• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NFL Draft Combine Discussion

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they go with Patterson if he is there, maybe Allen if he really impresses at his pro day. If they don't go WR, I think they take whichever OT falls out of Joeckle, Fisher, Johnson and Watson. Maybe Cooper or Warmack if one falls.
The Rams will likely get 2 of the following players in the first round: Vaccaro, Patterson, Eifert, L Johnson, Ogletree, Warmack or Jarvis Jones (as a 4-3 OLB if he isn't taken off their board completely).

I think a lot of teams are going to be needs drafting because there really isn't that big of a difference between having pick 10 and pick 30. So you're going to see a lot of 'reaches' but they will be players immediately jump into important roles in the NFL.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams will likely get 2 of the following players in the first round: Vaccaro, Patterson, Eifert, L Johnson, Ogletree, Warmack or Jarvis Jones (as a 4-3 OLB if he isn't taken off their board completely).

I think a lot of teams are going to be needs drafting because there really isn't that big of a difference between having pick 10 and pick 30. So you're going to see a lot of 'reaches' but they will be players immediately jump into important roles in the NFL.

If you are going to get 2 of those guys you'd have to take Eifert or Ogletree at 22. Vaccaro, Patterson, Johnson, Warmack and Jones will all be gone by 22. I think Cooper is a possibility at 22 as well as Watson if he falls as a LT if you don't take Johnson. Maybe even Justin Hunter after he blew up the combine today at 22 if you don't take WR at 15.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Te'o 4.81 hand time, looked slower than that.

His stock is steadily dropping. Watching film of him, I don't think he's a top 10 LB. He doesn't shed blocks, often whiffs while throwing his body at a player instead of form tackling, takes a LOT of chances (that so far have paid off at the collegiate level) but doesn't have the speed to cover.

I'm sure all the LBs have some deficiencies......but his are critical for his position.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His stock isn't dropping anymore. He will be picked 15-25ish which is where he should have been all along.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This QB class is awful compared to last years. No QB in this class should go in the top 10.

I disagree completely. Yeah it is awful compared to last years, almost every draft ever is awful compared to last years. He has everything you want in a QB. Strong arm, good accuracy, athleticism. Only thing that needs a little work is his footwork. He is leaps and bounds ahead of where Cam Newton was when he came out.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His stock isn't dropping anymore. He will be picked 15-25ish which is where he should have been all along.

We'll see. He seems to only be able to make tackles in a closed in space. He doesn't get off blocks too well either. There are a LOT of LBs I'd take ahead of him if I were a GM. Tape doesn't lie.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to disagree with this. He is a early-late 2nd rounder like Brandon Spikes or Rey Mauluaga.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. He seems to only be able to make tackles in a closed in space. He doesn't get off blocks too well either. There are a LOT of LBs I'd take ahead of him if I were a GM. Tape doesn't lie.

His tape was GREAT outside of one game. Watch more tape that isn't the Bama game. He is easily the #1 ILB prospect.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to disagree with this. He is a early-late 2nd rounder like Brandon Spikes or Rey Mauluaga.

He might fall to the early 2nd but I don't see it. Too many teams need that LB.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are going to get 2 of those guys you'd have to take Eifert or Ogletree at 22. Vaccaro, Patterson, Johnson, Warmack and Jones will all be gone by 22. I think Cooper is a possibility at 22 as well as Watson if he falls as a LT if you don't take Johnson. Maybe even Justin Hunter after he blew up the combine today at 22 if you don't take WR at 15.
Yeah, I should add Elam, Hunter, K Allen and Cooper to the list at 22.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too high for millner. easily too high
10 teams passing on lotulelei ?
not sure Johnson doesn't pass Fisher for 2nd OT taken
really doubt 2 OG to top 10, the value isn't there regardless of how good they are
think Vacarro is a bit early as well, he's just not THAT good of a S. not a game-changer in ball skills.

Unfortunately for him that's probably going to be true now. Hopefully the results of his medical tests are a result of dehydration. I can't imagine what he is going through right now though.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might fall to the early 2nd but I don't see it. Too many teams need that LB.
I have him rated behind Arthur Brown, Ogletree, Khaseem Greene, and Minter. Buffalo or Detroit in Rd2 would be a good fit

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have him rated behind Arthur Brown, Ogletree, Khaseem Greene, and Minter. Buffalo or Detroit in Rd2 would be a good fit

I'm not as high on Minter as others. They actually sent him off the field during drills today because he couldn't run it correctly. Might have problems picking up on things quickly. Brown is an OLB IMO but I do have him rated higher. I have Ogletree rated higher but with all the off the field stuff, I'm not sold he goes higher. I LOVE Green but I don't think he goes ahead of Te'o. I think Te'o could go as high as Pitt in the 1st or as low as the NYG in the 1st.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree completely. Yeah it is awful compared to last years, almost every draft ever is awful compared to last years. He has everything you want in a QB. Strong arm, good accuracy, athleticism. Only thing that needs a little work is his footwork. He is leaps and bounds ahead of where Cam Newton was when he came out.

Cam Newton is 3 inches taller & more athletic. Smith needs to work on his accuracy on deep balls. He missed far too many easy TD's this past season. I won't be surprised one bit if Barkley is the 1st QB taken in this draft.