• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 Opponents Announced

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
we fans have been clamoring for respect all season, well here it is. we can't complain now cause we wanted to be good for YEARS, and good teams have to play other good teams.

not worried about the schedule, just REALLY happy there's a good chance i see another SB win.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think vs. DET will be a primetime matchup.

The game against Green Bay may be as well. NBC had 3 or 4 Packers games this year I think, and they probably want some of the primetime hype that came with the two 49ers games this year. Harbowl being the highest watched program on NFL Network, and the two 10 win teams on MNF for the Steelers/49ers game.

If the Packers win the Super Bowl again, I wouldn't be surprised if the NBC season opener was 49ers @ Packers

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd want it to be on Thanksgiving again. Whoever plays on Thursdays gets a competetive advantage over the ogther teams.

you sure about that?

while we might have for the NEXT game, what about the short week? what if the 49ers have to travel again for Thursday, no matter where its travel?

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dallas & Detroit are always home for TG, so I doubt it would be a TG game as that would mean we would travel to their house two years in a row.

But, primetime, are you kidding me?!? Book it! Hell, they'll start the hype for that handshake showdown before teams break from training camp...

Giantsmojo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you sure about that?

while we might have for the NEXT game, what about the short week? what if the 49ers have to travel again for Thursday, no matter where its travel?

Both teams have the short weak. No matter what one team has to travel so the advantage is the same no matter what unless one team plays on Saturday and gets the extra day off which wont happen because of College football.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Both teams have the short weak. No matter what one team has to travel so the advantage is the same no matter what unless one team plays on Saturday and gets the extra day off which wont happen because of College football.

whaaa?

to make it simple lets use the example we had this season........if we play Baltimore on Thanksgiving Day, both the 49ers and the Ravens have a short week. thats fair except one team has to travel? regardless of length or time zone(s), one team has to travel.

if we play another Thanksgiving Day game in 2012, don't see why the 49ers have advantage....if we travel? if we stay home, then of course we have the advantage.

for the game following Thanksgiving Day, now we have the advantage because we have more days to rest/prepare. travel isn't as big a deal for the NEXT game, even if we had to.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas & Detroit are always home for TG, so I doubt it would be a TG game as that would mean we would travel to their house two years in a row.

But, primetime, are you kidding me?!? Book it! Hell, they'll start the hype for that handshake showdown before teams break from training camp...

I'm not sure who set it up for Detroit, but I know Tex Schramm locked in the Thanksgiving day Cowboys games when nobody else wanted it... so, tradition aside... nobody else wanted those games except for Detroit and Dallas.. so they deserve them now that the NFL is bigger than life. "Flavor of the day" teams can go suck one, every NFL team had a chance to take that game but they turned it down. (with the exception of expansion teams)

If the 49ers could lock in the Thanksgiving Evening game at home every year, I'd love it.... but that ship has sailed. I like the idea of a Thanksgiving Night rotation on NFL Network now... since everyone except for the Cowboys and Lions fucked it up, it's nice that NFL Network has presented a chance for every team to get a thanksgiving night game.

To divert from my rant... I hope the 49ers get a Thursday Night game at the Stick in 2012.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
you sure about that?

They can travel the Sunday night after the previous game. They wouldn't miss any practice or team activity. The other team has a short week, but they don't have to travel. However traveling gives a team a disadvantage any week, and everyone has to do it 8 times (with few exceptions like the Giants / Jets & Niners / Raiders).

The next week, however, the team gets an extra 3 days to prepare. It's an advantage the Cowboys & Lions have had every year since they did the Thanksgiving games.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I veto a thanksgiving niner game...... cant risk it being on the network or be around to see it...

now as a fan, hate it cause if we're traveling FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF! if we're not, still, don't like 3 days. If that last performance is any idication of a 3 day rest period for our offense, NO THANK YOU!

lol

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think vs. DET will be a primetime matchup.

291890_599706172524_66303082_32198893_1968910215_n.jpg

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill be at the pats 9ers game in my willis jersey!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They can travel the Sunday night after the previous game. They wouldn't miss any practice or team activity. The other team has a short week, but they don't have to travel. However traveling gives a team a disadvantage any week, and everyone has to do it 8 times (with few exceptions like the Giants / Jets & Niners / Raiders).

The next week, however, the team gets an extra 3 days to prepare. It's an advantage the Cowboys & Lions have had every year since they did the Thanksgiving games.

yeah, thats what i said.

but in you're original post, it read like we had the advantage for the Thursday night game.