• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2010 Nissan maxima Sv premium 3.5 cafe latte

Smirishth

Smirishth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone own one here?

I'm seriously considering purchasing one but have read mixed reviews and hear it has a "loss of power" problem.

Looking for input

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the cars I own is a 2003 Maxima SE it has been reliable but this is easily the worst riding car I have ever owned. I have owned two Nissan my first car a 1986 Sentra and the aforementioned Maxima the Sentra actually rode much better, for what that's worth. I know it's not the exact car you asked about but I actually loathe driving the Maxima I take the Passat Wagon over it every time.

Smirishth

Smirishth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the cars I own is a 2003 Maxima SE it has been reliable but this is easily the worst riding car I have ever owned. I have owned two Nissan my first car a 1986 Sentra and the aforementioned Maxima the Sentra actually rode much better, for what that's worth. I know it's not the exact car you asked about but I actually loathe driving the Maxima I take the Passat Wagon over it every time.

You are comparing a model from 2003 to 2010 in anything (for the most part) and its gonna be apples and oranges

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are comparing a model from 2003 to 2010 in anything (for the most part) and its gonna be apples and oranges

Pretty sure I made the years perfectly clear. What I stated was a general guideline it was pretty damn obvious there was a seven year difference. But hey buy it, enjoy the ride.

Smirishth

Smirishth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol sooo anyone else that may own THIS year make (and model) on here?:wtf2:

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i highly reccomend scraping the maxima and going with an 80s caprice

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what do you mean by "loss of power"?

Smirishth

Smirishth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what do you mean by "loss of power"?

Have read that during (mostly longer) trips people will have stopped and when ramping back onto interstate the car will suddenly dump power and not accelerate as supposed to. Some have said it is a protection feature of the cars computer that has a glitch.

Do you own this car; has this happened to you?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have read that during (mostly longer) trips people will have stopped and when ramping back onto interstate the car will suddenly dump power and not accelerate as supposed to. Some have said it is a protection feature of the cars computer that has a glitch.

Sounds like some type of air flow issue. If you haven't tried you might get more responses on a Maxima chat room...I have an Altima and an Infiniti G37 and they both have rather large online DBs, I'm sure there is one for the Maxima.

Smirishth

Smirishth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like some type of air flow issue. If you haven't tried you might get more responses on a Maxima chat room...I have an Altima and an Infiniti G37 and they both have rather large online DBs, I'm sure there is one for the Maxima.

Most helpful response yet; thanks man this was a waste of time until now.:suds:

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do not, but I am pretty familiar with Maximas from 89 to present. I've never heard of such. The earlier Maximas had some power loss at different intervals throughout the power curve, but I think most of that got cleared up with the variable intakes they put on them now. The worst problem with the 3.5s has typically been the minor oil burning issue on some of them. If you want to learn anything about a Nissan Maxima then this is your site..... Maxima Forums

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most helpful response yet; thanks man this was a waste of time until now.:suds:

I do not, but I am pretty familiar with Maximas from 89 to present. I've never heard of such. The earlier Maximas had some power loss at different intervals throughout the power curve, but I think most of that got cleared up with the variable intakes they put on them now. The worst problem with the 3.5s has typically been the minor oil burning issue on some of them. If you want to learn anything about a Nissan Maxima then this is your site..... Maxima Forums

How fucking hard would it have been for OP to head the Maxima forums?

Smirishth

Smirishth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How fucking hard would it have been for OP to head the Maxima forums?

Lol if you read what was just quoted ... And after worthless garbage responses like "my 2003 is the worst
riding car ever" on a thread inquiring about a model 7 fucking years later...I have; nice avatar dickhead.:L

I'm sure the little mermaid ...don't miss it!

Last edited by a moderator:

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol if you read what was just quoted ... And after worthless garbage responses like "my 2003 is the worst
riding car ever" on a thread inquiring about a model 7 fucking years later...I have; nice avatar dickhead.:L

I'm sure the little mermaid ...don't miss it!

What? This somehow makes sense to you? Idiot !!!

Go ahead get the Maxima, as I said enjoy the ride, I guarantee it will suck. I have two friends both with Maxima's one a 2009 one a 2012 both ride like crap. I mentioned my car because personal experience should be considered when purchasing a vehicle. If you are to damn stupid to realize that then buy the damn car, shut you dickhole, and move on. But but all means stop bitching like a little girl.