• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 NFL Draft - Thurs. April 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burflict and Hosley the latest players to be reported for failing drug tests. I guess you can go ahead and consider Burflict an undrafted free agent.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right guard is our only major hole, unless you feel that Kilgore is the man. Amini looks to have that killer instinct that most o linemen don't have. I'm sure it comes from him starring on the d line throughout high school. Just look at how he finishes the blocks, he could be better than Iupati.

I also love how Zeitler lead college football in knockdown blocks, he finishes too.

I'm pretty sure we have to go with one of these two to maximize our value at #30. Fleener for us at #30 wouldn't be as much value when you combine bpa and need, it all equals best rg, especially since this is a strong draft for interior linemen. It get's tricky for me if Glenn happens to be there at #30 also. I'm not sure if he's tenacious enough for me to agree with him over Amini.

Amini Silatolu Highlights - YouTube

Kevin Zeitler highlights Nebraska and Penn State.wmv - YouTube

Cordy Glenn vs South Carolina 2010 "Playing Left Guard" - YouTube

I'm not sure if you can go wrong with any of these guys at #30.

Question, is that hammer block that Amini does legal? Check the move at 4:19.

I subscribe to the G should be drafted later philosophy. I want game changers and playmakers in the early rounds.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Owusu - WR - Player

One NFL general manager told SI.com's Jim Trotter that Stanford WR/KR Chris Owusu is not on his team's draft board.
Owusu has received NFL medical clearance, but teams are still gravely worried about his three concussions in a 13-month span. "He's off our board," the GM said. "He was from the start. It wouldn't matter if he was RG3, he'd still be off our board. With that kind of history it's not worth the risk of him being seriously injured, especially with all the attention you're going to receive. If you draft him you're going to be under the microscope the whole time. Every time he gets hit it's going to be magnified tenfold."
Source: SI.com
Apr 25 - 11:24 AM

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
draft related, kinda sorta....

Falcons acquire Samuels from Eagles for a late rd pick. Samuels must restructure contract for trade to finalize I believe.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Chris Owusu - WR - Player

One NFL general manager told SI.com's Jim Trotter that Stanford WR/KR Chris Owusu is not on his team's draft board.
Owusu has received NFL medical clearance, but teams are still gravely worried about his three concussions in a 13-month span. "He's off our board," the GM said. "He was from the start. It wouldn't matter if he was RG3, he'd still be off our board. With that kind of history it's not worth the risk of him being seriously injured, especially with all the attention you're going to receive. If you draft him you're going to be under the microscope the whole time. Every time he gets hit it's going to be magnified tenfold."
Source: SI.com
Apr 25 - 11:24 AM

can't blame teams for laying off, he'd be an UDFA. he'd use 2012 to prove he's ok to play/learn, then make his move in 2013.

Owusu could consider the 49ers because Moss and Ginn are on one year contracts.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well he does have ow in his name, having an injury history is fitting

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
So who are we going to draft???

I say best player available. Dline and secondary need depth.

it's nice to not have glaring holes but depth is just as important. The Niners lucked out last year in that they lost only one starter to injury for the season. (Josh Morgan)

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

it's nice to not have glaring holes but depth is just as important. The Niners lucked out last year in that they lost only one starter to injury for the season. (Josh Morgan)

SEEMS like there'll be quite a few prospects with 'equal' value at 30? so unless someone takes a good drop, we'll go need. as been talked for months now, the biggest need is at OG or WR.

btw - am now disregarding what Baalke said regarding a one player, hard to take too much heart in what GM's say.

IF its an OG fine, it isn't a glamorous pick but it does upgrade run AND pass. also, prefer we go ahead and take the best OG prospect, as opposed to a center projected to OG (ie Konz).

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
SEEMS like there'll be quite a few prospects with 'equal' value at 30? so unless someone takes a good drop, we'll go need. as been talked for months now, the biggest need is at OG or WR.

btw - am now disregarding what Baalke said regarding a one player, hard to take too much heart in what GM's say.

IF its an OG fine, it isn't a glamorous pick but it does upgrade run AND pass. also, prefer we go ahead and take the best OG prospect, as opposed to a center projected to OG (ie Konz).

If we draft a OL in the first round, somewhere out there Bob Mckitrick will be like "WTF"

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we draft a OL in the first round, somewhere out there Bob Mckitrick will be like "WTF"

Somewhere out there would be 6 feet under, he passed in 2000. Also, we already did this...twice in the same draft no less.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

haaa, yeah i guess so? but its a much different game than when he coached.

its an unusual draft for us cause we have the luxury of going O-line, should we choose to? a rare luxury indeed when we're not thinking how to get a QB.

Jtymer49er

Jtymer49er
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I want one of five players (not in order):

Janoris Jenkins (dont care about issues, he's that good!)

Chandler Jones (always need more pass rushers)

Stephen Hill (better than Moss at this stage of his career)

Doug Martin (If Gore goes down we need another workhorse)

Coby Fleener (Delanie is FA next year and Fleener is a better receiver)

Jtymer49er

Jtymer49er
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No OG because we have invested enough 1st round picks on the o line.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No OG because we have invested enough 1st round picks on the o line.

we all understand your frustration cause no question we've invested enough. not to mention Baas (33rd overall), Rachal (2nd rounder), and Snyder (traded up to the 4th?). also, typically we do prefer adding other than RG in round 1.

however, this wouldn't stop me from drafting a linemen THIS draft? if there's no clear BPA (which i now think is the case) still nothing wrong with OG, this helps BOTH run and pass.

if the O-line can get as a Unit, we have enough skill players for this season.
if we draft a skill player but have problems at RG (we saw it early last season), the offense can't be efficient.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A reminder on the Parcells draft board to keep in mind if anybody missed it in my long post. His board is set up given the system he runs and the things he looks for in players. It's scheme and system specific rather than a general draft board which is what almost everybody puts out there. That still might not answer alot of questions people have and one still may raise their eyebrows at specific players but I feel the need to highlight that again if you were somebody who really looked at that "board" closely.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So both Kipe & Mcshay have Claiborne going 3rd. That would be one of the dumbest moves in recent draft memory if it happens. They will rue the day they passed on Kalil .

The Vikings are lucky there are some QBs to push him down to 3 in the frist place. Getting him AFTER that point is like charity.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So both Kipe & Mcshay have Claiborne going 3rd. That would be one of the dumbest moves in recent draft memory if it happens. They will rue the day they passed on Kalil .

The Vikings are lucky there are some QBs to push him down to 3 in the frist place. Getting him AFTER that point is like charity.

Agreed. If I were the Vikes I'd go Kalil and not think twice about it.

Rep!

Status
Not open for further replies.