• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

20 Player NBA Draft Semi-Final Playin : UK vs Nos

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And let's be honest.

Trout could move to India right now and never return. He's not going to be forgotten lol.

Yes he would... Maybe not if he was going to india, because people would say that dumbass ruined his career by going to the dumbest place in the world...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would never say a player is a top 4 PG in basketball because I know NOTHING ABOUT BASKETBALL....

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was that what I agreed with... I thought I was just agreeing to on his disagreement... I was trying to be milkian...

His disagreement was that a player can't be put top 4 off of 1.5 years. Idk why he disagrees with that but he does.

And no. Trout would not be forgotten. He would be brought up all time. You realize what he's already done right? Every year the All Star game would mention his name in some sort of crazy trivia.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did this already in the top 32 tournament, maybe I can find the post and I will bring it here... But you would be surprised how almost all of the Best players have been pre expansion and most have been pre integration... I have noticed though that at least 40 of the top 50 BA seasons have been before 1960... what does that tell you???

Plus, there has not been one .400 BA season since 1960... all this is not a coincidence IMO...

Tony Gwynn got screwed by the strike in 94.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
image.jpg

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd, should be at 3rd but we don't have anyone who can play 2nd... I'll take him up to Baton Rouge to some of your boys games and try to catch a camp there... :nod:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd, should be at 3rd but we don't have anyone who can play 2nd... I'll take him up to Baton Rouge to some of your boys games and try to catch a camp there... :nod:
Looking at that first picture, I'd like to see him stop behind 2nd when turning two, accept the toss and left foot only to the bag and then push off and throw off his right, like a drop step. Easy used to come accross the bag that way, but it's dangerous. Not trying to be nosy, but that could save a knee down the line

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at that first picture, I'd like to see him stop behind 2nd when turning two, accept the toss and left foot only to the bag and then push off and throw off his right, like a drop step. Easy used to come accross the bag that way, but it's dangerous. Not trying to be nosy, but that could save a knee down the line

Have been working on that just before it started getting cold actually... I also found a video of them working on jumping over the slide, not sure if he's ready for that one yet lol... He liked to go in front of the bag then stand on it to get the out and pivot to make the throw... We were telling him he's losing 2-3 steps by the runner doing it that way... He's doing it the way you were describing now for the most part, that pic was during the "World Series"... Those bastards charged like 15$ a picture... :tsk:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, his travel team coaches have decided on doing travel only this year, no league... Kinda pissed about it... I think these guys need another year together before they go that route IMO... I know that picture is of him chasing a ball but he knows when to sit on it when he can get there, but he's the only 1... Half the guys on our team are scared of the ball now that it's hard so when it comes right at them it usually goes between their legs... I have to coach Walker this year so there's nobody I trust Dash with outside of the group that put the travel team together and none of them are doing league... What is your honest take on it...?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have been working on that just before it started getting cold actually... I also found a video of them working on jumping over the slide, not sure if he's ready for that one yet lol... He liked to go in front of the bag then stand on it to get the out and pivot to make the throw... We were telling him he's losing 2-3 steps by the runner doing it that way... He's doing it the way you were describing now for the most part, that pic was during the "World Series"... Those bastards charged like 15$ a picture... :tsk:
Hahaha that's awesome. Yes, not only are you losing steps, you're going to make more bad throws throwing across your body, plus risking shoulder/elbow injuries. I would not jump over at his age, saw a kid dislocate his knee doing just that, plus you risk a nutter spikes high

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, his travel team coaches have decided on doing travel only this year, no league... Kinda pissed about it... I think these guys need another year together before they go that route IMO... I know that picture is of him chasing a ball but he knows when to sit on it when he can get there, but he's the only 1... Half the guys on our team are scared of the ball now that it's hard so when it comes right at them it usually goes between their legs... I have to coach Walker this year so there's nobody I trust Dash with outside of the group that put the travel team together and none of them are doing league... What is your honest take on it...?
I am so glad you asked, Erik's played for DBat and MVP Elite, traveled spring through fall high end Majors since he was 10. There's no possible way we do that with his two little brothers, for several reasons. One is money, it is very expensive, but moreover, the money will help him FAR more if you spend it on good instruction. And while the coach may say you need to travel to face top competition, which is true, there is a local alternative.... play up a year or two. If you're 9, play 10-11, you'llget competition lol . I think the ideal time to travel would be at 14U, and I would 100% play 15's so you could play 60-90. We put our 14's in a HS 15-18 league at 14 and got squashed, BUT... all 15 boys on that team have committed to college. 60' 18U is the only time the pitching will never get faster, once you've seen it, you've seen it

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so glad you asked, Erik's played for DBat and MVP Elite, traveled spring through fall high end Majors since he was 10. There's no possible way we do that with his two little brothers, for several reasons. One is money, it is very expensive, but moreover, the money will help him FAR more if you spend it on good instruction. And while the coach may say you need to travel to face top competition, which is true, there is a local alternative.... play up a year or two. If you're 9, play 10-11, you'llget competition lol . I think the ideal time to travel would be at 14U, and I would 100% play 15's so you could play 60-90. We put our 14's in a HS 15-18 league at 14 and got squashed, BUT... all 15 boys on that team have committed to college. 60' 18U is the only time the pitching will never get faster, once you've seen it, you've seen it

