• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #20 USC at #1 Alabama, 8 PM EST, ABC

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the game. Had to work last night.

Saw the score this morning....

52-6?!?!

GODDAMN!

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how long USC's 'popularity appearance' in the rankings will last this year.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I caught a lot of heat for saying Bama would win by 4 TDs. Guess I overrated USC in reality.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the game. Had to work last night.

Saw the score this morning....

52-6?!?!

GODDAMN!

Neither team played the game that the score would indicate. USC got a little desperate and played out towards the end and Alabama made them pay for it.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither team played the game that the score would indicate. USC got a little desperate and played out towards the end and Alabama made them pay for it.
Bama is damn good this year. I know it's still early in the season, but what I saw of the rest of the SEC yesterday, Bama should win the conference hands down. IMO it's Bama and just a bunch of average to good teams in the SEC this year. I could be wrong.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama is damn good this year. I know it's still early in the season, but what I saw of the rest of the SEC yesterday, Bama should win the conference hands down. IMO it's Bama and just a bunch of average to good teams in the SEC this year. I could be wrong.

You aren't wrong

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOLY SHIT!!

Was watching the game with a couple of friends.

None of us expected USC to win, but for the first quarter and a half when the defense was playing well and we were up 3-0 we were thinking:

:shocked: We might have a chance.

Then at halftime it was:

:hope: If we can get a stop on the first drive and a score...we can get right back into this.

Then after that 71 yard TD pass it was:

:shocked: I think we're in trouble.

I don't think we're as bad as the score. I think we're young and inexperienced in the wrong places and the game got away from us. But we have a long way to go and a lot of work to do to get to Bama's level.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOLY SHIT!!

None of us expected USC to win, but for the first quarter and a half when the defense was playing well and we were up 3-0 we were thinking:

Then at halftime it was:

:hope: If we can get a stop on the first drive and a score...we can get right back into this.

I don't think we're as bad as the score. I think we're young and inexperienced in the wrong places and the game got away from us. But we have a long way to go and a lot of work to do to get to Bama's level.

Maybe you'll win every game the rest of the season except the Washington game. I think everyone on the Hoop would be happy with that.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you'll win every game the rest of the season except the Washington game. I think everyone on the Hoop would be happy with that.

I'd kinda like to win that Washington game too. But I'm greedy like that. :lol:

Although, if that was the only other loss, I'd be very happy by the end of the season.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd kinda like to win that Washington game too. But I'm greedy like that. :lol:

Although, if that was the only other loss, I'd be very happy by the end of the season.

I wouldn't mind USC beating Washington if not for a certain bet between posters here where the loser gets banned. I just like that particular Washington fan A LOT more than that particular USC fan.

CorpRebel

Rock-n-Roll
Hoopla Cash
$ 650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, BACK to the drawing board for USC... That 'drawing board' is taking a real beating these days. All worn out. Sheesh :L

But CONGRATS to Alabama. They sure took advantage of everything that was there for the taking and made it look EZ in the second half.

I need a drink (or three) :drink:

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, yeah that would be nice. I don't see USC beating the Huskies in Husky Stadium, they also have Stanford at home. I predict the Huskies will win THE PAC 12 North, IMO they are that good this year.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOLY SHIT!!

Then at halftime it was:

Looks like we watched the same game, lol. I was feeling anxious for the first half...then after the long td I was like, I think we got this. Then like you said, shit just got away from you.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we watched the same game, lol. I was feeling anxious for the first half...then after the long td I was like, I think we got this. Then like you said, shit just got away from you.

Yeah, I've said all along that I would feel a lot better about the game if it were being played next year. Going into a game against Bama with 6 new starters in the defensive front 7 and a qb making his first start is not a good idea. No matter how talented they might be.

When the game started to get away from us, there were a couple of plays that could have put us back in the game and we missed on them (1 where the receiver dropped the ball and 1 overthrow). Once that happened, the rout was on.

That defense of yours is just plain nasty.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, BACK to the drawing board for USC... That 'drawing board' is taking a real beating these days. All worn out. Sheesh :L

But CONGRATS to Alabama. They sure took advantage of everything that was there for the taking and made it look EZ in the second half.

I need a drink (or three) :drink:
Gotta give Adoree and Fitzpatrick a ton of credit. Who would have thought. Juju and Ridley would be shut down? Thats pretty impressive work by both corners.

Overall I was extremely impressed with the new defensive schemes. They were extremely impressive until they wore down. Gotta give them credit Alabama is the best team in the nation. If USC can get the offense on track. We could be seeing a much improved team from a year ago. They have Utah State to find the offense. After that its Stanford. The schedule doesn't get much better. Would love to see SC get Vaughns and Pittman some playing time at some point. They do have the skill to give Juju some support. And I believe the experience Juju received as a freshman. Played a big role in his progression.Still not sold on Helton

Alabama completely justified why they are the clear cut number 1 team in the nation imo

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, yeah that would be nice. I don't see USC beating the Huskies in Husky Stadium, they also have Stanford at home. I predict the Huskies will win THE PAC 12 North, IMO they are that good this year.

The Huskies definitely have the defense for it. If their offense is just a bit better than last year...I think you're right that they'll win the North.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expected a 14-28 range of margin if victory but damn.