• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

20 Player NBA Draft Semi-Final Playin : UK vs Nos

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U
And my reference for the original quote is people acting like you need to have seen all these guys play to judge them - which is idiotic.
You don't have to have seen them play, but it certainly helps. I've never seen Honus Wagner play, but in addition to having great numbers, he was revered by his opponents and historians who did see him. I'll give you an example of a modern player who isn't an all time great yet, but is greater than simply the sum of his numbers.....Jose Altuve. If you actually watch him day in day out, and see the hustle plays and little things he does(like a Jeter, Rose, etc), you have a deeper appreciation for the player he is. Same with a great player like Barry Bonds. I saw him, and while I never saw Babe Ruth, I understand Ruth's greatness by having actually witnessed Bonds

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And my reference for the original quote is people acting like you need to have seen all these guys play to judge them - which is idiotic.

I haven't seen them all play, but I did stay at a Holiday inn express... :noidea:

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U

You don't have to have seen them play, but it certainly helps. I've never seen Honus Wagner play, but in addition to having great numbers, he was revered by his opponents and historians who did see him. I'll give you an example of a modern player who isn't an all time great yet, but is greater than simply the sum of his numbers.....Jose Altuve. If you actually watch him day in day out, and see the hustle plays and little things he does(like a Jeter, Rose, etc), you have a deeper appreciation for the player he is. Same with a great player like Barry Bonds. I saw him, and while I never saw Babe Ruth, I understand Ruth's greatness by having actually witnessed Bonds

Im not saying it's worthless but it's largely overrated by people who want to act like the players they grew up with were special and that their era was special.

As for things like hustle? If I want i can read about him or watch videos of him playing aand hustle will for the most part show up in stats

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not saying it's worthless but it's largely overrated by people who want to act like the players they grew up with were special and that their era was special.

As for things like hustle? If I want i can read about him or watch videos of him playing aand hustle will for the most part show up in stats

I got into a fight with nos and UK about the eye test... and this was one of the points I was trying to make... But I think during it I insulted nos, and he wouldn't see the points I was trying but unsuccessfully make...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got into a fight with nos and UK about the eye test... and this was one of the points I was trying to make... But I think during it I insulted nos, and he wouldn't see the points I was trying but unsuccessfully make...
I don't think you understood our point. Surely you watch games. It's much easier to to evaluate players if you see them. Nos and I are both in our 40's, anyone who played before the late 70's, we're going off reputation and numbers as well

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hehe nos can get a little fired up

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you understood our point. Surely you watch games. It's much easier to to evaluate players if you see them. Nos and I are both in our 40's, anyone who played before the late 70's, we're going off reputation and numbers as well

lets not rehash this yet... I am sure it will come up during a future baseball mock we do... I will say this though, thanks to Obxyankeefan and his top 32 tournament, I have been getting a new appreciation to some players, and am caring more with the league averages for those years... I am really having a problem with how too many players from yester year are seen to be better than modern day players...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets not rehash this yet... I am sure it will come up during a future baseball mock we do... I will say this though, thanks to Obxyankeefan and his top 32 tournament, I have been getting a new appreciation to some players, and am caring more with the league averages for those years... I am really having a problem with how too many players from yester year are seen to be better than modern day players...
Are there really that many? We basically take a centuries worth of the greatest players of every decade, and compare them to player of today skill wise. There aren't 5 players at every position from the year 1900 that we say are better than the best today. There's Cobb, Wagner, Johnson, maybe 5-6 others. Same with every decade

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are there really that many? We basically take a centuries worth of the greatest players of every decade, and compare them to player of today skill wise. There aren't 5 players at every position from the year 1900 that we say are better than the best today. There's Cobb, Wagner, Johnson, maybe 5-6 others. Same with every decade

I did this already in the top 32 tournament, maybe I can find the post and I will bring it here... But you would be surprised how almost all of the Best players have been pre expansion and most have been pre integration... I have noticed though that at least 40 of the top 50 BA seasons have been before 1960... what does that tell you???

Plus, there has not been one .400 BA season since 1960... all this is not a coincidence IMO...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with your disagreement...

Which makes all your mike trout incoherent nonsense even more nonsense.

If Curry is a top 4 Pg of all time off 1.5 years

Trout is a top 10 player of all time easily off that same logic.

Cmon dude. It's idiotic.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which makes all your mike trout incoherent nonsense even more nonsense.