Son ofa!!! I knew it... These bastards took the 10 best players out the league and even then I'd put Dash in and we'd take our chances but I don't know any coaches that will would be moving up or that's there... I'm going to try to talk some sense into them 1 more time... I promised Walker I'd coach him this year so I can't do both again... :tsk:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And thanks again! Headed to basketball workouts, these goofs keep asking when are we going lol... :nod:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Son ofa!!! I knew it... These bastards took the 10 best players out the league and even then I'd put Dash in and we'd take our chances but I don't know any coaches that will would be moving up or that's there... I'm going to try to talk some sense into them 1 more time... I promised Walker I'd coach him this year so I can't do both again... :tsk:
You could play Dash up on another team. I did that withErik, one year up and he was still one of the better players, 2 years and he had to battle just to play,(puberty makes it like playing guys on steroids). I GUARANTEE you, if he plays up, he will face faster pitching than he will in anything but national level majors, and he will be better than the boys that traveled

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And thanks again! Headed to basketball workouts, these goofs keep asking when are we going lol... :nod:
You Bet! Dash strikes me as a kid who loves the game, so I will give you my best advice if he would like to play in college(and possibly beyond) someday. I've ran High School Showcase tournaments for years, always had college coaches and pro scouts attend, and had Erik play in college showcases all over the South. I can PROMISE you, when it comes time to get recruited, a college coach won't give two squirts of rabbit pee if a kids travel team were the USSSA National Champion 4 years straight. If you tell them your son was all district 4 straight years and hit .500 they will YAWN. The ONLY things they care about....How tall the kid is, what their stopwatch says when they run a 60, and what their radar gun says when they throw and hit off a tee. Erik has been all everything in HS, is 5'11''(good not great), 84 off the mound(too slow for scouts as a pitcher, just fine for mid IF), 6.7 in the 60(fast, not blazing) and batspeed is 94 off a tee(D1 college speed).
I would get Dash with a personal trainer. Not baseball specific yet, just make him a more flexible and better athlete. Once he gets into HS, the numbers he needs to work on are just like an NFL combine

Arm strength-90 and up gets him a full ride somewhere
86-87 as a pitcher will get him a D1 juco ride(D2's no athletic schollys)
83-85 will get you money as a position player if you are fast and can rake

Speed- 60 yards- 6.5 gets you a ride anywhere
6.7 is plus speed
6.9 is average
anything over 7.0....you'd better throw 90...
6.7 60 equates to a 4.65 40, 6.5 equates to 4.4

Batspeed, 92 and up in HS is excellent(off a tee)
87-90 is above average
anything under 87, better be a pitcher

Those are the things that will get him money, along with desire, and attitude. The MOST important thing he can do as a player is be an excellent student. The better his grades, the more academic money he can get in tandem with athletic money

Hope that helps

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You Bet! Dash strikes me as a kid who loves the game, so I will give you my best advice if he would like to play in college(and possibly beyond) someday. I've ran High School Showcase tournaments for years, always had college coaches and pro scouts attend, and had Erik play in college showcases all over the South. I can PROMISE you, when it comes time to get recruited, a college coach won't give two squirts of rabbit pee if a kids travel team were the USSSA National Champion 4 years straight. If you tell them your son was all district 4 straight years and hit .500 they will YAWN. The ONLY things they care about....How tall the kid is, what their stopwatch says when they run a 60, and what their radar gun says when they throw and hit off a tee. Erik has been all everything in HS, is 5'11''(good not great), 84 off the mound(too slow for scouts as a pitcher, just fine for mid IF), 6.7 in the 60(fast, not blazing) and batspeed is 94 off a tee(D1 college speed).
I would get Dash with a personal trainer. Not baseball specific yet, just make him a more flexible and better athlete. Once he gets into HS, the numbers he needs to work on are just like an NFL combine

Arm strength-90 and up gets him a full ride somewhere
86-87 as a pitcher will get him a D1 juco ride(D2's no athletic schollys)
83-85 will get you money as a position player if you are fast and can rake

Speed- 60 yards- 6.5 gets you a ride anywhere
6.7 is plus speed
6.9 is average
anything over 7.0....you'd better throw 90...
6.7 60 equates to a 4.65 40, 6.5 equates to 4.4

Batspeed, 92 and up in HS is excellent(off a tee)
87-90 is above average
anything under 87, better be a pitcher

Those are the things that will get him money, along with desire, and attitude. The MOST important thing he can do as a player is be an excellent student. The better his grades, the more academic money he can get in tandem with athletic money

Hope that helps

Great stuff!!! Definitely helps... By that Walker isn't looking at much money that way... He doesn't have the fire Dash does for sports... They had workouts today and he was laying on the court and dash was trying to get his elbow straight on his jumper the last 30min... Luckily Walker is top of his class every year the lazy bastid! I'm really trying to figure out where his fire is though...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great stuff!!! Definitely helps... By that Walker isn't looking at much money that way... He doesn't have the fire Dash does for sports... They had workouts today and he was laying on the court and dash was trying to get his elbow straight on his jumper the last 30min... Luckily Walker is top of his class every year the lazy bastid! I'm really trying to figure out where his fire is though...
If Walkers grades are good, it will work out. My niece scored a 31 and got a ride to A@M. Can't do better than that even with a 4.2 40