• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #20 USC at #1 Alabama, 8 PM EST, ABC

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I think Bama is that good and the rest of the teams in the SEC are average to good.
Alabama is on another level. But I wouldnt go as far as to call the Sec garbage. Some teams disappointing yes. But some teams lost to very good teams i.e. Wisconsin. And some outperformed expectations i.e. A&M,Auburn,etc.......

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama is on another level. But I wouldnt go as far as to call the Sec garbage. Some teams disappointing yes. But some teams lost to very good teams i.e. Wisconsin. And some outperformed expectations i.e. A&M,Auburn,etc.......
Totally agree, the SEC is not garage this season.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin lost their DC and 6 starters from last year from their defense. I will agree they had a solid defense last year, but LSU's offense was just terrible. I watched almost the entire game and I was in awe that a school like LSU, with the amount of elite talent they have at skill positions, could have a QB that is that bad.

I can't pass judgement on Wisconsin's defense until they face a QB who can complete a pass downfield. I was more impressed with Wisconsin's run game -- they were flashy, but they grinded out first downs and finished with 140 yards on 32 carries and controlled the clock.
Only time will tell. If Fournette goes on a tear that will speak volumes. Michigan looked great s did OSU. But you have to give the Wisconsin defense credit. They got a lot of pressure on an impressive offensive line. Contained a heisman candidate RB who will be a first round pick.And the offense performed well against a very stout defense on the other side.Clement looked fine in his first game as did Houston at QB.And Fumagalli will have a very productive season imo. Watts was all over the place. I'm sticking with my pick of Wisconsin winning the BIG 110 west and as my dark horse team

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only time will tell. If Fournette goes on a tear that will speak volumes. Michigan looked great s did OSU. But you have to give the Wisconsin defense credit. They got a lot of pressure on an impressive offensive line. Contained a heisman candidate RB who will be a first round pick.And the offense performed well against a very stout defense on the other side.Clement looked fine in his first game as did Houston at QB.And Fumagalli will have a very productive season imo. Watts was all over the place. I'm sticking with my pick of Wisconsin winning the BIG 110 west and as my dark horse team

It isn't as if Fournette was completely shut down. He finished with 139 yards on 23 carries. That QB though -- Wow, he was not good. He couldn't complete a pass down field, so Wisconsin could crowd the line of scrimmage.

I don't follow LSU much, so I don't know if that QB was new and maybe it was 1st game jitters, but he missed some wide open WR's and missed them by quite a bit. This was when he wasn't throwing an interception.

I agree wholeheartedly about Wisconsin's offense though. They got some push from their OL and controlled the pace of play and the time of possession against a very, very good defense. I wasn't expecting that.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't as if Fournette was completely shut down. He finished with 139 yards on 23 carries. That QB though -- Wow, he was not good. He couldn't complete a pass down field, so Wisconsin could crowd the line of scrimmage.

I don't follow LSU much, so I don't know if that QB was new and maybe it was 1st game jitters, but he missed some wide open WR's and missed them by quite a bit. This was when he wasn't throwing an interception.

I agree wholeheartedly about Wisconsin's offense though. They got some push from their OL and controlled the pace of play and the time of possession against a very, very good defense. I wasn't expecting that.
The Wisconsin defense held fournette without a touchdown. They actually only gave up one offensive TD. Wisconsin led the NCAA in scoring defense last year. They gave up the lest amount of points in the nation. And they may be on pace to repeat that. Holding the LSU offense to 7 points is impressive. The only points risky gave up were on a TD pass to Dural. Following a Wisconsin fumble.They also held LSU to 2/10 on 3rd down and 257 total yards. I've got to give them credit.

The LSU QB is not new its Brandon Harris he's a junior. He does get thrown off when pressured. But he also has an extremely good and experienced offensive line. All i'm saying is if Wisconsin can run the table. And they play Michigan or OSU in the CCG. And both teams looked great congrats on the wins :suds: Don't sleep on Wisconsin. They have a top tier defense. And if the offense continues to click. They could be very dangerous

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Ole Miss turns out to look really good, it would be a major surprise to see Alabama lose before the playoff.

No one else in their conference is even close to them.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Ole Miss turns out to look really good, it would be a major surprise to see Alabama lose before the playoff.

No one else in their conference is even close to them.

All of their tough games are on the road. They're bound to lose at least one of them.....Maybe 2 of them.

