• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NFL Rookies

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Barrett Jones - C - Rams

Rams fourth-round G/C Barrett Jones (Lisfranc surgery) is expected to be held out until training camp.

"He may be 80 percent at OTAs and things like that, but mentally and everything else considered, he’ll be fine by the time camp starts," coach Jeff Fisher said. Jones (6-foot-4, 306) could compete for the Rams' left guard job, but he projects better as a backup at both guard and center.
Source: stlouisrams.com

May 4 - 1:54 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Damn you've been busy.

Trying. It's a matter of finding an area that interest you the most about the sports draft/rookies/college football and sharing with others. It doesn't look as time consuming when it's something that really interest you.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Michael Mauti - LB - Vikings

Vikings rookie ILB Michael Mauti (ACL surgeries) "absolutely" expects to be ready for camp.

"I'm sprinting. I'm doing some light agility stuff," said Mauti, who suffered three ACL tears in college. "So, it's not like I'm limping around here." Mauti's most recent tear was to his left ACL on November 17, at a time he was playing well enough some projected him as a second- or third-round pick. Mauti will be given a look, but he's a long shot to start as a rookie.
Source: ESPN 1500 Twin Cities

May 4 - 12:13 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
J.J. Wilcox - DB - Cowboys

Cowboys third-round S J.J. Wilcox will get a chance to compete for a starting job.

If the season started today, Barry Church, who tore his right Achilles' in September, and Matt Johnson, who missed all of last season because of hamstring injuries, would be the starters. Even if Wilcox doesn't earn the job in camp, the injury histories of Johnson and Church bode well for Wilcox's chances of cracking the starting lineup at some point in the 2013 season.
Source: Fox Sports Southwest

May 4 - 10:48 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Denard Robinson - RB - Jaguars

Fifth-round pick Denard Robinson lined up at tailback and receiver as the Jaguars opened rookie minicamp on Friday.

Robinson "broke several long runs" and "caught all but one pass" intended for him while working with the first-team offense. "I know he’s certainly a weapon from looking at all his college film," observed playcaller Jedd Fisch. "Now, it’s a matter of what can he do best for us." Robinson will get plenty of running back reps in full-squad OTAs as Maurice Jones-Drew continues his foot rehab.
Source: Detroit Free Press

May 3 - 7:58 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Leon McFadden - DB - Browns

The Browns are projecting third-round pick Leon McFadden as their Week 1 starter at right cornerback.

If McFadden wins the job, he'll cover No. 2 receivers with Joe Haden mirroring No. 1s. Buster Skrine would cover slot receivers. Although McFadden is a solid NFL prospect, he stands under 5-foot-10 and is likely to struggle with taller receivers like A.J. Green in the AFC North. He will be picked on as a rookie.
Source: ESPN Cleveland

May 3 - 7:28 PM

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Leon McFadden - DB - Browns

The Browns are projecting third-round pick Leon McFadden as their Week 1 starter at right cornerback.

If McFadden wins the job, he'll cover No. 2 receivers with Joe Haden mirroring No. 1s. Buster Skrine would cover slot receivers. Although McFadden is a solid NFL prospect, he stands under 5-foot-10 and is likely to struggle with taller receivers like A.J. Green in the AFC North. He will be picked on as a rookie.

Source: ESPN Cleveland

May 3 - 7:28 PM

This whole paragraph contradicts itself. In what world is A.J Green a #2 receiver and since when did Joe Haden mirror #1 WRs, I thought he only played LCB.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers expected to place Lattimore on NFI list

The 49ers are expected to place rookie Marcus Lattimore (knee surgeries) on the non-football injury list to open training camp.

He'll get the NFI designation instead of PUP because Lattimore's injuries occurred in college and are not considered pro injuries. Lattimore will likely spend the first six games on the NFI list -- which operates just like PUP -- and the 49ers will reevaluate his progress thereafter. We don't anticipate any 2013 contribution from Lattimore, and the organization likely does not either.
Source: CSN Bay Area

May 6 - 1:30 PM

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Trying. It's a matter of finding an area that interest you the most about the sports draft/rookies/college football and sharing with others. It doesn't look as time consuming when it's something that really interest you.

I hear you. When ever I buy anything for sports, hunting, or fishing, the cost doesn't equate as much as say a house payment. Because those are things I love, the cost compared to value in my eyes is worth it to me. I appriciate you posting these because I do love to read about it.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Gavin Escobar - TE - Cowboys

Jason Witten expects the Cowboys to use more two-tight end sets this season.

Gavin Escobar wasn't selected 47th overall to immediately replace the 31-year-old Witten. The San Diego State product is expected to help the Cowboys follow the league-wide trend of creating mismatches in the passing game through their tight ends. "I think that's a big part of where we're seeing our football team go," Witten said. "I think, more than anything else, I looked at it and said it's showing there's a commitment to this package and growing that."
Source: Fort Worth Star-Telegram

May 7 - 8:15 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brandon Williams - DL - Ravens

Ravens assistant GM Eric DeCosta says third-round NT Brandon Williams is "probably even better than what we thought he was."