If Curry is a top 4 Pg of all time off 1.5 years

Trout is a top 10 player of all time easily off that same logic.

Cmon dude. It's idiotic.

How so?? Don't just look at WAR... For a power hitter that is seen to be the best thing since sliced bread to not have one season of an OPS 1.00 or over is proof enough that he is not yet the best thing since sliced bread...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How so?? Don't just look at WAR... For a power hitter that is seen to be the best thing since sliced bread to not have one season of an OPS 1.00 or over is proof enough that he is not yet the best thing since sliced bread...

Are you smoking crack?

I said top 10. Because based on his first 4 years ALL AROUND. There are not 10 players that have done what Trout has be 24.

I'm pointing out how idiotic it is that you are accepting curry for 1.5 years. Just be consistent.

You are aware that he's actually older by a few months than Durant and Westrbook? Now there are two guys who have actually proven things for YEARS

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you smoking crack?

I said top 10. Because based on his first 4 years ALL AROUND. There are not 10 players that have done what Trout has be 24.

I'm pointing out how idiotic it is that you are accepting curry for 1.5 years. Just be consistent.

You are aware that he's actually older by a few months than Durant and Westrbook? Now there are two guys who have actually proven things for YEARS

But age shouldn't matter... there is a difference between curry who is already the best EVER at something and Trout who has had great seasons, but nothing special compared to other greats...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But age shouldn't matter... there is a difference between curry who is already the best EVER at something and Trout who has had great seasons, but nothing special compared to other greats...

Lmfao. So you are saying that Curry should be a top 4 PG right now simply because he does 1 thing really well?

But trout who has yet to not finish top 2 in MVP voting doesn't get your respect because he does everything good. And not just dominate at 1?

This is without a doubt the worst argument I've ever heard in the history of sports discussion. There isn't even logic.

And age does matter if you could comprehend my point. Durant and Westbrook have put up star numbers for like 7 years and sre still younger. 7>1.5.

Comprende?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did this already in the top 32 tournament, maybe I can find the post and I will bring it here... But you would be surprised how almost all of the Best players have been pre expansion and most have been pre integration... I have noticed though that at least 40 of the top 50 BA seasons have been before 1960... what does that tell you???

Plus, there has not been one .400 BA season since 1960... all this is not a coincidence IMO...

The opposite is true IMO. Take A-Rod, he's a modern SS. Tell me all the disrespect he gets because there are so many past greats better than him. Honus Wagner maybe, who else? Crickets. One freaking guy in 100years . How about Barry Bonds? List all the LF considered on his level....Ted Williams and who else? Crickets. Miquel Cabrera at 1st? Gehrig, Foxx, who else? The thing is, most of those older guys didn't play in the same decade. Modern players deserve their share of credit, but they are no better than players of the past, all delusions aside

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmfao. So you are saying that Curry should be a top 4 PG right now simply because he does 1 thing really well?

But trout who has yet to not finish top 2 in MVP voting doesn't get your respect because he does everything good. And not just dominate at 1?

This is without a doubt the worst argument I've ever heard in the history of sports discussion. There isn't even logic.

And age does matter if you could comprehend my point. Durant and Westbrook have put up star numbers for like 7 years and sre still younger. 7>1.5.

Comprende?

When did I say Trout does not get my respect?? he is an amazing player... I just think the hype is too much... and when people in the mocks take him over players with full careers who had better best seasons...

Put it this way, if both Trout and Curry both NEVER play another game, both would not be HOF worthy, but curry would still be seen as one of the best 3 point shooters of all time... Trout would be forgotten...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did I say Trout does not get my respect?? he is an amazing player... I just think the hype is too much... and when people in the mocks take him over players with full careers who had better best seasons...

Put it this way, if both Trout and Curry both NEVER play another game, both would not be HOF worthy, but curry would still be seen as one of the best 3 point shooters of all time... Trout would be forgotten...

I'm not talking about Curry being a top 3 pt shooter

I'm talking about Curry being a top 4 all time Pg(which you just agreed with) off of 1.5 seasons. It's mental.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And let's be honest.

Trout could move to India right now and never return. He's not going to be forgotten lol.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not talking about Curry being a top 3 pt shooter

I'm talking about Curry being a top 4 all time Pg(which you just agreed with) off of 1.5 seasons. It's mental.

Was that what I agreed with... I thought I was just agreeing to on his disagreement... I was trying to be milkian...