• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 Nebraska Recruiting List (1st pg)

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malik Zaire just moved to the top of my 2013 want list........he's a lefty dual-threat and throws a fucking beautiful ball.

He just put Nebraska in his top 3 along with Ohio State and Pitt. He's from Ohio, but beings that Ohio State has a good thing going with Braxton Miller you'd have to think we have a shot.

Now, im no scout, but i like to think i know a thing or two about quarterbacks. couple things i noticed...first...holy shit. he looks INCREDIBLY comfortable in the pockets, his dropbacks look amazing.

second, he keeps his eyes downfield when he is forced out of the pocket...bueno.

one thing that upset me was the play that starts at 1:34. now i realized that he was under pressure and forced out of the pocket, but when he throws, he clearly whips his head around and takes his eyes off of his target and kinda just throws it...

but overall, damn that kid looks good, i hope the staff evaluates him and goes after him. its going to be tough to beat out urban at tOSU for a kid thats from ohio, and has tOSU in his top 3

Last edited by a moderator:

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one thing im confused about though, this season he threw for 729 and ran for 948....was he not the starter until midseason? or did he get injured and miss some games??? what happened?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, im no scout, but i like to think i know a thing or two about quarterbacks. couple things i noticed...first...holy shit. he looks INCREDIBLY comfortable in the pockets, his dropbacks look amazing.

second, he keeps his eyes downfield when he is forced out of the pocket...bueno.

one thing that upset me was the play that starts at 1:34. now i realized that he was under pressure and forced out of the pocket, but when he throws, he clearly whips his head around and takes his eyes off of his target and kinda just throws it...

but overall, damn that kid looks good, i hope the staff evaluates him and goes after him. its going to be tough to beat out urban at tOSU for a kid thats from ohio, and has tOSU in his top 3

That was a play action designed roll out to that side.......that's why he turns so quickly. The defense bites on it big time too thinking the play is going to the right side of the field and he turns quickly and has a man down field.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one thing im confused about though, this season he threw for 729 and ran for 948....was he not the starter until midseason? or did he get injured and miss some games??? what happened?

They were a team based primarily around the running game...........their offense rushed for 3,334 yards in 11 games.

Their main RB rushed for 1,136 himself.

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a play action designed roll out to that side.......that's why he turns so quickly. The defense bites on it big time too thinking the play is going to the right side of the field and he turns quickly and has a man down field.

i get that, it was just how he threw the ball on that play that annoyed me...

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again though, it's a highlight film for recruiting purposes only, so every play they put on the video is going to be one that makes him look good.

He actually only completed 44% of his passes on the year........but in that video you would never think that.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like we will know about Valentine within a matter of hours. He will decide tonight.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....Maybe.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be talking about losing his virginity

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“I have made up my mind already,” Valentine said. “I’ve already silently committed to one of those three schools. I’m going to let it be known on National Signing Day.”

“I felt like it was a great and consistent team,” Valentine said. “They really know how to develop players. I loved the atmosphere at the school and bonded with the team. I had a good feeling at the school and could see myself being there.”

First of all "silent commit" is Nebraska's recruiting buzzword used by the coaches this season. He said a couple things about each school but his description of Nebraska pretty much gave it away. He was much more animated talking about us.

“They were just letting me know why I would fit in at Nebraska,” Valentine said. “They were telling me why they really needed me there. They let me know that they would develop me into the player that I want to be.

Valentine is N

Last edited by a moderator:

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will literally fall out of my chair shocked if he actually picks Florida or Illinois.

28lrqqg.gif