• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NFL Draft Combine Discussion

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even remotely close. That is one of the worst comparisons for him. He plays exactly like a guy you probably know very well, James Lauranitis.
I've seen a good amount of tape on Te'o. The Alabama game wasn't that much of a fluke. The difference was ND's dline didn't dominate in the title game.

Laurinaitis is/was much more fundamentally sound in tackling and better in coverage than Te'o who seems to zig when he should zag in coverage.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen a good amount of tape on Te'o. The Alabama game wasn't that much of a fluke. The difference was ND's dline didn't dominate in the title game.

Laurinaitis is/was much more fundamentally sound in tackling and better in coverage than Te'o who seems to zig when he should zag in coverage.

Coming out of college he wasn't. He played a lot of zone and got caught up in traffic more than Te'o did. He wasn't overly fast, running the exact same 40. Was really good in a short drop back zone and had good hands. They are virtually the exact same player.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming out of college he wasn't. He played a lot of zone and got caught up in traffic more than Te'o did. He wasn't overly fast, running the exact same 40. Was really good in a short drop back zone and had good hands. They are virtually the exact same player.
Lil Animal still really isn't that great in coverage, to be honest. He was a better fit in Spags awful system than Fisher's really good system but he is still serviceable in coverage as long as he isn't going against New England. They friggin murdered us over the middle, though part of that is our safeties which have been an issue for a year now.

I think Im fine with a Teo comparison where his upside is JL and is downside is Rey M. I also think that puts him squarely in the 2nd round.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he doesn't play anything like Maualuga. Absolutely nothing like him.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he doesn't play anything like Maualuga. Absolutely nothing like him.
He misses tackles, plays with his head down, kinda slow and sucks in coverage. Sounds like the same guy to me

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He misses tackles, plays with his head down, kinda slow and sucks in coverage. Sounds like the same guy to me

I now don't believe you watched any Te'o game at all this year besides Bama.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I now don't believe you watched any Te'o game at all this year besides Bama.
And I believe that you want him to be on your team to fill a void and that is adding bias. Its not like we won't see all of this play out next year.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His tape was GREAT outside of one game. Watch more tape that isn't the Bama game. He is easily the #1 ILB prospect.

I'm 5 games in, and I see the SAME things I saw in the Bama game, just not as bad.

In a phone booth, he tackles well. Get him in space, not so much.....he actually whiffs A LOT. He makes risky plays......that have paid off this last season in college.....but they wont at the next level. He has to make better decisions.

I'll say it again.....WATCH specifically what happens when he gets a blocker on him against just about any competition.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 5 games in, and I see the SAME things I saw in the Bama game, just not as bad.
Yeah, I watched 3 other games besides the NCG and saw the same kind of things. I was in the 'one game can't hurt a guy' camp with Te'o until I noticed that it really wasn't just the one game.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are looking for a guy who isn't going to be out of the league in 2 years because he can't quit getting in trouble. 2 times in trouble for drugs, a DUI like 4 days before the combine. Teams don't want that. It will drop you.

He might drop, but some team is going to give him a chance & he'll go higher than you might think.

As for Teo I hope the Chargers don't even have him on their board. To me it's more than the poor measurables with him. My big question is how is this guy going to have the respect of his teamates? The Middle Linebacker calls the plays. He's involved in everything before the snap of the ball. I just don't see how his teamates can take him seriously. Time will tell. No player in the league is going to have to take more shit than Teo from other players around the league. I don't want that distraction on my team.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want Te'o on my team. We already have a MLB. And you can "see" whatever you want. He plays nothing like Maualuga.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
harbaugh_original.gif

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want Te'o on my team. We already have a MLB. And you can "see" whatever you want. He plays nothing like Maualuga.

Film doesn't lie. ALL I'm saying is he does not get off blocks very well at all. His if he misses the play, he has no ability to recover. And from what I've seen, he whiffs a LOT more than you think he does. He tends to throw his entire body at a player.......and misses too much. In a phone booth, he can tackle anything......given some space, he's not quite as good. And I'm not sure he knows what to do in coverage......its like you can almost see the wheels turning in his head when he's trying to figure out how to react.

Some of that can probably be coached out of him......but it will take time. He's better served going to a team with an established LB core and learning the pro game IMO. I'm not saying he can't do it. I'm saying he wouldn't be my first choice at LB. I'd pass on him in the first entirely.

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how often do you see a guy miss a tackle by being 1/2 step slow? that's only like .05 seconds or so.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how often do you see a guy miss a tackle by being 1/2 step slow? that's only like .05 seconds or so.

The strength of the Notre Dame defense was their DL. They made Teo look good. I'm not saying he won't be productive at the next level, but I don't see him as a 1st round talent.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator: