• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 Nebraska Recruiting List (1st pg)

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What in theeeee hell? 247 is the worst recruiting site on the interwebz

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kato Fawkes a DT (I think) that is likely going to a JUCO.. just taking this game in

Rivals had him as VV for awhile too.

Snick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happend with Valentine? We were at the top early on.... Now he cancels the visit... Not liking that at all

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VV apparently decided that he was going to try flying in, then couldn't get a plane ticket.. :L

his original plan was to drive

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would'a got a ticket if he were going to Auburn.

Snick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rios and Iese on visit... WOW... MORE THAN EXPECTED..... 10....

Expect a commit or 2 soon....

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vi Rios: "Also, the big game was crazy. That was the biggest game I've ever been to. They have sellout crowds for pretty much every game. That's real big. And the fans are always there to support you. They don't really criticize the players much, they love the players. Good or bad, they just support the program. That's what I really like about it."

LOL @ thinking this!!!

Snick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the entire Peat family was in town for the game and Thanksgiving...
"Andrus had a great visit and this visit could have sealed the deal"

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the entire Peat family was in town for the game and Thanksgiving...
"Andrus had a great visit and this visit could have sealed the deal"

Who said that? His dad/mom?

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It was great," Peat said. "I mean I was really impressed by everything. I got in on Thursday night and I left on Saturday afternoon. I'd say it was a good trip."

Spending time with his brother for a few days was a big highlight, as expected.

"It was really cool," Peat said. "I saw him over the summer, but I still hadn't seen him in a long time. It was good to catch up. It was fun. I know (Avery Moss) was excited to see Todd too. It was cool to have Avery there too. He and I experienced Nebraska for the first time together."

Of course Peat had heard plenty about the Huskers from both the coaching staff in Lincoln and of course his brother, there was a lot he wanted to see for himself.

"I just really wanted to look at the school and see the atmosphere at Nebraska," Peat said. "I was really impressed by that. The fans are great. The whole atmosphere and energy there was great. It was really impressive at the beginning of the game - it was really loud. I was coming out of the tunnel before the game with some other recruits and it was crazy how so many people knew my name. It just shows that the fan support is great there.

"I'd never experienced a game like that. It's a whole different atmosphere there than any other school I've been to. That was pretty crazy."

Having his brother as his player host was a big plus as well for Andrus.

"It was real cool," he said. "He showed me around the campus a little bit and I got a chance to meet a lot of the players - it was really cool to spend time with Todd."

Then of course Peat spent a lot of time with offensive line coaches Barney Cotton and John Garrison along with head coach Bo Pelini.

"Coach Pelini, I really liked him," Peat said. "He's really straight forward with everything. He basically just told me all the facts about Nebraska and the O-line situation, how I can help. He didn't put any pressure on me or anything. It was just the facts, which I liked.

"I talked to coach Cotton and coach Garrison a lot. They were saying there are going to have huge needs at offensive tackle next year. They didn't guarantee I'd play early, but said if I come in and compete and work hard my first year, I'll have a chance to compete for a spot early. That's something that's important to me."

Seeing the offense up close was also something that Peat said he enjoyed. He liked the diversity of the schemes.

"It's great just the way they pound the ball," he said. "They do a lot of different stuff. They run some spread stuff, some pro-style stuff too, like with their pass blocking. It's just a lot of variety that could show my skill set."

Overall, the trip apparently has helped Peat focus on the schools he's looking at the hardest.

"After this trip, I feel really good about Nebraska and comfortable - I could see myself playing there," Peat said. "I took my visit to Stanford two weeks ago so I'm still considering them. I'm thinking about visiting Florida State and USC. I'm still kind of considering Texas, so those would be my main five schools. I really don't have any time set [for a decision], it's just whenever I know.