• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NFL Rookies

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Landry Jones - QB - Steelers

According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, rookie QB Landry Jones has "struggled" through two weeks of Steelers camp.

"I think we're going to find out a lot about where he is after Saturday night," said coach Mike Tomlin, referencing Pittsburgh's preseason opener. No details on Jones' struggles are available, but he's competing with John Parker Wilson to be the third-stringer and isn't putting heat on backup Bruce Gradkowski.
Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Aug 9 - 1:15 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Geno Smith - QB - Jets

Jets rookie QB Geno Smith has "sputtered of late" after a hot start to training camp.

"He’s got to power through it," OC Marty Mornhinweg said. "It is an awful lot of installations. I believe we’re at No. 10 right now, so you add it all up and it’s been quite extensive. We’ll see how he rebounds." Smith has a chance to turn things around in Friday night's preseason opener against the Lions. Mark Sanchez will start, but the rookie will play extensive snaps with the first-team offense.
Source: New York Daily News

Aug 9 - 1:34 PM

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was trying to tell folks about this kid:

Christine Michael - RB - Seahawks

Seahawks rookie RB Christine Michael rushed 16 times for 89 yards in Thursday's preseason opener against the Chargers.

That's a cool 5.6 yards per clip. Michael played all four quarters, only failing to touch the ball on Seattle's final possession. He made a host of impressive cuts, doing little to dissuade the notion that he's Marshawn Lynch's most talented backup. Robert Turbin has a problem on his hands.

Aug 9 - 8:38 AM

That was bolstered by a 24-yarder in the 4th quarter, though.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We should have drafted him in addition to taking Reid. Reid at SS and Rambo at FS was my goal going into the draft.

Yeah, I was shocked Rambo fell as far as he did. I know there were some character concerns, but the 6th was great value. I would have taken him over Dial or Moody, either of which probably would have been available with the subsequent pick.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Really concerned about the defensive backfield next year. I think we need at least one safety and two CBs in the first four rounds. Fortunately we have a shit-ton of picks.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Really concerned about the defensive backfield next year. I think we need at least one safety and two CBs in the first four rounds. Fortunately we have a shit-ton of picks.

would agree with at least one CB, and if we draft two then fine with me. Cox might continue playing well and if so, he's a restricted FA. we might still keep Brown with a compromise on the bonus flap? Brock?

Culliver is a tough call, cause they won't know how well he returns till much after the draft.

we have an extra pick for the Alex Smith trade, and an extra 3rd from Tennessee. but didn't we trade two away for McCoy? wondering if "shit-ton" is too strong a description? ie quality yes, quantity........

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
would agree with at least one CB, and if we draft two then fine with me. Cox might continue playing well and if so, he's a restricted FA. we might still keep Brown with a compromise on the bonus flap? Brock?

Culliver is a tough call, cause they won't know how well he returns till much after the draft.

we have an extra pick for the Alex Smith trade, and an extra 3rd from Tennessee. but didn't we trade two away for McCoy? wondering if "shit-ton" is too strong a description? ie quality yes, quantity........

Right now, Culliver is under contract and Cox is a RFA next offseason. Everyone else is up for grabs. We should be able to keep Brock if we want him and he doesn't have a breakout season, but we could very realistically be looking at replacing two starting CBs. That's arguably the worst thing about the Culliver injury: we won't know if he's really ready to step in as a starter prior to the draft.

As far as picks, we've got our own picks in rounds 1-4, the Titans' third-rounder, the Chiefs' second- or third-rounder, and a comp pick for Goldson that I expect to be a third-rounder. We're probably looking at seven picks in the first three rounds most likely, and definitely eight picks in the first four. That's a shit-ton of early picks in my book. Adding three DBs shouldn't be too hard, though I would expect we might try to use one of those picks to move up in the first again, and will likely keep trying to stockpile future picks.

The McCoy trade involved picks from this past year. It was really only one pick. We moved back a nine spots from the late-fifth to the early-sixth, and gave up a seventh.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Who else wants on the Lemonier bandwagon? I'm extremely excited about him. I think he's going to be a better pro' than Barkevious Mingo.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who else wants on the Lemonier bandwagon? I'm extremely excited about him. I think he's going to be a better pro' than Barkevious Mingo.

Been there for a bit. I think you got me to look at him pre-draft, pass rusher might be your forte. :)

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Mingo > Werner > Moore > Lemonier

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
After releasing Dunta Robinson and opting against paying for Brent Grimes, the Falcons got aggressive at the cornerback spot in the draft. They traded up for Desmond Trufant (-2.7) and then selected Robert Alford (+2.8) in the second round. As the grades suggest, both men had differing days, with Trufant turning his 24 snaps into the lowest grade of any Falcon, and Alford converting his 51 into the highest.