It will be pretty impressive if they go 3-0 in road games vs Ole Miss, Tennessee, and LSU. I say they go 2-1

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of their tough games are on the road. They're bound to lose at least one of them.....Maybe 2 of them.

It will be pretty impressive if they go 3-0 in road games vs Ole Miss, Tennessee, and LSU. I say they go 2-1

They're simply much better than anyone else in their league. The only scenario I can think of is they may drop a game if a defense comes up with a good gameplan for Hurt and he becomes a turnover happy freshman.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're simply much better than anyone else in their league. The only scenario I can think of is they may drop a game if a defense comes up with a good gameplan for Hurt and he becomes a turnover happy freshman.

Road games are a different beast than home or neutral field games. They will lose one of those games

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wisconsin defense held fournette without a touchdown. They actually only gave up one offensive TD. Wisconsin led the NCAA in scoring defense last year. They gave up the lest amount of points in the nation. And they may be on pace to repeat that. Holding the LSU offense to 7 points is impressive. The only points risky gave up were on a TD pass to Dural. Following a Wisconsin fumble.They also held LSU to 2/10 on 3rd down and 257 total yards. I've got to give them credit.

The LSU QB is not new its Brandon Harris he's a junior. He does get thrown off when pressured. But he also has an extremely good and experienced offensive line. All i'm saying is if Wisconsin can run the table. And they play Michigan or OSU in the CCG. And both teams looked great congrats on the wins :suds: Don't sleep on Wisconsin. They have a top tier defense. And if the offense continues to click. They could be very dangerous

I picked Wisconsin as my most underrated team this year. Mostly because they seem to churn out solid OL and always have a good running game.

All I am saying is, I was more impressed with their offense than the defense, because they pounded the ball up the middle. LSU's QB looked lost and seemed to overthrow everything.

And ty for the congrats on UM, but I want to see them against a real team instead of one where we played 16 true freshman, though I was thoroughly impressed by Chris Evans and think he will be a great player and someone the recruiting sites vastly underrated.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked Wisconsin as my most underrated team this year. Mostly because they seem to churn out solid OL and always have a good running game.

All I am saying is, I was more impressed with their offense than the defense, because they pounded the ball up the middle. LSU's QB looked lost and seemed to overthrow everything.

And ty for the congrats on UM, but I want to see them against a real team instead of one where we played 16 true freshman, though I was thoroughly impressed by Chris Evans and think he will be a great player and someone the recruiting sites vastly underrated.
I think the Big Ten is going to be one hell of a conference this season, with Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State and Wisconsin leading the way.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree Wisconsin is extremely under rated. And the BIG is looking pretty solid this year

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Road games are a different beast than home or neutral field games. They will lose one of those games
The Ole Miss game in 2 weeks will tell me a lot about this team. Can Hurts/Barnett handle a hostile road environment? My gut says Hurts can. But we will see how good this team really is with that first road game.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He improved your defense did he not?

He did, but saying he's better than Todd Grantham isn't really saying much.

Pruitt was the DC when a shitty Florida team kept running the same 3 running plays over and over, and we couldn't stop it.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Les Miles at LSU is a lot like Richt at UGA. He's grown stale their and it'll be better for both Miles and the program if they part ways after the season. Nobody at UGA or any UGA fans feel any animosity towards Richt, it was simply just time to move on.

LSU recruits too well to struggle on offense year after year after year the way they do.

And as for Tennessee's ugly win over App State, don't forget that App State won 11 games last season, and they are a well run program that has had success from day 1 since joining the FBS. They aren't a pushover by any means.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Les Miles at LSU is a lot like Richt at UGA. He's grown stale their and it'll be better for both Miles and the program if they part ways after the season. Nobody at UGA or any UGA fans feel any animosity towards Richt, it was simply just time to move on.

LSU recruits too well to struggle on offense year after year after year the way they do.

And as for Tennessee's ugly win over App State, don't forget that App State won 11 games last season, and they are a well run program that has had success from day 1 since joining the FBS. They aren't a pushover by any means.
Agree but Tennessee has been talked about for months now and predictions to beat Bama and Florida, win the SEC east, maybe win the conference and make the playoffs? I know first game and everything, but Tennessee just looked downright awful pretty much that whole game. Time will tell...

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the only way I see Alabama dropping a game. Is if they beat themselves..Its going to take a lot of turnovers and mistakes. and I don't see Saban letting that happen sir