"I was really impressed with Williams," DeCosta said. "We liked him on tape. We liked him at the Senior Bowl. I really think the guy has a bright future. He's an explosive kid, very, very athletic. He plays on his feet. He's got heavy hands." Williams is expected to see plenty of snaps as a rookie, and his arrival could signal the end for former second-round bust Terrence Cody.
Source: Baltimore Sun

May 6 - 11:03 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Shawn Williams - DB - Bengals

The Cincinnati Enquirer's Joe Reedy predicts that No. 84 overall pick S Shawn Williams will start next to Reggie Nelson as a rookie.

Williams will be competing with former second-round bust Taylor Mays and 2012 fifth-rounder George Iloka, so it shouldn't be hard to crack the lineup. Williams is solid in run-support, which would complement Nelson's coverage skills well.
Source: Cincinnati Enquirer

May 6 - 8:51 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sylvester Williams - DL - Broncos

The Denver Post doesn't expect No. 28 overall pick DT Sylvester Williams to open the season as a starter.

The Broncos think Williams can work his way into a starter's role by Week 1, but beat writer Mike Klis expects it to be difficult for Williams to leapfrog Kevin Vickerson and Terrance Knighton over the summer. Vickerson proved to be a solid run stopper, while "Pot Roast" Knighton has good pocket-pushing skills. No matter who the "starters" are, all three players will see significant snaps.
Source: Denver Post

May 6 - 6:13 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dion Jordan - DL - Dolphins

The Palm Beach Post expects the Dolphins to bring No. 3 pick Dion Jordan along "slowly" as a rookie, using him as a third-down pass rusher only.

Pass-rushing wasn't even Jordan's calling card in college, managing 14.5 sacks across three seasons. It's possible he'll play strong-side linebacker on early downs, replacing Koa Misi, and kick to end in the nickel. That's how the Broncos use Von Miller. Jordan is expected to be a high-impact defender eventually, but the Palm Beach Post suggests it won't happen right away.
Source: Palm Beach Post

May 6 - 5:02 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Browns draft pick Bryant popped on DUI charge

Browns seventh-round pick Armonty Bryant was arrested Friday for drunken driving in Ada, Oklahoma.

Less than a week after being drafted, Bryant -- a defensive lineman -- was pulled over and issued a standard sobriety test. Police "had problems" getting Bryant to comply with blowing into a breathalyzer, attempting "the test at least 10 times." The result eventually was a .098, above Oklahoma's legal limit of 0.08. Bryant also "repeatedly refused" to blow into an Intoxilyzer. Clearly not the brightest tool in the shed, Bryant was suspended three games as a senior after being arrested on two occasions for trying to sell $20 worth of marijuana to undercover officers. An arrest like this could seal Bryant's walking papers in Cleveland.
Source: Akron Beacon-Journal

May 6 - 3:44 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Darius Slay - DB - Lions

Lions second-round CB Darius Slay underwent arthroscopic knee surgery Friday.

Slay sustained a meniscus tear at some point during the pre-draft process. The Lions clearly didn't red-flag him, as they used the No. 36 overall pick to grab a player they are hoping will start opposite Chris Houston. Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, Slay "is expected to be ready well before training camp." It sounds like Slay had a clean-out procedure, rather than a full repair of his meniscus.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

May 7 - 10:03 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Duron Harmon - DB - Patriots

According to NFL Draft insider Tony Pauline, the Patriots' scouts were "overruled" and the brain trust "made the choice" when New England selected S Duron Harmon with the No. 91 overall pick.

In other words, Bill Belichick loved Harmon while his scouts didn't. Pauline wrote that "no one I spoke with" thought Harmon would be a top-100 pick before the draft. New England selected him at No. 91 overall. Pauline also reports there was "a lot of disagreement" over the Patriots' second-round selection of OLB Jamie Collins. "Many" Pats scouts graded Collins as a "last-day pick."
Source: TFY Draft Insider

May 7 - 11:56 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Aaron Dobson - WR - Patriots

ESPN Boston's Field Yates says the Patriots haven't had a receiver with Aaron Dobson's size/speed combination in either of the last two seasons.

Last season's X receiver, Brandon Lloyd, is three inches shorter than Dobson and posted a pathetic 189 yards after catch on 74 grabs last year. Deion Branch has even more inept in 2011. Yates, who was an intern on the Pats' coaching and scouting staffs, notes that Dobson "is a smooth, high-cut receiver who can run an extensive route tree from the perimeter of the offensive formation." He also sees the 6'3/210 rookie as a candidate for end-zone fade patterns. Those are ideal traits for an outside receiver in the Pats' scheme.
Source: ESPN Boston

May 7 - 11:33 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
William Campbell - G - Jets

ESPN New York believes sixth-round G William Campbell's rookie season "could amount to a red-shirt year."

It's all but a certainty as Campbell makes the transition from the defensive to offensive line. Campbell isn't daunted by the position switch. "Defensive guys can come over and play guard because I played both ways in high school and the transition was from one series to the next, so I feel like it will be a good transition with help from the coaches."
Source: ESPN New York

May 7 - 9:53 PM