So what went wrong with Trufant? It didn’t start well when Jermaine Gresham ran right over him, and four plays later he was lucky not to give up a first down after an overthrow from Andy Dalton. The play that summed it all up (Q2, 12:21) Trufant was coaxed in by a play action and then completely lost his bearings in the Falcons’ zone defense.

While Trufant will need to take some big steps, there were some more positive signs from Alford. He got himself involved in the run game with three tackles (one a tackle for a loss) and didn’t allow any of the three balls into his coverage to be complete, with the high point being a pass deflection in the endzone. It wasn’t perfect, as he too had a moment of confusion (Q2, 0:48) when he was unsure of where to be, but it was a promising start.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/08/10/refo-bengals-falcons-preseason-week-1/

Nastastical

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Da'Rick Rogers catches a TD in his first preseason game, and it just kills me that it is with the freaking Buffalo Bills. We should've signed him as an UFA, because we have the type of locker room that would've been good for him. We also have a player who would've been a great mentor to him in Boldin, since their games are so much alike.

This kid is going to be a total stud in a year or two; though he probably would've been #2 on our depth chart with Crabs out.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Johnathan Cyprien - DB - Jaguars

Jaguars activated rookie SS Johnathan Cyprien (hamstring) from active/PUP.

He's resumed practicing in fully. Cyprien strained his hamstring a week before camp started. He was penned in as the Jaguars' starting strong safety beforehand, and should have enough practice time left to solidify his starting job. He could make his preseason debut on Saturday against the Jets.
Source: John Oehser on Twitter

Aug 12 - 9:59 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dion Jordan - DL - Dolphins

The Miami Herald reports that Dolphins rookie DE/OLB Dion Jordan is "nursing" a shoulder injury, but that it's not considered "overly serious."

Jordan hasn't practiced the past two days. Typically, we wouldn't deem this blurb-worthy, but it's noteworthy for a player who underwent offseason shoulder surgery. It sounds like Jordan has had a setback. For now, there's no reason to worry about Jordan's Week 1 status, but he'll likely sit out this weekend's preseason game. Reporter Armando Salguero expects Jordan to begin the year as a situational pass rusher.
Source: Armando Salguero on Twitter

Aug 12 - 10:41 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Quinton Patton - WR - 49ers

Rookie WR Quinton Patton still hasn't caught any passes in 49ers camp due to a fractured left index finger.

Patton has been limited to route running and individual drills, severely curtailing his chances of an early impact. He's not even being discussed in the 49ers' wide-open No. 2 receiver battle. Meanwhile, Austin Collie had "his best day of practice" Sunday with five receptions, including two TDs in red-zone drills.
Source: CSN Bay Area

Aug 11 - 10:16 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sharrif Floyd - DL - Vikings

Vikings rookie DT Sharrif Floyd's MRI revealed no damage to his left knee.

Floyd went down in Minnesota's preseason opener. "Everything is fine," said the first-round pick. "It was nothing to be scared about. If I had to go back in, I could have gone back in." Floyd batted down a pass and notched a tackle for loss against the Texans. He will rotate in behind Kevin Williams this year.
Source: Minneapolis Star-Tribune

Aug 11 - 7:00 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
E.J. Manuel - QB - Bills

E.J. Manuel completed 16-of-21 passes for 107 yards and a touchdown in the Bills' preseason opener against the Colts.

Manuel showed his open-field speed on three scrambles for 28 yards. In an effort to get him as many reps as possible, the Bills let Manuel play the entire first half. He shook off a sloppy start to lead a TD drive (versus Colts backups) despite playing the majority of his snaps without C.J. Spiller, and none with top wideout Stevie Johnson (hamstring). Manuel offers some QB2 appeal due to his dual-threat skill set, but still has a long way to go as a passer.

Aug 11 - 3:42 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Markus Wheaton - WR - Steelers

Rookie Markus Wheaton caught an eight-yard pass and gained ten yards on a carry in the Steelers' preseason opener Saturday night.

He had another beautiful 21-yard reception down the sideline negated by the NFL's bewildering catch rule. Wheaton looked very explosive with toughness, and it shouldn't be long before he's entrenched in three-wide sets. He played behind Antonio Brown, Emmanuel Sanders, and Jerricho Cotchery on Saturday.

Aug 11 - 12:31 PM