• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 College Football Coaching Changes

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Grobe brought Wake Forest to a bcs bowl, that's almost as incredible as winning 10 games ay Duke

Wake Forest is a tough place to win

Lembo from Ball State is the early name, he is really good at developing players

First domino fell with Usc hiring Sarkisian

Washington could pry Mora away from Ucla

How wild would that be?

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
finally got this thing updated, I'll be able to keep up a little better over the holiday season

right now it's all about Texas

NFL might poach someone too

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
got more updates

Jeff Monken of Georgia Southern went to Army, great hire for them, Monken's good at running the triple option, beat the Florida Gators, and had his offense running wild on Alabama's 2010 team, full of defensive players now in the NFL

Georgia Southern is moving up to FBS next year so they're included in this, will be huge to see who they hire, will they stick with the triple option entering FBS also? They ran it well so they probably will

so far I haven't heard much of anything from Texas so they're definitely waiting for someone

NFL will begin to make things interesting with coaches getting fired there

already looks like the NFL might poach one, Bill O'Brien is apparently interviewing with the Texans

really unfortunate for Penn State that a solid job came along, the Texas have a very good team, I honestly think their season fell apart because of horrible playcalling.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
got more updates

Jeff Monken of Georgia Southern went to Army, great hire for them, Monken's good at running the triple option, beat the Florida Gators, and had his offense running wild on Alabama's 2010 team, full of defensive players now in the NFL

Georgia Southern is moving up to FBS next year so they're included in this, will be huge to see who they hire, will they stick with the triple option entering FBS also? They ran it well so they probably will

so far I haven't heard much of anything from Texas so they're definitely waiting for someone

NFL will begin to make things interesting with coaches getting fired there

already looks like the NFL might poach one, Bill O'Brien is apparently interviewing with the Texans

really unfortunate for Penn State that a solid job came along, the Texas have a very good team, I honestly think their season fell apart because of horrible playcalling.

Bill O'Brien coaching the Texans? That would be awesome to see :omg:

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill O'Brien coaching the Texans? That would be awesome to see :omg:

indeed sir, the Texans would find themselves back in the playoff race again, turnarounds in the NFL aren't difficult to do, especially right now the field is pretty even.

Penn State has a nice QB and program of course, but the coach that takes over has to deal with no bowl again

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
indeed sir, the Texans would find themselves back in the playoff race again, turnarounds in the NFL aren't difficult to do, especially right now the field is pretty even.

Penn State has a nice QB and program of course, but the coach that takes over has to deal with no bowl again

Yeah if he left for the NFL then I think Penn St would have tough time getting through the sanctions. He's a great coach and would be a huge loss for Penn St.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to start grading these hires

then once it seems like they're over I'll rank them

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First Grade: Steve Sarkisian - USC

My Grade: B

My Opinion: Steve Sarkisian is a good coach to build a program up, he did a quick turnaround with Washington bringing them from 0-12 to making bowl games, he couldn't really get Washington far above mediocrity though, so that's a concern with USC, he'll probably make them better but will he win the championships that USC expects?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah if he left for the NFL then I think Penn St would have tough time getting through the sanctions. He's a great coach and would be a huge loss for Penn St.

:agree: Huge loss if he does leave Happy Valley, I wont be shocked if he turned the NFL down at this time...

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It will make recovering really difficult for Penn State, this is how the sanctions hurt them though, if it weren't for the sanctions I'm not sure if O'Brien would leave.

He's very good at developing QBs, there's obviously Tom Brady, but Matt McGloin wasn't much of anything, he was hardly good enough to start in college when O'Brien got there, now he actually made some starts in the NFL

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next Grade: Chris Petersen- Washington

My Grade: A+

My Opinion: Maybe I'm a little biased, but Petersen's one of the best coaches out there, and Washington was one of the few places he would leave Boise for, Washington is very lucky. It's going to be interesting seeing all these good coaches in the Pac-12. Home run hire.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next Grade: Dave Clawson- Wake Forest

My Grade: A

My Opinion: Wake Forest needed someone who can build a program, and Clawson is one who can do that, Wake Forest will need to be patient as Clawson usually doesn't have success until he gets his players in there. Overall they made a great hire here.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next Grade: Bob Diaco- UConn

My Grade: B+

My Opinion: Bob Diaco has been a good defensive coordinator for Notre Dame these past few years, Notre Dame has been consistently strong on defense despite having Brian Kelly as a head coach. This gets a B+ though because UConn almost landed Narduzzi, but couldn't quite get him, Diaco is a good second choice though.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next Grade: Chuck Martin- Miami of Ohio

My Grade: B

My Opinion: Another good Notre Dame assistant getting a head coaching job, Martin had a lot of success running Notre Dame's offense last year with Golston, this year he managed to lead Notre Dame to some good game in spite of Tommy Rees. Brian Kelly has quite the coaching tree, a lot of his former assistants have had a good track record, except the last offensive coordinator from Notre Dame to take a head coaching job, this doesn't effect my grade though as Molnar took the UMass job while UMass was in transition to FBS, he made a bad career move sadly.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next Grade: Charlie Partridge- Florida Atlantic

My Grade: C-

My Opinion: Partridge is considered a very good recruiter and that's his big plus. This gets a C- grade because he has no head coaching experience. This sounds a lot like Mike Locksley, one of the worst hires of the BCS era.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next Grade: Craig Bohl - Wyoming

My Grade: A+

My Opinion: All I have to say is wow, Wyoming really outdid themselves with this one. Bohl made North Dakota State a FCS powerhouse, that also won a lot of games against FBS opponents. Bohl will definitely be able to raise the profile of Wyoming football, I personally think he could bring them to the top tier of the Mountain West.