• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 Minnesota Twins Commentary

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well i like the twins and well the bucks have a special place in my heart ... game over so im a ok now

oic! Gotchya buddy. I feel the same way when the Twins play the Phillies.

I am going to a game when the Phillies visit Target Field this summer so that will be interesting.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Another good person, good teammate, and good fielder, but no bat. Same as Nicky P. I wish him well.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woo hoo! Blown save for Capps! :yield:

I still feel like I would be more comfortable with Perkins as the closer. I would say he is the most reliable arm in the bullpen. I know he does not have experience as a closer but how else will he get it? I would rather see him shutting the door at the end than watching Capps serve em up.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mornin', PC!

Been real busy the last couple days but that's the way it is. Today is D-Day! Lucky it's the Birds, at least there is a chance, but the Birds will not be terrible forever, and they might do our Twins in.

I see baker "f'd" up in his minor-league start down here last night. Is this another head-case for Gardy to deal with? I'm going to maintain until my dying day that MLB players that reach Baker's level and beyond are invulnerable to discipline and can easily become major head-problems for their teams. If it were you and me, we get fired, simple as that. Time will tell with Baker.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mornin to you bucko!
Sounds like Baker has some sort of serious injury.
Haven't heard exactly what it is but we might not see him until May.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PC - I don't know what to believe anymore. I'd rather it be in his head as a good kick in the arse clears that up right away, well, it used too, anyways! If it's his arm, here we go again! A year and 1/2, or so, of rehab, getting full-pay, and not a worry if you can't come back, not if you've got a multi-million $$$ MLB contract. You are judgement-proof. Perfect for "slackers." Boy, is our society full of them these days! (I know, I know....take a chill-pill, Buckie.....)

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PC - I watched all 3-games! The Rays look really good, got a lot of young, low-key guys similar to the '87 Twins. I'll be up in St. Pete for the Twins series in 2-wks. No, sports fans, The Rays do not play in Tampa, it's in St. Petersberg(sp?), Fl. Kinda like when evrything was at Met Stadium in Bloomington, Mn. It's actually 20 miles, or so, from Dtwn. Tampa

Indulge me a bit as I want to be your travel-guide again. To get to Tropicana Field I go over the Skyway Bridge which spans the entrance to Tampa Bay. This is a breath-taking structure that arches way, way, up over the water so ocean-freighters and probably US Navy ships, can pass beneath. If you don't like heights, don't go over this bad-boy. From the top, and as you go back down the arch of the bridge, you can see the Rays Stadium off in the distance. This bridge replaced the bridge that was hit by a freighter years ago knocking out the center-deck sending many cars & people to a watery-grave! Very creepy when you go over the new one with this knowledge. The Tampa-St. Pete area is really big and really cool. I luv going up there. 1 1/2 hrs. from me.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PC - At least you got the Phillies and I got the Rays. The Rays are for real but they have no bench in case of injuries and no "Yankee-money" to buy replacement players on short notice.

Changing teams, I see my "boy" Ozzie ran his mouth again today(?) No matter which, Ozzie is a real character and is already badly frustrated. I think he's trying to lash out at imagined detractors. He did this in Chicago many times. Ozzie isn't swinging the bats, so this slow-start isn't entirely his fault. I think that this new mix of players he has may need a full-year to gel before they hit on all cylinders.