• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 All-Star Week Discussion (Rangers Edition)

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BsesYqcCYAEtyQn.jpg:large

Beltre & Yu :yahoo:

The rest of the team - please - take time off and clear your head. Please.
Also, no extra-curricular activities. No more injuries.

That is all.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the thread. This should be fun. Our All Stars are as good as anyone's.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone else please take steroids. I think cheating and winning at this point is more enjoyable

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen a team or organization more in need of a break than ours.

I wonder if Kinsler is enjoying our misery; at least a little?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we really do some serious talent evaluation. I mean serious. Guys who we seemed to think should be part of our core that maybe should not be. Not trying to single anyone out but some of you know who that could be. I like in what I have seen in some of our young call ups like Odor and Smolinkski. Sure they have some things to work on but they have some energy to them. In September go ahead and take a tail kicking if we have to looking at some other young guys. Even Gallo. Let them play the entire month of September for all I care. Let them get their feet good and wet and see what they need to work on. We need to be doing all we can possibly do to prepare us for next season. This season is a wash and to keep playing guys who seem to learn nothing and make the same mistakes game after game is just a waste of time.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we really do some serious talent evaluation. I mean serious. Guys who we seemed to think should be part of our core that maybe should not be. Not trying to single anyone out but some of you know who that could be. I like in what I have seen in some of our young call ups like Odor and Smolinkski. Sure they have some things to work on but they have some energy to them. In September go ahead and take a tail kicking if we have to looking at some other young guys. Even Gallo. Let them play the entire month of September for all I care. Let them get their feet good and wet and see what they need to work on. We need to be doing all we can possibly do to prepare us for next season. This season is a wash and to keep playing guys who seem to learn nothing and make the same mistakes game after game is just a waste of time.

I agree our focus should be toward 2015 and our current campaign is geared toward this. At least I think so.

But let me point out Smolinski is a lifetime .267 minor league hitter. He's 25 and I, like you, are more than impressed with his energy, attention to detail he's shown. I just don't want to us to hang any huge expectations on this guy.

Also, you mention taking a "tail kicking" in Sept. Wastin....we've been taking a HUGE tailing kicking since mid June. In less than a month, we went from a .500 team (35-35) to having the worst record in baseball. That's as much tail kicking I ever hope to see us receive.

Question for ya: Who are you calling out with "making the same mistakes over and over again?"

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree our focus should be toward 2015 and our current campaign is geared toward this. At least I think so.

But let me point out Smolinski is a lifetime .267 minor league hitter. He's 25 and I, like you, are more than impressed with his energy, attention to detail he's shown. I just don't want to us to hang any huge expectations on this guy.

Also, you mention taking a "tail kicking" in Sept. Wastin....we've been taking a HUGE tailing kicking since mid June. In less than a month, we went from a .500 team (35-35) to having the worst record in baseball. That's as much tail kicking I ever hope to see us receive.

Question for ya: Who are you calling out with "making the same mistakes over and over again?"

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for the double post guys.....No idea how this just happened.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Problem becomes playing teams in contention. Expectations ( protocol) is to field your best major league team possible when playing teams in the hunt. We as fans felt that way when we watched our team in pennant races. I think most managers comply and would bank on Washington having a similar mindset. Trading a Rios might help, possibly an Elvis if the return is attractive with ML ready players in return. Certainly outfielders and first basemen as far as position players would be in demand. I'm not sure Choice at this time qualifies.

Good news is due to all the injuries, Texas is getting a pretty darn good extended look as it is.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hear what Pday is saying..... We should play to win against contenders to preserve the integrity of the game. Against teams who aren't in a playoff race, experiment with things and hope for losses. I still want us to get a top 5 pick after all the shit we've had to endure this year. With our scouting department, I know we would get a quality player for the future. On a side note, why does ESPN run fat ass Berman out for the home run derby every year? The guy doesn't even like baseball and his commentary is atrocious...... Not like I watch the home run derby anyway...

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hear what Pday is saying..... We should play to win against contenders to preserve the integrity of the game. Against teams who aren't in a playoff race, experiment with things and hope for losses. I still want us to get a top 5 pick after all the shit we've had to endure this year. With our scouting department, I know we would get a quality player for the future. On a side note, why does ESPN run fat ass Berman out for the home run derby every year? The guy doesn't even like baseball and his commentary is atrocious...... Not like I watch the home run derby anyway...
What games have we not tried to win against Houston and Angels?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds like EA to me, but maybe he had someone else in mind?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What games have we not tried to win against Houston and Angels?

The team and organization will not try to tank. I expect they will lose plenty of games, but it is because it is not a good team and the pitching will make it very hard too win games this season. That said unfortunately/fortunately they should earn the top pick in the draft.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team and organization will not try to tank. I expect they will lose plenty of games, but it is because it is not a good team and the pitching will make it very hard too win games this season. That said unfortunately/fortunately they should earn the top pick in the draft.
More of Crawlers crap. We will lose because we have no better players than we're playing.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kind of on the dangle Elvis train right now. Not the unload Elvis train mind you, but it's worth seeing if we get any bites.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kind of on the dangle Elvis train right now. Not the unload Elvis train mind you, but it's worth seeing if we get any bites.

If someone offers something you can't refuse it makes sense, not sure anyone will offer anything worthwhile however

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen a team or organization more in need of a break than ours.

I wonder if Kinsler is enjoying our misery; at least a little?

Screw that little prick, I was pissed a bit when he made his original comments after the trade but I eventually brushed it off as he had his feelings hurt and spoke before thinking things through. After the whole waving to the dugout after the HR he deserves to get drilled once a series for awhile

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone offers something you can't refuse it makes sense, not sure anyone will offer anything worthwhile however

I know. His value is pretty low right now.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like something done in the off season not around now if that ever happens. Maybe something with Soria.

They are to get this home run derby in?