• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013-14 NFL Ongoing Thread

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got curious about what percent of UDFA's make a squad, and found this: Undrafted free agents making big impact in NFL - CBSSports.com

You might be surprised how many actually make it: 20 percent of NFL starters entered the league as undrafted free agents, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

Last year, teams signed 622 undrafted players and 98 of them (16 percent) made Week 1 rosters, ProFootballTalk reported.

Another 33 made practice squads, meaning 37 percent earned NFL jobs.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rob Gronkowski needs a fourth, and hopefully last, arm surgery | ProFootballTalk

Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald reports that Gronkowski is going to need a fourth operation to replace the plate that secures the broken bone in his forearm. That fourth surgery has long been expected and isn’t considered a major problem. If everything involved in the fourth surgical procedure goes well, Gronkowski will still be on track to play in Week One.

The real question, however, is whether the fourth procedure finds that Gronkowski has infected tissue in his forearm. If he does have an infection, he would then need a fifth operation. At that point, his availability for the regular season could be in question. So Gronkowski and the Patriots are hoping the fourth surgery is the last.

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at the rate this is going, I'm concerned he may never play again.

As a Steeler fan , that helps, but as a football fan and a fantasy football fan, what a loss that would be. He is a once in a generation talent and is used in a system that transforms the position. :2cents:

The whole thing is dragging on - makes you suspect the worst. We'll see.

49ers encouraged by Marcus Lattimore?s physical | ProFootballTalk

The fourth-round pick went through a thorough examination upon reporting with the rest of the 49ers rookies this week, and coach Jim Harbaugh was encouraged.

“Everything looks good structurally with all the guys that we drafted,” Harbaugh said, via Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com. “The ACL looks really good for Marcus. We have to take a step back in terms of some of the cutting because we want that inside of the knee, the lateral side of the knee, to heal fully.”

bstn8tive24

Are U calling me a liar ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now it's been reported that GRONK may need BACK surgery !!! you have got to be kidding me !!:gaah:

Been bad news for a while with him. He's a fantastic talent, too.

Robert Griffin III injury: Redskins QB has been throwing since April - SBNation.com

Robert Griffin III, 2012's offensive rookie of the year who was felled by a knee injury in the NFL playoffs, has been throwing since April and seems to be on pace to start the 2013 season opener when the Redskins host the Eagles on Monday Night Football, according to USA Today's Jim Corbett, who quoted the quarterback's father.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Kelly's offense work in NFL? Jaws says 'No' | Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia

Therefore, Kelly’s NFL offense has yet to be entirely scripted. But based on what he's seen of the Ducks -- he said he studied seven or eight of their games -- Jaworski isn't optimistic.

"I just don't see NFL passing concepts in this offense," Jaworski said. "It's a movement offense by the quarterback, off the run action, off the read action -- a lot of short, quick passes, dart routes, bubble screens -- very few plays down the field with NFL passing concepts.

"It's easy to say, 'Yeah, it worked in college.' Then I looked at a game like Stanford. Stanford, a good defensive football team, shut them down. I hope it works. I like the innovation, but I think it's going to be very difficult."

Because NFL teams will be ready for it.

"The NFL is a different league with fast players that have all week to prepare for you," he said. "At the collegiate level, you have 20 hours to prepare for that Oregon offense. Take out three hours of game time -- you've got 17 hours to prepare in the course of a week to pratice and prepare for that style of offense. It kills you in college. But in the NFL, these guys work 17 hours a day. A day. Not a week. So there's no secrets."

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Jaws comments. Look one of the biggest issues the last couple season in Philly was the simple fact the Eagles Red Zone offense was horible, now you bring in a guy that has a "knack" for running read options, bubble screens, and other goofy plays, there is no way this will work in the NFL red zones, defenses will take a "bend but dont break" approach to this offense and there isnt any way this offense can't run quick slants from the five with corners right at the line of scrimmage, and Vicks horrible wind up to throw a football.... Its going to a be an ugly season for my Birds...

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Jaws comments. Look one of the biggest issues the last couple season in Philly was the simple fact the Eagles Red Zone offense was horible, now you bring in a guy that has a "knack" for running read options, bubble screens, and other goofy plays, there is no way this will work in the NFL red zones, defenses will take a "bend but dont break" approach to this offense and there isnt any way this offense can't run quick slants from the five with corners right at the line of scrimmage, and Vicks horrible wind up to throw a football.... Its going to a be an ugly season for my Birds...

He made a good point, too, about the Stanford game - their front 7 really shut down a lot of what the Ducks like to do, just by tackling well in space. They kept 3-4 yard plays from becoming 12 yard plays, and kept 12 yard plays from becoming 78 yard plays. That's what will happen against most NFL teams, too.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator: