednesday.

Thomas was a potential first-round sleeper before going down in a pre-draft workout for the Saints earlier this month. Now, he's not expected to be taken before the third round. Thomas will open the season on the PUP list and could be back for the stretch run. It's possible he'll "redshirt" as a rookie on I.R.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
found an injured player, so I imagine we will draft him.

Clemson T/G Brandon Thomas underwent surgery to repair his torn ACL on Wednesday.

Thomas was a potential first-round sleeper before going down in a pre-draft workout for the Saints earlier this month. Now, he's not expected to be taken before the third round. Thomas will open the season on the PUP list and could be back for the stretch run. It's possible he'll "redshirt" as a rookie on I.R.

Could be a nice late rd pick to stash away to replace Free in 2015

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be a nice late rd pick to stash away to replace Free in 2015

I would be cool with a late round pick, but not a 3rd like this suggests.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it the more I think a stud RT would really seal up your OLine for the next DECADE. I know you have some other holes (as we all do) but you could really put together a top OLine unit for many many years taking a tackle this year. Im sure DeMarco and Romo would be happy with that. Kick your RT in to RG and upgrade two positions.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it the more I think a stud RT would really seal up your OLine for the next DECADE. I know you have some other holes (as we all do) but you could really put together a top OLine unit for many many years taking a tackle this year. Im sure DeMarco and Romo would be happy with that. Kick your RT in to RG and upgrade two positions.

I agree if it falls, but I hope they don't push it. Plus, I think this is Free's last year so unless they really like Parnell or Weems we should have our eyes open for a OT at some point.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Donald is gone I got Shazier,Martin,Barr, and Lewan on my short list in the 1st round. I think Shazier would be a stud in this defense.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can we actually put Carpenter on Jerry?
Wasnt this BP's pick? You know when he was suppose to be allowed to buy his own groceries.

If I give him credit for Lee, Dez and T Smith because he gave final approval to the move, shouldn't I give him blame for Carpenter? I can see Dez because of the splash facotr, but you think Jerry hand picked Lee?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Donald is gone I got Shazier,Martin,Barr, and Lewan on my short list in the 1st round. I think Shazier would be a stud in this defense.

I just don't see anyway Shazier is either the BPA or the player that helps this team the most. Obviously, I am skeptical of Carter being the player many here seemed to think he would be last year after how completely clueless and horrible he looked last year, but he is still pretty young. I am very high on Holloman's potential and I think we have a couple of depth guys. It's possible that we play this season with 3 very good and very young LBs. If the best player is a LB, then so be it but I hope Shazier is not the pick. If he is I wouldn't trounce the move. I think he could be a player at this level, I'm just not convinced enough to think he'll be better than some of the other guys we'd have a shot at. I would still prefer Mosely if we go LB (ignoring 3-4 OLB types like Barr). If the usual suspects (Donald, Dix, etc) are all gone, I like Crichton and Lawrence in addition to the other popular guys like Ealy, Jernigan, etc. The other guy I'm not sure about is Martin. I like the idea of bringing him in if he is valued by the scouts as a top 10 type player...I just don't think he is...So on him too, I would be OK with the pick, but I struggle to see how he is the best player for us.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I give him credit for Lee, Dez and T Smith because he gave final approval to the move, shouldn't I give him blame for Carpenter? I can see Dez because of the splash facotr, but you think Jerry hand picked Lee?

I honestly didn't know who Lee was before we drafted him. but since it is about how dumb or smart JJ is in the draft. I would put the blame on BP for Carpenter. Unless JJ was pushing for him. As far as credit, if the credit goes to BP for those moves then give BP credit for them. It was in his agreement he got to buy his own groceries. Only way I would blame or give credit to Jerry is if he brought it to BP's attention or pushed for a player BP didn't want.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"if he brought it to BP's attention or pushed for a player BP didn't want"

Hello Terrell Owens
pushed wild bill outta town and accountability has been a struggle for this team ever since
but....least the players are happy