• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 FA WRs

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How do you come to the conclusion that Morgan's coming back?

he will be cheap coming off a season ending injury. niners O plays to his strengths. he'll sign a short contract if we want him.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with kyle's performance yesterday i don't think we should bring in new blood at WR...

5 receptions for 54 yards and a TD is enough for you to think we don't need to address the WR position? Not that i don't hope he works out into a bigger role out of the slot, but we do need help at WR. We're certainly not at the point where we are by any means set in that position.

cottontaco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
too true. one game isn't enough to convince me Williams is the answer....with that being said, of course i'd love if he became a great wide out, but WR NEEDS an up grade in the off season...

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he will be cheap coming off a season ending injury. niners O plays to his strengths. he'll sign a short contract if we want him.

All valid points, however, I don't see where he fits anymore, especially with Williams getting a chance to show what he can do out of the slot. I, as well as plenty of others have been calling for Williams to get his shot to show what he can do out of the slot. I'm sure that he'll have a poor man's Welker type of slot impact. We have to get more talented than Morgan opposite Crabtree to get to that next level. We need more of a deep threat, somebody that can turn a 7 yard slant into an 80 yard td. Think back to the glory days, remember how Rice and Taylor were in the wco?

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what Williams has shown this year in his limited time, but we need another guy. Crabtree is starting to step it up and has looked good the last few weeks. He should have a few more scores if it weren't for terrible throws. I wouldn't want D. Jackson. The guy is a cocky moron that has made more bone head plays this year than big time plays and Ginn is just as good a return man.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowe would be the big body WR we need... but the speed of Meachem and/or Djax are always a treat.... Colston would be super IF he leaves NO

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Do the Niners really need a big body? What about a speed guy? That's something they haven't had since TO. It'd be nice to have a combo' of both...

Don't get me wrong; Bowe would be the best WR since TO. I'd LOVE to have him. But with what Desean Jackson is doing to his stock this season I might be tempted to take a chance on that knuckle head if the Eagles can't get a deal done & he isn't immediately picked up by another team (that's if he doens't get the tag; I don't know who else is a FA on teh Eagles).

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
...Unfortunately that cap room is gonna dry up pretty quickly with Rogers & Alex as FAs, so I doubt the Niners go after any of those guys.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Wait a second... for some reason I thought the Niners signed Ahmad Brooks to a contract extention in the offseason. Maybe that was a dream. :(

He's going to be even more important to re-sign than Rogers IMO (both will be huge though). Keep that LB corps in tact! (and get some depth on the DL).

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Niners really need a big body? What about a speed guy? That's something they haven't had since TO. It'd be nice to have a combo' of both...

Don't get me wrong; Bowe would be the best WR since TO. I'd LOVE to have him. But with what Desean Jackson is doing to his stock this season I might be tempted to take a chance on that knuckle head if the Eagles can't get a deal done & he isn't immediately picked up by another team (that's if he doens't get the tag; I don't know who else is a FA on teh Eagles).

My thing for the big body, is that in our offense(currently) we tend to do a lot of running, so a big WR to block downfield may be the icing of the cake. Other than that, I feel getting a big body would allow someone to be able to create for himself in the redzone and get open.... Plus it adds a different element to the WR core.

I luv a speed guy too, but we're not really using our speed as much as we want(imo)

Desean is a one trick guy.... take away the deep route and he does nothing else(or atleast that's how he's being used in philly) the guy cant go over the middle plus his antics is costing them pts/downs....

hell if we lose Ginn, then yeah, lets go for him....

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Desean Jackson would be way more explosive in the type of offenses we run, plus a better fit to the type of wr we need opposite Lobsterbush running this wco. Don't get me wrong though, Bowe or Wallace I would love to see in red and gold, just I woulld love to see DJ WAAAAYYY more.

At the same time though, I know you've always been against og's in the 1st, how about in this draft? With us probably drafting very late and there most likely being a very good rg available like DeCastro, Cordy Glen or an even more likely Kelechi Osemele? Of course if Kirkpatrick or Jenkins were available that would be the better route to go, I just doubt they are there. With Snyder and Chilo possibly leaving we can really upgrade that position.

Mike Wallace is a better all around WR than Jackson, possibly a better deep threat, and a much better person. Wallace as a receiver is what Jackson is supposed to be.

Unfortunately, DeSean has his head so far up his ass that he can't watch the ball.

I wouldn't take an OG in the first round. A dependable CB, a consistent pass rusher, a starting calibre WR, a NT and a DE are all positions that we could address that would bring better value than an All Pro OG.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeSean Jackson has been one of the more overrated players in the entire NFL the last couple of years. Explosive straight-line guy, but does nothing else well. He hasn't even been the best at that this year. Mike Wallace and Torrey Smith are both better this year at stretching defenses.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
DeSean Jackson has been one of the more overrated players in the entire NFL the last couple of years. Explosive straight-line guy, but does nothing else well. He hasn't even been the best at that this year. Mike Wallace and Torrey Smith are both better this year at stretching defenses.

I Agree with every word of this; that said I'd still consider signing him if he doesn't get a ton of money.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jackson is a bonehead. guy has a ton of talent but does too many stupid things. not to mention reid has to discipline the guy.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question about Ginn. But has anyone see any play where they are sending Ginn to spread the D? I feel like i havent seen him too many times down field. A few times here and there but i would like to see more of it, at least to keep the D honest.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Meachem over Ginn and he might be available since the Saints have so many WRs.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All valid points, however, I don't see where he fits anymore, especially with Williams getting a chance to show what he can do out of the slot. I, as well as plenty of others have been calling for Williams to get his shot to show what he can do out of the slot. I'm sure that he'll have a poor man's Welker type of slot impact. We have to get more talented than Morgan opposite Crabtree to get to that next level. We need more of a deep threat, somebody that can turn a 7 yard slant into an 80 yard td. Think back to the glory days, remember how Rice and Taylor were in the wco?

morgan has been our best wr over the past couple years. williams gives us a good 4th, but i doubt he can be a reliable top 2

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya he takes it the distance and fumbles it at the 1 yard line while jerking himself off