• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #20 USC at #1 Alabama, 8 PM EST, ABC

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree but Tennessee has been talked about for months now and predictions to beat Bama and Florida, win the SEC east, maybe win the conference and make the playoffs? I know first game and everything, but Tennessee just looked downright awful pretty much that whole game. Time will tell...
Tennessee performance vs Appalachian state was pretty bad. The shot of Tennessee taunting Alabama from a private box during the opening game. Not the best choice. I can see Bama rolling over Tennessee

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree but Tennessee has been talked about for months now and predictions to beat Bama and Florida, win the SEC east, maybe win the conference and make the playoffs? I know first game and everything, but Tennessee just looked downright awful pretty much that whole game. Time will tell...

The way I see it is Tennessee looked about as bad as they could and still won against a pretty good team. Nobody seems too worried about Clemson after looking ugly in a close win against Auburn, and last season if they would have played, I would have picked App State to beat Auburn regardless of venue.

I think the predictions that they can beat Bama will probably stop, but IMO, Florida looked just as bad last night against a UMASS team that is much worse than App State.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee performance vs Appalachian state was pretty bad. The shot of Tennessee taunting Alabama from a private box during the opening game. Not the best choice. I can see Bama rolling over Tennessee
Yeah no need to poke the bear when you haven't beaten Bama in 9 years. They could beat us this year, but pretty stupid to bragging before the game is played

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I see it is Tennessee looked about as bad as they could and still won against a pretty good team. Nobody seems too worried about Clemson after looking ugly in a close win against Auburn, and last season if they would have played, I would have picked App State to beat Auburn regardless of venue.

I think the predictions that they can beat Bama will probably stop, but IMO, Florida looked just as bad last night against a UMASS team that is much worse than App State.
Yeah its tough to predict a season based on one game.

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh are we still talking about how badly USC lost :lol::kidding::kidding:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ole Miss 2015 :tsk:
I just don't see anyone in the SEC beating Bama this year..I'll be willing to bet saban has Ole Miss,LSU and Tennessee all marked on his calendar. And will be more than prepared.I also think Hurts size and skill set give Alabama a different dimension. The tide may be better than their national title team last season.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah no need to poke the bear when you haven't beaten Bama in 9 years. They could beat us this year, but pretty stupid to bragging before the game is played
I face palmed when i saw that shot. Not the bear you want to poke. Especially after just slipping by appalachian state. Its still early in the year. And hard to gauge a lot of teams. But that was a very poor decision by UT

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I face palmed when i saw that shot. Not the bear you want to poke. Especially after just slipping by appalachian state. Its still early in the year. And hard to gauge a lot of teams. But that was a very poor decision by UT
The sign said something about beating us in October AND in December at the SEC CG :tsk:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's total BS and you know it. People laugh at every well known team that underperforms.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's total BS and you know it. People laugh at every well known team that underperforms.
I said hating not laughing. Its common knowledge people hate what they fear and respect. Thats why people hate teams like USC and Alabama. Due to their success. When people are talking about USC they are on the rise. The hate is really just respect. I enjoy the SC hate. Just as I'm sure Alabama fans enjoy the hate. Its a compliment. Unless its a fumble with 10 seconds left. Or A situation like that .Laughing at team due to a normal loss is the mark of a weak team. One who hasn't had success. If anything I gained more respect for Alabama football from this

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one takes psychology references from burned out stoners very seriously.

There's a difference between hating on individual SC fans and some deep rooted Freudian thing. Some actually do hate your team just because. And that fucking band doesn't help things any. Then there's rivals and/or conference foes and their history which I believe also more applies to those you are trying to get philosophical over.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're simply much better than anyone else in their league. The only scenario I can think of is they may drop a game if a defense comes up with a good gameplan for Hurt and he becomes a turnover happy freshman.
Ole Miss makes me nervous.

Those cats will find a way to bring all they ever were or will be into a single focal-point to beat Bama

... then their season will subsequently turn to crap.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game's coming on again right now on the SEC Network. I'm interested to see it sober.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one takes psychology references from burned out stoners very seriously.

There's a difference between hating on individual SC fans and some deep rooted Freudian thing. Some actually do hate your team just because. And that fucking band doesn't help things any. Then there's rivals and/or conference foes and their history which I believe also more applies to those you are trying to get philosophical over.
Its a concept that spans all sports. Simple facts. Are you saying there are not fans of teams. hat are not rivals of Alabama. That do not hate them due to their success?