• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 College Football GDT

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That is a hell of a hit but Louisville's defense looked really horrible last night particularly against the run.

Not sure if you saw the graphic in the game but Storm Johnson (UCF's RB) was a top 3 recruit with Marcus Lattimore and Michael Dyer.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow so the NCAA is no different than the NFL when it comes to horrible calls on hard hits to receivers as they are catching the ball. It's like the rule should just read if the defender forcefully causes the receivers momentum to change from one direction to another during the process of a catch it's a 15 yard penalty for hitting to hard.

Georgia up 17 with Vandy facing 4th down and the officials hand them the first down after calling a penalty for a targeting hit to the head that forced the drop pass. The replay official over turned the call as it was a clear shoulder to chest hit, but the penalty stands. I don't understand why the NCAA up holds the penalties if they use replay to unsure they are correct or not for the purpose of throwing the player out of the game.

Then again replay doesn't even help all the time. They tossed out Georgia's DE in the first half for targeting the QB when replay clearly showed he never made contact to the head area. He used both hands to the shoulder to push the QB backwards.

It's not like the NFL is any better though. We've witnessed a bad call on Whitner in what seems like every game this year so far. You just can't hit a guy hard trying to catching the ball anymore without being flagged. It's like no matter how clean the hit was if it sounded and looked bad then it's a penalty. The NCAA needs to adopt their rule to pick the flag up if replay shows a clean hit, and the NFL should just start reviewing the plays to decide if the flag should be upheld or not. They can't rely on these officials to make those judgement calls because they are going to call if for anything that looks bad.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow so the NCAA is no different than the NFL when it comes to horrible calls on hard hits to receivers as they are catching the ball. It's like the rule should just read if the defender forcefully causes the receivers momentum to change from one direction to another during the process of a catch it's a 15 yard penalty for hitting to hard.

Georgia up 17 with Vandy facing 4th down and the officials hand them the first down after calling a penalty for a targeting hit to the head that forced the drop pass. The replay official over turned the call as it was a clear shoulder to chest hit, but the penalty stands. I don't understand why the NCAA up holds the penalties if they use replay to unsure they are correct or not for the purpose of throwing the player out of the game.

Then again replay doesn't even help all the time. They tossed out Georgia's DE in the first half for targeting the QB when replay clearly showed he never made contact to the head area. He used both hands to the shoulder to push the QB backwards.

It's not like the NFL is any better though. We've witnessed a bad call on Whitner in what seems like every game this year so far. You just can't hit a guy hard trying to catching the ball anymore without being flagged. It's like no matter how clean the hit was if it sounded and looked bad then it's a penalty. The NCAA needs to adopt their rule to pick the flag up if replay shows a clean hit, and the NFL should just start reviewing the plays to decide if the flag should be upheld or not. They can't rely on these officials to make those judgement calls because they are going to call if for anything that looks bad.

And it just happened to Bradley Roby

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Nah, the NCAA is worse, if you can believe it. They eject for the foul, but allow for it to be reviewed. If it's deemed to not be targeting (not a foul), they let the guy stay in the game, but still enforce the penalty.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Jeremy Gallon is probably my favourite Michigan offensive prospect (other than OL) in a long time. He just makes plays, with Devin Gardner's inaccurate ass throwing him the ball.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bullshit call. Lead with shoulder, hit with shoulder on the TE's shoulder and never left feet. Such a bullshit call

Makes me wonder how he's going to play Allen Robinson a week after a suspension. PSU is on a bye, so I know the coaches are trying to get Robinson involved more, honestly you can't throw it to Robinson enough. Oh wait I don't have to wonder, I know, Roby's going to get torched! His only chance was lining up a good hit on A-Rob but there's no contact in football anymore

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jeremy Gallon is probably my favourite Michigan offensive prospect (other than OL) in a long time. He just makes plays, with Devin Gardner's inaccurate ass throwing him the ball.

I don't know if that body will hold up in the NFL, but he's as clutch as they come.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't know if that body will hold up in the NFL, but he's as clutch as they come.

I think he'll be fine. He's only 187, but that's packed into a 5'8 frame. Welker is 5'9, 185; Sproles is 5'6 190; Kyle Williams is 5'10 186. He doesn't have an injury history about getting "beat up." He had the awkward hit last year that tore his knee up. That's not related to size.

I don't think being light is such an issue, I think some bodies are just more frail than others. He hasn't had an injury history in college.

It's ridiculous to watch a 5'8 WR win so many jump balls. I'd love to get him late in the draft and see what he can become as a slot guy.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Mike Evans on the 49ers asap

Nastastical

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whenever Texas A&M WR Mike Evans decides to go pro, I want him on the Niners. The kid looks like he can be a RZ monster in the NFL.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Getting ready for our biggest game of the season. We win this, we win the NCG:

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dvr is broke and i'm gonna miss the clemson fsu game. sigh

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lamarcus Joyner has earned my respect today. I still think that he's a liability when in coverage.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He'll be a problem in the NFL as a slot-type in the right system.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh, Lamarcus Joyner with the INT. Love me some Joyner.

Tajh Boyd telegraphed that throw all the way. Horrible.